Dreamer    96

attachicon.gifGoofy side.jpg

2013 Enzo SV230+

- 1100lb sack in locker

- 255lb mid-seat (Pro-ballast)

- 500lb QF

- 750lb Fat Sack filled to about 500 on seat (with light crew of just 2-3)Was just Driver and Surfer on this day.

- 2 x 155lb Fat Bricks on swim step

- 200lb POP bags in mid-seat

- 200lb POP bags in bow footwell

11.0 MPH

Trim at 100

That is a lot of weight on one side. Have you ever tried a few pounds of counterweight? It works for me (except we ride the port side).

That is a lot of weight on one side. Have you ever tried a few pounds of counterweight? It works for me (except we ride the port side).

I have tried some counterweight in the Port locker but it seemed to wash out the wave and cause more wash on the lip.

Dreamer    96

we run our counter weight under the seat behind the driver (400# sac). You could move it further up the port side. Our gas cap is pretty close to the water without the counter weight.

DarksideR    1,679

Counterweight doesn't work for the goofy wave in these boats.

Wetsu, I'd suggest pulling out the bow weight, fill the 750 on the seat to full(it'll stay put better when it's full anyway) and no fatbricks on the platform. Keep everything else the same. Trim tab should be level or pointing down... try it in different degrees. When sitting idle, the back 2-3ft of your starboard side rubrail should be under water. Try this, then add one fatbrick to the platform. Then try two. Also, I notice a significant improvement in MY goofy wave when my gastank is only half full. My gastank is pretty far forward in the boat, so I've noticed that bow weight does not help my goofy wave at all. But... there is a point when youve gone too far. My last outing, I couldn't have the fatbrick on the platform. I had a huge amount of wash kicking up, so I moved it to just behind the driver on the floor and boom... instant wave fix! lol.

Good luck, and keep us right footed superior beings posted :laughing:

SMITH    2

thanks RVR it's taken a bit of work but finally gettin that wave to its max!! I just did my first test run on my surf mat that I bolted underneath my swim step!! It knocked all the wash down from the port side and made the wall above the lip super smooth! Pretty stoked gonna start a new thread when I get it finalized

Surfs up

What is this "surf mat" you speak of? Is that the mud/spray flap mod I have seen on this forum years ago?

Counterweight doesn't work for the goofy wave in these boats.

Wetsu, I'd suggest pulling out the bow weight, fill the 750 on the seat to full(it'll stay put better when it's full anyway) and no fatbricks on the platform. Keep everything else the same. Trim tab should be level or pointing down... try it in different degrees. When sitting idle, the back 2-3ft of your starboard side rubrail should be under water. Try this, then add one fatbrick to the platform. Then try two. Also, I notice a significant improvement in MY goofy wave when my gastank is only half full. My gastank is pretty far forward in the boat, so I've noticed that bow weight does not help my goofy wave at all. But... there is a point when youve gone too far. My last outing, I couldn't have the fatbrick on the platform. I had a huge amount of wash kicking up, so I moved it to just behind the driver on the floor and boom... instant wave fix! lol.

Good luck, and keep us right footed superior beings posted :laughing:

I have shifted the bow weight (280lbs in POP bags) back to center of the hull and in the open areas under the console area around the built in cooler. I will try the other suggestions tomorrow and see what it does starting with the 750lb sack and then adding in the Fat bricks. With the 750 on the seat and 2 fat bricks on the step I am getting the back 2-3 feet of rubrail submerged, I covered the rear vents cause the water is over them when running and it is touching the gas cap on the starboard side. Waiting on the new Asymmetric Wing plate that is on the 2014s to arrive so I can see how much it helps in conjunction with the exhaust silencer. I have noticed with the fat bricks on the step that it gets it so low in the water that it starts creating a small double lip where the step is dragging. Not sure how to fix that except go to a smaller Surf platform which while I would be inclined to do I am sure I don't want to know what that would cost.

