desotodave

What is going on at Centurion?

rammer998    0

Dave,

Everyone gets your point. We all get it, M&M gives excellent customer service. They did say they will still service Centurions. No one says you have to go to the other guys. Valid point by Tank, call them and find out what happened. If your really that upset, sell your enzo.

Talk about beating the horse 10 times over!!!!!!!!

They dealer here is gone but it doenst really hurt me, as I didnt do business with them as they were a hole in the wall. I will say, I have owned my Avy for 5 years now and I do wish Centurion would update they website in the Fall when they release the new boats. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't. They seem to be the last to update there site. :horse: Thats why I asked a stupid question on another thread, What is PCM?

Edited by rammer998

Skibumm    184

I just spoke to Troy from M&M and he wants me to let everyone know a couple of things.

First is that they were dropped by Centurion because they were asked to buy more boats and they refused to floor more boats at a time when there are a lot of Centurions out there that have been repoed from dealers and can be sold for two thirds of the cost of new one. They would have been willing to keep the existing commitment level but not any higher. Utah Water Sports had made an offer to do exactly that and purchase or essentially commit to a higher level of flooring.

Second is that M&M is not going out of business they had a profitable year last year and that is based mostly on the retail side of the market. They are still financially sound and are in fact looking at other options for boats as we speak with some things already in the works.

And finally third is that they will continue to service ALL of thier customers to the best of their ability. If you know Troy that means a lot as he is truly a man of his word.

I have only purchased one Centurion from Troy, but I have refered countless friends and family members there and I have been a close friend to Troy and Kris since I purchased my Falcon in 1993. I did not buy a Centurion or refer people to M&M because of the Centurion name, but because it is hard to find a Dealer be it Cars, Boats, RVs, Motorcycles etc that you feel that you can truly trust and Troy and Kris are TRUSTWORTHY.

AWESOME!!! Now we know the whole story. So can we get onto other more important things/discussions, like wakeboarding, surfing or how to get a stripper pole on the boat with an evolution tower?

Thank you and good bye! :yahoo:

rizza32    0

OOhh Stripper Pole. Yeah don;t think the wife would go for that one.

h20king    794

i have seen stripper poles mounted where the rear ski arm goes but my wife also wont have it

Spud    7

Samesies. :yahoo::popo::ouch:

enzo101mo    98

Has anyone seen Waterski mag. 2010 buyers guide for this year? It's real sad, the only boats in the mag. are malibu, Master craft. Tige & supra. It's a real sign that boat manufactors are really hurting. I feel if you want your boat in the guide you have to pay for the advertising it's not free and the boat builders have to cut cost . I looked back at 2007 guide to now and it's at least 60Percent smaller in 2010.

Maybe Centurion wants to floor more boats on the market to stay alive.

rizza32    0

That and wakeboarding mag have no centurions. Funny enough they carry Moomba which is more of a budget boat. I have had two Moombas prior and and they are great boats. Never really had a problem and the Mobius threw a good wake but my Avy that I have now feels like twice the boat.

WakeDoc    471

I lost ALL RESPECT for Wakeboard Mag, if they can't produce a boat buyers guide with all the boats on the market what's the point of having one...JOKE!

Spud    7

I thought the whole mag was an ad.

ladderrat    0

yupp ads.... if you look at the wording in the mag, somebody just copied and pasted..... pretty bad they cant be original.....at least the website has the bikini models in it....

:yahoo:

Spud    7

Hey rizza, headin to Tahoe tomorrow, hows the snow in your woods?

desotodave    0
I just spoke to Troy from M&M and he wants me to let everyone know a couple of things.

First is that they were dropped by Centurion because they were asked to buy more boats and they refused to floor more boats at a time when there are a lot of Centurions out there that have been repoed from dealers and can be sold for two thirds of the cost of new one. They would have been willing to keep the existing commitment level but not any higher. Utah Water Sports had made an offer to do exactly that and purchase or essentially commit to a higher level of flooring.

Second is that M&M is not going out of business they had a profitable year last year and that is based mostly on the retail side of the market. They are still financially sound and are in fact looking at other options for boats as we speak with some things already in the works.

And finally third is that they will continue to service ALL of thier customers to the best of their ability. If you know Troy that means a lot as he is truly a man of his word.

I have only purchased one Centurion from Troy, but I have refered countless friends and family members there and I have been a close friend to Troy and Kris since I purchased my Falcon in 1993. I did not buy a Centurion or refer people to M&M because of the Centurion name, but because it is hard to find a Dealer be it Cars, Boats, RVs, Motorcycles etc that you feel that you can truly trust and Troy and Kris are TRUSTWORTHY.

Skibumm,

I agree with everything you have said. I like you over the years have been the beneficiary of M&M's great service and support. It is sad to see so many of the posters say "big deal your dealer won't carry Centurion" then make comments like their dealer is useless, black hole etc. I too had been used to the same old treatment from dealers I bought Cars, Motorcycles, etc. from. It was just so refreshing to deal with Troy, Adam, Shane and the guys down at M&M. Love my Enzo, Love my dealer, and they just got a divorce.

tank222    2

Holy crap the river just flooded!!!!!!!!

On a side note I would not recommend putting a stripper pole on the evolution tower if your mounts break your sol.

Kevin Baugh    78

"so many of the posters say "big deal your dealer won't carry Centurion"

You must be reading a different thread than I am

rizza32    0

Hey Spud, drove to work on a sheet of ice this morning. But they are predicting a total of 10 new feet of snow in the mountains by Sat. Should be good. Though it will be a mad house for the weekend.

Spud    7

Tell me about it.

mdboats    0

Like Kevin said there are far to many variables and for us to assume is crazy. Some simple facts that might shed light on any marine business situation need to be pointed out. Wholesale flooring for dealers is gone unless you have a spectacular balance sheet and great cash flow. GE Capital is about the only game for dealers and their interest rates have sky rocketed to a point that a million on the floor is 8k a month in interest. Now with sales dropping at 30% a year it becomes clear all dealers are having to make drastic changes in their operations. M & M was a great ambassador for Centurion and really shined as a dealer and yes their customers loved them; however, life is full of changes and we must move on. I would say if you are really that concerned with what happened stop by and ask them. That's my thoughts.

Mark Qualkinbush

(ex-owner of M D Boats) :yahoo:

I never really cared for Wakeboard Mag. Just adds and I can see them on the net. But the stripper pole is becoming a great idea!!! I wonder what the laws are for running a strip club on water? New idea, maybe some money to be made after all.... Then I can buy and add and put Centurion in the Wakeboard MAg....Maybe front cover saying "Best Boat of the Decade".... just an idea....