yamahakid    1

04 dodge ram 1500 19mpg not towing 10 towing, 07 dodge 2500 20mpg not and 16mpg towing love my cummins

I've heard tail of some cummins getting insane fuel mileage.

2012 Silverado CC 4x4 w/ 33" Nitto Mud Grapplers

15 MPG Hwy and around town

8-9 MPG towing the Enzo

I've essentially got the same truck...same year, set up, etc...and my mileage is identical pulling my avalanche and I normally run at least 5 over the speed limit everywhere I go. I just ordered a new 2015 CC 4x4 with the 6.2 and max towing package...it won't be here until mid October, so I'll have to update the results next season... My surf season is over by then.

I thought I was the only one getting horrible mileage!

nailem    29

I want in and you guys will love this.

2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel.

30mpg not towing highway cruise at 75mph

23.5mpg 50/50 city highway

18mpg towing cruise at 68mpg boat on scale 6850lbs and about 250lb in the bed.

I love this truck!

I've heard tail of some cummins getting insane fuel mileage.

We are getting great mileage out of our cummins.

2011 ram 3500 35" tires

22-23 normal

18 pulling the boat

14 pulling double with our 36' fifth wheel and avalanche behind it. 18k between the two

nailem    29

I should have added its a 4x4 CC 6'4" bed with air ride suspension.

AuT5    3

And now for something completely different.

2012 Nissan Navara (Frontier in US speak) fitted with a V6 diesel. Hopefully my metric to US conversions are correct ......

28 mpg highway

18 towing (at 65 to 70 mph)

chadr    328

We are getting great mileage out of our cummins.

2011 ram 3500 35" tires

22-23 normal

18 pulling the boat

14 pulling double with our 36' fifth wheel and avalanche behind it. 18k between the two

Are you Chipped? Mine gets 22 to 23 highway if I don't go 80 mph. I only get about 12 pulling the boat but I attribute it to pulling in the hills. I am sure I would get better if I lived in the flat lands.

Love my Cummins!!!

chadr    328

And now for something completely different.

2012 Nissan Navara (Frontier in US speak) fitted with a V6 diesel. Hopefully my metric to US conversions are correct ......

28 mpg highway

18 towing (at 65 to 70 mph)

Wish they would put a diesel in some of these trucks here in America!!! I would consider one for my commuter vehicle!!! Tried to get my work to get me a new Dodge Ram 1500 diesel for my work truck but they wouldn't consider it. That is about the only option for a diesel in a small vehicle here!

Are you Chipped? Mine gets 22 to 23 highway if I don't go 80 mph. I only get about 12 pulling the boat but I attribute it to pulling in the hills. I am sure I would get better if I lived in the flat lands.

Love my Cummins!!!

Programmed and fully deleted. We are at high elevation and in the mountains as well.

• Like 1

poosie    7

2009 f150

15.5 city driving

11-12 pulling 2004 lightning

Just picked up a 2014 f-150 with the 5.0. Hoping to get at least the same mpg

Bongo Fury    640

You guys give me the "jonses" talking about your rigs. We have a really nice 07 Sequoia that just does not have the rating to tow our 233. It gets the boat from the lift to Hillside for service and to the storage shed for winter storage. I would not go any furthur than that. I just wrestle with spending the kind of money a newer rig costs when we really don't go to far ...but then again if we had a different rig we might try some other lakes.

MobEnzo    51

2013 1500 GMC Sierra, I get about 12mpg pulling 2007 Enzo 216. I average about 14-15mpg in the city and get closer to 20mpg highway. My commute is 6mi, so my city mileage might be lower than others. My brother used it for a few days recently and he said he was averaging 19mpg. His commute is 20mi.

AuT5    3

Nice unit. we don't get the Titan in Australia and full size pick ups are ruinously expensive. They need to be imported (privately) and then converted to right hand drive. My v6 is chipped and is about 250 hp and 440 ft lbs. Not big figures when compared to a full size pick up but the power to weight is pretty good. More than enough for towing a T5.

RVR-RAT    269

You guys give me the "jonses" talking about your rigs. We have a really nice 07 Sequoia that just does not have the rating to tow our 233. It gets the boat from the lift to Hillside for service and to the storage shed for winter storage. I would not go any furthur than that. I just wrestle with spending the kind of money a newer rig costs when we really don't go to far ...but then again if we had a different rig we might try some other lakes.

So how did the new tow rig search go today :spiteful:

Bongo Fury    640

So how did the new tow rig search go today :spiteful:

Too funny RVR.....can't say I have not been on line looking around at used ones. Its like they either have a ton of miles or they are super expensive....

Edited by Bongo Fury

enzo on LI    79

2009 f150

15.5 city driving

11-12 pulling 2004 lightning

Just picked up a 2014 f-150 with the 5.0. Hoping to get at least the same mpg

I have the same truck in the fx4 package and am getting about 11mpg pulling our Enzo at 70-75mph. Only 7000 miles on truck so far and hear it gets better later on. Pulls great!!!

lakerat    70

2014 F-350 Power Stroke diesel 4K miles

12.5 towing Supreme V226

15 city

18 hwy

We live in a valley completely surrounded by mountains, so it's mountain passes no matter which way you're headed.

guido8000    7

I don't see anyone else with this set up so I'll chime in. I have an 01 GMC HD2500 4X4 Crewcab with an 8.1 liter gas engine towing an SV230.

13.2 mpg +/- highway w/lots of high elevation mtn driving w/cruise at 75 mph

11 ish mpg around town

9 mpg +/- towing boat across the country w/cruise at 70 mph, about a 220 mile per tank range (short bed so it only has one fuel tank)