chadr    328

Chad - What did you end up going with? I was looking at these taskmasters and Kenda tires on etrailer.com. Looks like the reviews are positive, but then when you read the reviews they're about etrailer and nothing about the tire...

I was going to put Goodyear Marathon on, because that's what's currently on my trailer and haven't had any issues until one blew this summer. Didn't think that was bad for the 3 years and few thousand miles I've put on. Not sure how many miles were on them when I bought it... How are yours holding up Nick?

Haven't ponied up for them yet. I still need to before any long trip. Etrailer.com was where I was looking also. It is the only place I can find load range D in the size I want. Local stores don't carry anything other than load range C! Edited by chadr

MobEnzo    51

Haven't ponied up for them yet. I still need to before any long trip. Etrailer.com was where I was looking also. It is the only place I can find load range D in the size I want. Local stores don't carry anything other than load range C!

Was about to pull the trigger and noticed they're 215s. The 205s are Kenda and not on sale like the 215...

http://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Wheels/Kenda/AM10235.html

chadr    328

Haven't ponied up for them yet. I still need to before any long trip. Etrailer.com was where I was looking also. It is the only place I can find load range D in the size I want. Local stores don't carry anything other than load range C!

Was about to pull the trigger and noticed they're 215s. The 205s are Kenda and not on sale like the 215...http://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Wheels/Kenda/AM10235.html

They went up since I looked at them last. Ouch!!! I guess I will keep looking. They were about the only place I found selling that size in load range D though!

acpilot    1

I was looking at my Carlisle tires on my trailer and they look quite cracked. They are original from 2006, however, I don't trailer much each year. Curious if any Canadians have replaced their tires and what they replaced them with and where they found them.

Thanks.

chadr    328

Was about to pull the trigger and noticed they're 215s. The 205s are Kenda and not on sale like the 215...

http://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Wheels/Kenda/AM10235.html

Just ordered from this site!

http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/205/75-r-14-load-range-d-kenda-karrier-radial-trailer-tire

I will let you know when I get them. I wonder how the Kenda tires will do? Load Range D in the right size!

MobEnzo    51

http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/205/75-r-14-load-range-d-kenda-karrier-radial-trailer-tire

I will let you know when I get them. I wonder how the Kenda tires will do? Load Range D in the right size!

Nice! I went with the taskmasters on etrailer, but load range c. I was torn on the Kenda load range d, but talked myself out of it this time around. They just came in on Monday. They look like a nice tire. Haven't gotten over to a shop to have them mounted yet...

Interested to hear about the load range d.

chadr    328

Nice! I went with the taskmasters on etrailer, but load range c. I was torn on the Kenda load range d, but talked myself out of it this time around. They just came in on Monday. They look like a nice tire. Haven't gotten over to a shop to have them mounted yet...

Interested to hear about the load range d.

I will keep you informed. Hope they get here soon!

DarksideR    1,679

I was looking at my Carlisle tires on my trailer and they look quite cracked. They are original from 2006, however, I don't trailer much each year. Curious if any Canadians have replaced their tires and what they replaced them with and where they found them.

Thanks.

I'm surprised your tires haven't caused you any serious issues. Those Carlisle tires are complete garbage. I went to Kal Tire and put on Maxxis something's. It's on another thread on here somewhere.

Carter13    69

I'm surprised your tires haven't caused you any serious issues. Those Carlisle tires are complete garbage. I went to Kal Tire and put on Maxxis something's. It's on another thread on here somewhere.

Those would be Maxxis M8008's. Top notch tires and worth every penny. I have them on my bumper pull trailer.

Great choice Dark. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Tires are only really good for 7 years max.... And trailer tires probably somewhat less

WickedC4    12

my vote is on the maxxis

Just switched from the Carlisle and what a difference. went on a 300 mile camping trip with the M8000's. temp was high 90's in to the 100's with highway speeds and mountain roads with grades. I will never go back to anything else.

Troy    234

Bringing up an old thread again.

Tire time for our boat trailer. Original tires (2008 boat/trailer bought new in 2010) Trail America, 205/75-14 load C, starting to show cracking and one tire has a slight split (still holding air) in the side wall. We put roughly 700-800 miles on the trailer a year. The boat/trailer is stored in my shop year round, the only time the trailer is outside is when the boat is in the water at the lake, once every weekend from about April to October. 

Just bought Greenball Tow-Masters from Costco due to the great reviews and decent price. https://www.costco.com/Greenball-Towmaster-SS-Special-Trailer-Radial-Tire.product.100054275.html

Anyone have experience with them?

Jake707    171

funny you bring this up I was just calling around town today getting quotes. Les Schwab quoted me $95 otd per tire for some Tow master 6 ply radials. I have the same size as you too. Another local show quoted me $109 for some Goodyears, but I didn't get a model or anything.  They also told me the tires on my trailer now aren't radial, cant remember what they said they were but said radial would be a better "upgrade" of a tire type then what I'm currently running. Might go down today after work and get the towmasters too.  Little cheaper plus les schwab comes with a few extra perks like free flat repair etc

Troy    234

Costco quoted me around $395 for 5 tires installed for the Towmasters.

Jake707    171

how do you like them? Our local Costco no longer services trailers or large vehicles so I would have to order them online then have them mounted and balanced at $28 per tire so that total would come out to about 350

Jake707    171

Well Troy looks like you and me are going to test these together haha I just ordered my set from Costco. Hopefully they are good, I only trailer 40 miles or so to and from the lake but the tires I have now were done last season so Id rather not push them anymore. Les Schwab will swap them on the trailer for $28 per rim so all in Ill be $367 installed and wont have to do anything more than load the tires in the truck and drive the trailer around the corner. 

Troy    234
4 hours ago, Jake707 said:

Well Troy looks like you and me are going to test these together haha I just ordered my set from Costco. Hopefully they are good, I only trailer 40 miles or so to and from the lake but the tires I have now were done last season so Id rather not push them anymore. Les Schwab will swap them on the trailer for $28 per rim so all in Ill be $367 installed and wont have to do anything more than load the tires in the truck and drive the trailer around the corner. 

I haven't received the tires from Costco yet. Just ordered them on Monday. Should be in this week. 

daz28iroc    73

what size of tire do people run when they go with 18" or 20" rims.

I think I remember seeing a 245-45R18 at the boat launch last year.

sorry to hijack your thread

Jake707    171
30 minutes ago, Troy said:

I haven't received the tires from Costco yet. Just ordered them on Monday. Should be in this week. 

haha In that case Ill race ya.....  See who gets their tires in and mounted first.  Its a bit of a slow day at work if you cant tell

• Like 1