ReSession

List of "must have" items for new boaters

ReSession    165

I have a buddy that ordered a 2015 Supreme S226 and took him out surfing last weekend and decided to make up a list of "must have" items for his new boat! Figured I'd share that list with the crew and also see if there's anything I'm missing that you guys would suggest?

ULTIMATE BOATER PREP LIST

h20king    794

you also need a couple thuggies IE changing towels for wetsuit season. Also a couple spare ballast impellers and one for the boat.

h20king    794

Also it does not hurt to keep a couple extra swim platform pins on hand. Ask me how I know LOL and a shore spike is nice to have on board as well

Edited by h20king

viking    491

A package of wipes are always handy.

A skier down flag is a must in our state.

Spare drain plug.

Anchor buddy

Aerospace 303

spare prop and prop puller

Can/bottle Coozies

• Like 1

Skibumm    184

I would never get that list of items in my boat. I might have 1/3 - 1/2 of that.

Bongo Fury    640

A spare boat in case primary has to go to the shop....

Seriously...that is an exhaustive list!!!

Edited by Bongo Fury

boatnut    230

Wish I had the room, but suds and food take some precedence!!!

DarksideR    1,679

#1 on everyone's list should be a roll of TP.... depending on your lake situation, we always seem to be very far away from any toilet when someone has had an emergency "gotta go" moment. LOL.

I always kept spare fuses on my last boat which came in handy many times.

And don't forget the GoPro!

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Good thing with the new boats is all breakers or resets :)

• Like 2

ReSession    165

Ha, this is a short list! I left off all the fun items ;) I have every one of these items on my boat stored in bins under the main hatch with plenty of room to store the cover, another cooler, more beer and all these huge a** bags that people bring with them!

Forgot to add the fire extinguisher.

• Like 1

Skibumm    184

Forgot to add the fire extinguisher.

Yea mine is buried in box way up front. If my boat catches on fire I am going to pull the plug before I exit into the water.

• Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

#1 on everyone's list should be a roll of TP.... depending on your lake situation, we always seem to be very far away from any toilet when someone has had an emergency "gotta go" moment. LOL.

My 15 year old calls it an "Aqua Duce".......to date I'm not sure if its ever really happened.

• Like 2

bhanson    12

We are minimalists but most things on your list are on our boat, though no jumper pack (we have 2 batteries), dive gear, oil, or speaker sox. Couple other things you might consider: 12V lantern (just in case you are cruising back from Moki to Bullfrog a bit after dark), and Sta-Bil (in case marina has high-ethanol gas, or bad gas).

volzalum    280

On my 2007 I had everything listed. On the 2015, since space is a much larger premium, I am slowly getting organized with less stuff.

Skibumm    184

INo paddles but I have skis and boards which do just fine.

No air horn or flares

No extra life jackets-people bring their own so no extras.

No scrubbing things what so ever just boat chmioux and beach towels

On house boat keep cleaning products. Day trips I wipe it down and head out

No flippers just googles

No Spare Key-been covered in another thread they are useless and unneeded

Multi tool and Kobalt extreme socket set

No paper towel

No rainex

Box anchor(small PVC size) and Sand spike 75ft 3/8 inch anchor line. One 50 ft and another 25ft

Bungie from pylon to dock with

Small First aid

Fire Extinguisher (not easily reached) I know it should be mounted closer

Balling bucket is top of battery boxes

Spare prop and prop puller and key way..

Edited by Skibumm
  • Like 1

jester    111

This is a good list. I would say most of the stuff can be keep in the truck to save room. Who is going to change a prop well the boat is in the water? Could be just me but I have a problem dropping things. Nothing would be worse then dropping the old prop to the bottom of the lake then dropping the new prop also. On the plus side I would be able to dive and find two props in the same area. I also keep all my cleaning products in the truck. For some reason I get yelled out that I am not relaxing well we are tied up if I am cleaning the boat.

I would also say replace the sunscreen out every year. Nothing worse then using three year old sunscreen and ending up to so red everyone uses you instead of the camp fire.

Add in a tube rope that can also act as a tow rope. A good boater offers someone a tow when they are just having a bad day.

chadr    328

Add in a tube rope that can also act as a tow rope. A good boater offers someone a tow when they are just having a bad day.

I did this just the other day!!! MasterRaft had died and was floating away! The kid in the boat couldn't get it started. I hooked up and towed him back into the dock where the owner figured out what had happened!!!

LMAO!!! Wife wanted to take pics but couldn't find a good opportunity without letting him see!!!

viking    491

That's a good point Jester. I didn't mention that but alot of the items can go in the tow rig but take along for the trip to be safe.

Did I mention BEER?