Lak3surf3r    714

but hopefully summer 2015 burning 12.5 gph will only "feel" like 7gph in summer 2014 dollars.

Haha hopefully! We are down to $1.99 a gallon in AZ but my jeep is diesel so its still at $2.70 so it only helps my boat, not my jeep lol

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I have filled my FS44 like that before trying to clean up the wake face with people weight switching sides for transfers and the 450 in my boat used about 12.5gph while doing so at 11.4mph

Compared to what when listed?

So it doesn't help at all when listed...? Hmmm. That's a letdown. Maybe I'll cancel mine. Unless the wave on the FS33 is better setup that way than it is listed.... which I highly doubt!

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Haha hopefully! We are down to $1.99 a gallon in AZ but my jeep is diesel so its still at $2.70 so it only helps my boat, not my jeep lol

Which is so ridiculous! Diesel is made from oil too last time I checked! Just sucks. Lol

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Compared to what when listed?

So it doesn't help at all when listed...? Hmmm. That's a letdown. Maybe I'll cancel mine. Unless the wave on the FS33 is better setup that way than it is listed.... which I highly doubt!

I run around 8.7 GPH when listed with 100% ram 100% PnP on surf side, 25% counter ram full, 70% bow, cats at 30 or -30 depending on which side is being surfed. One thing i didnt ask about is the cats setting on the quickfill setup. I would assume it adjusts and switches sides when you move the quicksurf since it part of the convergence process and it move pretty quickly anyway.

Edited by nasmith342

NW Boat Sports    232

I read it as the best surf wave came from Full tanks and bags, NO QUICKSURF, and that would mean traditional "listed" boat. No Spray from Quicksurf tabs either in use or not. So interpret that as no negative effects, but any Positive is unclear. Maybe I'm wrong? Probably need to clarify for us tuning in!!

Yes Quicksurf, yes full quick fill, yes full plug and play, 4 people in the boat.

• Like 1

Erksonray    10

Thanks NW for testing and reporting...Oh the drama. We are so stoked to be getting a Supreme S21 with Quicksurf, Quick Fill, Plug & Play (750's) and an A-Plate. Can't wait until Spring! Stokamoka and not looking back.

• Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

We are so stoked to be getting a Supreme S21 with Quicksurf, Quick Fill, Plug & Play (750's) and an A-Plate. Can't wait until Spring! Stokamoka and not looking back.

Awesome Man!!! Thanks for sharing the Stoke

NW Boat Sports    232

Thanks NW for testing and reporting...Oh the drama. We are so stoked to be getting a Supreme S21 with Quicksurf, Quick Fill, Plug & Play (750's) and an A-Plate. Can't wait until Spring! Stokamoka and not looking back.

Dealer doing Aplate or factory?

DarksideR    1,679

Sorry if I caused any drama. Not my intent. Just trying to figure out if it's worth getting if I'm going to run the boat listed anyway. With Ramfill, I don't think the switchover time is going to be an issue. So no real need for quicksurf in my situation. Might be worth it for resale in 3-5 years though.

• Like 1

Erksonray    10

A friend had one on his 233 that he sold...he kept the plate and gave it to me. We are getting it cut to fit the slightly smaller S21 plate.

• Like 1

Erksonray    10

No worries...I stoked. It will be worth it...Fineline would not have made it if it was not worth it.

Erksonray    10

No worries...I stoked. It will be worth it...Fineline would not have made it if it was not worth it.

• Like 1

shawndoggy    49

Sorry if I caused any drama. Not my intent. Just trying to figure out if it's worth getting if I'm going to run the boat listed anyway. With Ramfill, I don't think the switchover time is going to be an issue. So no real need for quicksurf in my situation. Might be worth it for resale in 3-5 years though.

I think it will be mandatory for resale. Look at how many malibus you see "optioned" with surfgate. Yeah it's an option, but if you want to ever sell a malibu again, it'd better have it.