Edited by WETSU Wakesurfer

mac19    4

thanks RVR it's taken a bit of work but finally gettin that wave to its max!! I just did my first test run on my surf mat that I bolted underneath my swim step!! It knocked all the wash down from the port side and made the wall above the lip super smooth! Pretty stoked gonna start a new thread when I get it finalized

Surfs up

Great looking wave!! I would like to here more about the Mat any Pics? I did your Wing plate Mod and would love to hear and see more of the mat you mentioned.

• Like 1

LKASurfing    53

Here is a recent pic with a couple extra people in the boat on the sun deck. Also switched the starboard PnP bag to a 650. No bags anywhere! Everything plumbed!! This is also with the trim at 100%!! I can make it steeper by putting it to 0% but I like the longer wake!

post-2138-0-06794200-1376827930_thumb.jpg

Bongo Fury    640

LKA.....would you mind telling me exactly what ballast you are running? Thanks!!!!

DarksideR    1,679

Great pic and wave LKA! Unless that chick's a midget, that's a formidable goofy wave!! LOL

Please, tell us your secret (ballast setup).

Troy    234

Sometimes I wish I had an Enzo. LOL Nice waves!

duramat    462

Sometimes I wish I had an Enzo. LOL Nice waves!

...word

Kevin Baugh    78

What does this tell you about my wave :thumbdown:

[bOATING RULES: SPEED LIMIT] June 12, 2013

The maximum speed of any watercraft operated on Holiday Lake shall be 55 mph or as defined in the Reckless or Careless Operation section of the Holiday Shores Boating Rules. Operation of said watercraft shall be in a manner that does not create an exaggerated wake. Intentionally "Plowing" or "pushing water" at speeds greater than no-wake, but less than those typically maintained while "on plane", is not permitted. Ref: Board of

LKASurfing    53

Okay, First of all is I know I can slam my boat with tons of bags and make a big wake. I am more a bout a good clean wake with lots of drive, and also having to have no visible bags (although when it is just my Lady & I I do throw a brick on the stud rear seat to help out) Plus I like to have the boat ballast out with just button pushing.

Current set up it as follows;

All STB side, (i have not tried counterweight with this set up yet, I plan on doing so this week though)

I have a Port Plate mod added to my trim tab like on the 2014 boats

Quick Fill Full

750 bag rear compartment

Pro Ballast (Changed to a 650lb bag)

For that picture There were two guys (370lbs total) on the sun deck area, myself & a teenage girl stb seat, My lady driving.

Speed 11.2

Trim all the way down at 100% (I like the longer wake with people in the boat, when just my Lady & I I run the trim about 35% to give more height)

I think I might order a 1100 lb bag to swap in the rear locker to make up for the two guys on the sun deck!

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

Thanks!....We are regular, but wanted to see how you set it up. Our plug and play in the rear locker fills it and I can't see how you I get anything bigger in there. On the Pro Ballast does that 650 pop up the seat?

Thanks for your help. We are using a 400 on the seat and I would love to loose it. We fill both quick fills and use our bow ballast in addition to PNP and Pro full.

DarksideR    1,679

What does this tell you about my wave :thumbdown:

[bOATING RULES: SPEED LIMIT] June 12, 2013

The maximum speed of any watercraft operated on Holiday Lake shall be 55 mph or as defined in the Reckless or Careless Operation section of the Holiday Shores Boating Rules. Operation of said watercraft shall be in a manner that does not create an exaggerated wake. Intentionally "Plowing" or "pushing water" at speeds greater than no-wake, but less than those typically maintained while "on plane", is not permitted. Ref: Board of

Well that makes surfing a bit more difficult now doesn't it!

mancho    85

Well that makes surfing a bit more difficult now doesn't it!

Time to sell that property to grampa w the pontoon boat.

Bigcatpt    408

Thought I would post a few pics of my goofy wave

2003 Avy with the walk thru. I chose these pics because they show the good wave ....not because the surf shots are that good.

I love how clean the Avy wave is on both sides! Not the best of pics (cell phone at bad angle)

post-188-0-04059800-1376944241_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-59971800-1376944249_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-60258700-1376944257_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-81695400-1376944272_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-36734000-1376944279_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-64926900-1376944290_thumb.jpg

• Like 1