jester

October 2015 pics and vids thread

DrNate    426

That RI237 looks like the real deal Lake. Thanks for sharing!

Lak3surf3r    714

Is that silver glitter on the bottom? Bling! Bling!

Yep, its my first metal flake on any of my boats lol

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 1

viking    491

^^ Gotta do it! Love the silver ^^

......almost went with some orange on mine but with Supreme just didn't have as many options as Centurion for schemes.

Look forward to the comprehensive review when you get it and have some time to dial it in!

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

We had our last comp of the year last weekend and was at one of my local lakes. It was a local Arizona INT League comp and was a great time! Water was 75 degrees and it was 90 air temp with the course right in front of the RV campground with food and drinks everywhere! My kid and our friend Trishia both moved up to semi-pro for their 1st time and did great! The kid took 1st in skim and had her best run ever, and took 2nd in surf by a half of a point loss to Trishia in 1st. My buddy and I (both of us are 36) managed to pull off 2nd and 3rd place finishes where the other 5 guys were only 15 years old and are killing it! The kid that got 1st place this was his 1st comp ever and 15 years old as well! I dont know how I missed getting pics of her skim run but there is a sweet sequence of her doing a huge ally oop in to a big mute grab.

post-5679-0-41788500-1445974024_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-84916400-1445974028_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-67094000-1445974033_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-47517300-1445974094_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-44885000-1445974099_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-01536200-1445974107_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-85549700-1445974110_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-22348000-1445974124_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-67619800-1445974172_thumb.jpg

post-5679-0-67861000-1445974198_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 5

DarksideR    1,679

Congrats again! Great pics! VIDEO!!!! LOL

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Congrats again! Great pics! VIDEO!!!! LOL

haha thanks Steve, Sleigh has the only video from the entire weekend now since my memory card got formatted :/

Edited by Lak3surf3r

dejoeco    59

I took the red RI237 from world out this weekend for a few hours but my memory card in my gopro got formatted by accident so I wont have video until Sleigh edits all his video from this past weekend. The boat was awesome and the H6 and new gear ratio was amazing. I ran it with quicksurf set to 80 cats -10 goofy 10 regular bow empty both rear pnps full surf side ram full and counter ram at 90% center tab between 10 and 30 to adjust from surf to skim and ran at 11.6-11.8. It was super long with tons of push and was the same size wake (but longer) that my FS44 throws listed without having to list this thing (which I didnt get a chance to try but I dont see the need). the wake shape reminded more of the SV shape but bigger and longer than both the FS and SV series hulls. The boat is huge, very deep hull, and as much depth to the interior seartting as a supreme. NO MORE CARPET FINALLY, its all seadeck in all storage compartments! The software was awesome and the side by side screens are great with all the user controls easily accessible using the hard buttons and touchscreens along with a finger cursor on the screen when you touch and slide it. There is a ton of storage under the observers seat that you could fit 5 boards in easily and almost as much as a g23 in the rear lockers when the 750 Pnp bags arent full (still has room on top when they are full), plus the storage locker behind the drivers seat and about 8" deep of storage under the seats. Also the sub sounds wayyyyy better than what are in the 2015 and 2016 SV/FS models because the box in it is bigger. The speaker locations help out alot spreading the sound out too. The helm is sooo much more comfortable and the fit and finish has definitely stepped up a lot!

Heres the few shots of it that I took on my phone until I get video from Josh.

I am curious about the wave. Some pics show it super clean, especially on the goofy side, and other not so much. What was it like in person?

h20king    794

Yep, its my first metal flake on any of my boats lol

you will never go back.flake is so much easier to keep clean than standard gell and does not show water spots.
  • Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

I am curious about the wave. Some pics show it super clean, especially on the goofy side, and other not so much. What was it like in person?

Its super clean Dennis, and I didnt see a need to list it but i will try it anyway. There were 20mph wind gusts that day and a lot of boat traffic along with some poorly timed pictures. I will hopefully have video soon from my buddy and I should have mine within the next 2 weeks for further testing.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

short vid of my kid last weekend working on her ally oops and shes super close to landing her air reverses now but im having a hard time finding videos of it... super fail with the gopro last weekend!
https://youtu.be/RTJXiOdaHBA

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Saw this posted! Makes me want to go to Lake Powell!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdOVvG5Gp4

Thats some sweet footage!

The next crew weekend should be there, and NOT the same weekend as Worlds! lol

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Thats some sweet footage!

The next crew weekend should be there, and NOT the same weekend as Worlds! lol

That's what I've been saying. Would take some serious planning to have the meet there. People would have to commit long in advance and pay upfront. I want to see Powell so badly

• Like 3

Lak3surf3r    714

That's what I've been saying. Would take some serious planning to have the meet there. People would have to commit long in advance and pay upfront. I want to see Powell so badly

I would obviously be there and could bring my RI237 and my buddy and his wife with his s226 for sure and im sure my dealer would bring some boats too since its only 4 hours from us.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

I would obviously be there and could bring my RI237 and my buddy and his wife with his s226 for sure and im sure my dealer would bring some boats too since its only 4 hours from us.

That's awesome! So what we really need is someone who's willing to take the bull by the horns and organize this. Someone who's familiar with booking houseboats at Powell. And... a date. Whomever is takin on the responsibility should decide the dates. Not a vote. If you can't make it, you can't make it. So the sooner, the better. Who's got the balls?
  • Like 3

stoked    1,039
post-4405-1446429470145_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

SurferAdam    168

That's awesome! So what we really need is someone who's willing to take the bull by the horns and organize this. Someone who's familiar with booking houseboats at Powell. And... a date. Whomever is takin on the responsibility should decide the dates. Not a vote. If you can't make it, you can't make it. So the sooner, the better. Who's got the balls?

I'm in too, as long as it's not in the last 3 weeks of April as I will be in Parker / Havasu

surf moocher    127

I'm in too, as long as it's not in the last 3 weeks of April as I will be in Parker / Havasu

I bet we could pull it off, maybe second week of October? Most "timeshares" on Lake Powell houseboats are wide open to use in October during the "off season". If we could get maybe 4 houseboats out of Page, Wahweap or Antelope, we could get 50-70 people, maybe more depending how intimate we want things :) We had 25 on our houseboat a few weeks ago :shock:

We've been there during October the last 4 years, water is usually 75, air is 75-80. Fishing is phenomenal. Occasionally get a day of rain but not much.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

I bet we could pull it off, maybe second week of October? Most "timeshares" on Lake Powell houseboats are wide open to use in October during the "off season". If we could get maybe 4 houseboats out of Page, Wahweap or Antelope, we could get 50-70 people, maybe more depending how intimate we want things :) We had 25 on our houseboat a few weeks ago :shock:

We've been there during October the last 4 years, water is usually 75, air is 75-80. Fishing is phenomenal. Occasionally get a day of rain but not much.

Wow! I don't think there's ever been that many people at the Texas Crew meets, but maybe more people would show up to this one because of the location.