• Like 4

DarksideR    1,679

I think it will be mandatory for resale. Look at how many malibus you see "optioned" with surfgate. Yeah it's an option, but if you want to ever sell a malibu again, it'd better have it.

Well put. But who buys Malibus anyway? Lol

• Like 3

viking    491

I'd have to disagree on "mandatory for resale"! Lurk on the Malibu site and you'll see that educated buyers/owners will say the BU's have a better surf wake listed than a surfgate wake. The consumers are getting more info. all the time the longer these contraptions are out and tested. Is it a fad right now - YES! Will it help Fineline sell MORE boats - Probably in the near term. But worst case scenario you can retro the quick surf if trying to sell and find that in your particular geographical area people only want a boat with flaps. Figure approx. $1500 option versus $2500 retro and you are talking $1k to make your boat more marketable (if that is even the case).

I don't think its as big a deal as some are making it out to be either way! I struggled at first because I have a new 226 on order. But why purchase an option that you may not ever use but once, still yet to know for sure that it helps anything, causes more fuel consumption, another component to fail, just on the assumption it MAY help resale some day? Just saying.......

• Like 1

shawndoggy    49

I'd have to disagree on "mandatory for resale"! Lurk on the Malibu site and you'll see that educated buyers/owners will say the BU's have a better surf wake listed than a surfgate wake. The consumers are getting more info. all the time the longer these contraptions are out and tested. Is it a fad right now - YES! Will it help Fineline sell MORE boats - Probably in the near term. But worst case scenario you can retro the quick surf if trying to sell and find that in your particular geographical area people only want a boat with flaps. Figure approx. $1500 option versus $2500 retro and you are talking $1k to make your boat more marketable (if that is even the case).

I don't think its as big a deal as some are making it out to be either way! I struggled at first because I have a new 226 on order. But why purchase an option that you may not ever use but once, still yet to know for sure that it helps anything, causes more fuel consumption, another component to fail, just on the assumption it MAY help resale some day? Just saying.......

Is there a 2013 or later malibu vdrive that has actually sold to a real live breathing human and doesn't have SG? There are a few out there in the world, but I've yet to see one that has actually been purchased.

For Malibu owners it's a much more important decision to make at the time of purchase because Malibu doesn't allow retrofit after. So you may be right that it doesn't really matter at purchase if the upgrade can be made later on (ala NSS on post 2012 nautiques).

wideman55    8

According to my dealer the factory is offering Quicksurf for free until the end of the month on new orders. Maybe look into that.

RhuntIII    555

Viking, You brought a very good point. All we can do is sit back and watch the new customers pay for a bolt on product to do Centurion's R&D. I bought a boat for surfing and in my researching I found that a listed boat is the way to go for the biggest and baddest wave and Centurion was the boat to buy. Heck with only one side weighted you even save on fuel. Empty all ballast for a level boat ride and a pimp place to chill.

I think that sums it up rhunt.. And x2 in what Viking said.. Given how these boats perform, and given the fact that the folks who buy these boats a generally serious about surfing, I don't think forgoing the quick surf will hurt you much in resale. If it were me, It really wouldn't be on my mind. Don't get me wrong its a smart consideration, but at the same time when you're building YOUR boat, you'll be happiest when you build it your way and think less about what the next owner will think down the road.

• Like 2

dejoeco    59

I don't see it negatively effecting a standard listed boat.. In fact, it can probably help some.. Many folks with Nautiques, Malibus, MC's etc. still overweight the boat on the surf side to get the most out of it. Even the G23 at Nationals was listed, albeit not as much as the Enzo at worlds. The way I see it is that regardless of surf system if you're weighting the boat totally evenly than your leaving something on the table. Can't wait to get one of these systems and really put it to the test and see what the best configurations are..

The G23 at Nationals was not listed unless you count the people on board the boat. I competed and was a judge at that event. It is my understanding that the boat was weighted with a lot of extra weight in the bow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..