Bigcatpt    408

I was complaining to Big after our trip to sand hollow on my milage with the motorhome (7 MPG). "That's awesome! That's what I got!, and your a house on wheels!" He replied. 7ugy5atu.jpg I personalized the plates on the MH. 10-11 towing (Duramax 02) 12-14 normal 9-10 towing (3/4 burb 6.0 04) 12 9-10 Motorhome 29' v10 (just sold) 6-7 towing Commuter: 01 chev cavalier 30 If I drive like grandpa Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the greatest custom plates ever!!! I thought you did pretty good with your house on wheels to get 7 mph when I was getting 8 mpg with my F150. Granted you probably averaged 60 mph on the trip and I averaged 70. But your motorhome is a lot more comfortable than my 6 man tent! that was a fun trip! We need to do that again!

surf moocher    127

One of the greatest custom plates ever!!! I thought you did pretty good with your house on wheels to get 7 mph when I was getting 8 mpg with my F150. Granted you probably averaged 60 mph on the trip and I averaged 70. But your motorhome is a lot more comfortable than my 6 man tent! that was a fun trip! We need to do that again!

Now that's just mean BigCat!

Despite his improved MPG, poor Dura is already having a severe case of MHDA!

- MotorHome Detachment Anxiety!

That was a great trip down to Sand Hollow! We should do it again in May, maybe catch ChadR down there?

jiriki    13

I just cleaned and refilled the oil bath bearings. The old oil was very dark and hardly any in there. All bearings were inspected and still felt very smooth. I was half hoping an additional 1 or 2 mpg given the condition of the oil.

My 2007 Nissan Armada currently has 155k miles. Probably age of the engine is a factor.

All the data points posted were very helpful!

shawndoggy    49

Our QX56 would do 7-8 towing I-80 over Donner Pass. Couldn't make the 200 mile round trip on a single tank, ever.

jiriki    13

Our QX56 would do 7-8 towing I-80 over Donner Pass. Couldn't make the 200 mile round trip on a single tank, ever.

Good to know! Identical engine to mine.

duramat    462

Someone was on empty....I took this pic this morning. Glad I wasn't footing the bill.

ujygu6ap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy    234

OUCH!!!!

jiriki    13

Assuming the gas weighs 6.15lbs per gallon, this person added 707.25 pounds of ... ballast.

Or 64 cents per pound.

Edited by jiriki

tprice    118

2005 H-2 gets 11 around town and 7 when towing

Skibumm    184

Wow this thread make me glad I have a small centurion because I thought I got horrible mileage. 07 FJ cruiser V-6 lifted with 33s. I get 16 MPG up until about 75 MPH then it drops off to about 13. Towing the boat I get around 12 but never go over 70 as it drops to single digits. With an 19 gallon tank you don't pass any gas stations. My Centurion only holds 18 gallons also so not a bunch of fuel when towing either.

surf moocher    127

Someone was on empty....I took this pic this morning. Glad I wasn't footing the bill. ujygu6ap.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I've topped this with the 60 gallon Motorhome tank, 47 boat tank, and 7 five gallon tanks going to Lake Powell.

Typically, I just think of Tex Cobb and Chevy in the the classic Fletch,

"Take your pants off"
"I don't even know your name."

"Bend over."

"Ben? Nice to meet you,Victor Hugo."
:laughing:
  • Like 1

2013 Ford F150 FX4 w/ heavy tow package I get 13 MPG towing 17 in town, 20-24 Highway. Although this is all flat ground, and I am pretty good about speed limits never over 65 towing.

RhuntIII    555

Assuming the gas weighs 6.15lbs per gallon, this person added 707.25 pounds of ... ballast.

Or 64 cents per pound.

I like the way this guy thinks. If I haven't yet, welcome to the train wreck.

Troy    234

2013 Ford F150 FX4 w/ heavy tow package I get 13 MPG towing 17 in town, 20-24 Highway. Although this is all flat ground, and I am pretty good about speed limits never over 65 towing.

Which engine?

2012 Silverado CC 4x4 w/ 33" Nitto Mud Grapplers

15 MPG Hwy and around town

8-9 MPG towing the Enzo

poosie    7

Curious about the F150 V6 ecoboost. Dealers say they are the best thing going but vehicle broker that gets my fleet vans says ford has had more lemon law returns then any other vehicle they have sold. I'm a V8 guy for sure when it comes to pulling the boat.

2009 F150. 15-16 city. 10-11 pulling 2004 lightning

enzo on LI    79

I have a buddy with a 2013 f 150 w ecoboost...he swears by it. He doesn't have a boat but rather is towing a 30ft camper weighing in at 7000#s I think. He says he's getting like 9-10mpg at 65-70mph.

Not towing he gets 18-20 in trips and 12-14 in town. Plenty of power.

From what I see, the new 5.0 and ecoboost are very close...take your pick based on preference really. V8 all the way for this guy

Joe B    17

I wanted the 5.0 vs the ecoboost but none on the lot that i wanted with longer bed. Drove both and both pulled the same. people get those high mpg numbers keeping it near its 55mph sweetspot. 75+ fugitaboutit.

2001 duramax.

10 mpg 65.

Maybe 8 at 75.

jiriki    13

I wanted the 5.0 vs the ecoboost but none on the lot that i wanted with longer bed. Drove both and both pulled the same. people get those high mpg numbers keeping it near its 55mph sweetspot. 75+ fugitaboutit.

Just noticed you were in Ohio. Send me a PM on where you take your boat.