enzo on LI    79

It looks like I will be replacing my trailer tires before too long. I was wondering what everyone is using. The tires that are on it are trail America st radials. Size is st205/75r14. They have been a trouble free tire for the 5 years that I have had the boat (bought new).

The tread is still decent but there is some cracking or weather checking showing up in the side walls. Thanks for any help or suggestions

Bigcatpt    408

Stay the heck away from Carlisle or whatever they are called. Go with Maxxis m8008

kriskussee    9

^2x - I had 2 Carlisle blow out within 40 miles of each other last summer :thumbdown: - the saying is with Carlisle tires, "when one goes the others aren't far behind"

duramat    462

Stay the heck away from Carlisle or whatever they are called. Go with Maxxis m8008

^2x - I had 2 Carlisle blow out within 40 miles of each other last summer :thumbdown: - the saying is with Carlisle tires, "when one goes the others aren't far behind"

WORD!

I'm in need of a new set of tires and have called around a bit. The local Discount Tire store was pushing the new carlisle tires really hard. He said the older ones had a lot of problems but the new ones have "the most advanced tire technology available"....he claims they have tread material designed to reduce heat and sidewalls designed to reduce trailer sway. I'm just not sure I can buy Carlisle due to all the issues I've heard with them in the past....even if the new model is greatly improved. My boat trailer came with Transmaster tires and the tread has worn out on all of them in less than 4 years. I decided to go with the Maxxis tire and Discount Tire matched the cheapest price I could find online. Seems like there are some good reviews of the Maxxis.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

mancho    85

you know why they are pushing them dont' you? It's the biggest profit margin. Skip anyone trying to hard sell you on those. They're bottom dollar is more important than your safety.

WickedC4    12

Good looking out mancho. im following this, i will need tires by the end of summer.

tprice    118

I just put new Carlisle tires on my trailer last June and already due for new ones. I put a lot of miles on each year but not that much!

DarksideR    1,679

Happy with my Maxxis tires. The only way I would consider the Carlisles would be if they gave me a 3 year warranty against wear and blowouts or any issue actually. But still would be a real hard sell on me!

Bigcatpt    408

I think I am on my 3rd year with my Maxxix tires. They still look like new.

duramat    462

Happy with my Maxxis tires. The only way I would consider the Carlisles would be if they gave me a 3 year warranty against wear and blowouts or any issue actually. But still would be a real hard sell on me!

That warranty would of meant nothing to me on year 2 the day after my vasectomy on the side of the freeway with a blown tire and two blown nuts thinking "aint this a kick in the balls".

Say no Carlisle..trust me...they ain't worth Bustin your b's over (literally)

• Like 1

mancho    85

That warranty would of meant nothing to me on year 2 the day after my vasectomy on the side of the freeway with a blown tire and two blown nuts thinking "aint this a kick in the balls".

Say no Carlisle..trust me...they ain't worth Bustin your b's over (literally)

LMAO!!!! NICELY PUT! WTF are you out dinking with the boat in THAT CONDITION!???

duramat    462

I was thinking either I could sit in my recliner and lick my ............ And play Xbox or do something productive like sit in the drivers seat and drive 100 miles to the dealer to get my broken tower mount fixed (completely busted weld). Needless to say the truck was under load and there wasn't an expansion joint, crack, pothole that I wasn't crying too. I couldn't spread my legs far enough apart for comfort. I made it halfway before I looked back and saw cars peeling off disappearing into the smoke and dust behind the boat. I assured the wife I wasn't going to unhitch the boat and let the dealer do all the work cause I was hobbling around. Anyways...changed the tire crying and finished driving te remaining 60 miles going 50mph whimpering te whole time. Dropped the boat off, stopped off at Maverick (gas station around the corner, bought the largest dang cup of ice and plastic bag and iced the twins all the way back home.....which was where I should have stayed in the first place.

Hijack over

• Like 1

Bigcatpt    408

I was thinking either I could sit in my recliner and lick my ............ And play Xbox or do something productive like sit in the drivers seat and drive 100 miles to the dealer to get my broken tower mount fixed (completely busted weld). Needless to say the truck was under load and there wasn't an expansion joint, crack, pothole that I wasn't crying too. I couldn't spread my legs far enough apart for comfort. I made it halfway before I looked back and saw cars peeling off disappearing into the smoke and dust behind the boat. I assured the wife I wasn't going to unhitch the boat and let the dealer do all the work cause I was hobbling around. Anyways...changed the tire crying and finished driving te remaining 60 miles going 50mph whimpering te whole time. Dropped the boat off, stopped off at Maverick (gas station around the corner, bought the largest dang cup of ice and plastic bag and iced the twins all the way back home.....which was where I should have stayed in the first place.

Hijack over

Every time I hear this story I laugh so hard that I cry. Its like a bad train wreck. You don't want to watch it happen but you just can't look away!

mancho    85

No body wonders why the month of march is the most popular time for that surgery. I guess if you don't like basketball it's not fun.

Dang Dura, I'm gonna have to notch you up a couple on the tough guy scale.

What was this thread topic again? LoL

Edited by mancho
  • Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Hijack over

An all time classic! Great Post Dura....one of your best ever!

Bongo Fury    640

Hijack over

An all time classic! Great Post Dura....one of your best ever!

Bongo Fury    640

Sorry...double post.....slow connection tonight....double clicked

RVR-RAT    269

LMAO!!! Good post D

enzo on LI    79

Hilarious... Thanks for the comedy dura. Gonna check into the maxis tires. Thanks for the recommendations guys