Tommywalton1974

What are the woman surfing?

Shaka    146

Let's see if we are getting into skateboards I had a Vision Shredder, Zorlac, and a Steve Steadham.

My next door neighbor was one of the best skaters in Utah back when I was just a little tyke. This was the time when skateboarding gained it's initial popularity. I started off around the age of six as a skater and could ride the ramps and actually do stuff in Utah's only skatepark Rocky Mountain Surf. By the time I was eight skateboarding was dying and BMX was taking over. That's when I made the switch over to BMX. It's funny that when I was a teen BMX freestyle became popular and skateboarding started coming back. I was one of the racers that dabbled in freestyle so I built an eight foot quarter pipe. Everyone wanted to ride it including the skaters. This was the point where I started buying skateboards again.

Some of you may find this interesting. I ended up buying another Redline RL-20 Prostyler that was a freestyle bike. The thing was crazy expensive. It got ripped off out of my parents garage one week before I left on my LDS mission. We claimed it on the homeowners insurance when I returned and the the claim was worth well over $1000. That was one pricey BMX bike.

Shaka    146

Hands down order the Inland Surfer Caro!

My wife has ridden the IS Pink for the past couple yearsI Ordered in a Caro for a friend end of last summer & she fell in Love, I have one coming in for her this year. Plus we ordered one for her sister! The fact that you can run a single fin for skim, put a larger single fin in for a bit more traction or put the two larger fins in for a surf style. I can ride the board fine at 180lbs. Yet my friend she is barely 100lbs. My wife at 115, and the board is fast and so variable.

She will LOVE it!!

The Caro wasn't available to demo but I'd like to try one out. Maybe they will have one to demo this season. I sort of have an affinity for IS stuff having owned a few of their boards. I think this year's boat board might be a Tako.

surf moocher    127

This is so off topic but WTH.... I rocked a Powell and Peralta Lance Mountain skate board and rode a Schwinn beach cruiser with white wall tires. No BMX bike for me. But I could give 2 friends rides at the same time. One on the handlebars and one on the pegs I had on the back. It was like a serious transportation device. LOL

Same! Schwinn cruiser down in Orange County, it was kind of like the minivan of bikes, you could give a ride to 2 white guys, or 7 china men :p

LKASurfing    53

The Caro wasn't available to demo but I'd like to try one out. Maybe they will have one to demo this season. I sort of have an affinity for IS stuff having owned a few of their boards. I think this year's boat board might be a Tako.

Where are you located? I would ask the dealer to order one as a demo..I believe that your girl will love it!!! It is just so versatile!

If you are in VA anytime I can hook you up.

Shaka    146

Where are you located? I would ask the dealer to order one as a demo..I believe that your girl will love it!!! It is just so versatile!

If you are in VA anytime I can hook you up.

Girls! I have a harem. Well, at least that's what they call themselves. Duramat has seen pictures.

I'd wager they will have one this year. They seem to keep a nice selection of IS boards around for people to try out.

I may be heading to DC this summer if that's close enough. Actually I'll be around the Vienna area most likely.

BenHolloway    29

I'm selling my Soulcafts and getting a Hyperlite COEX!

Shaka    146

You can't! Missed the boat! Keep your Soulcrafts.

My point was that I tested several boards and the CoEx was the unanimous fav. That's not to say that other manufacturers do not make awesome boards. My personal board is an Inland Surfer.

BenHolloway    29

Dang! I hear you I have a friend who performs amazingly well on a 54" OB alias....

wakemitch    15

I still think the Caro is too big for a lot of girls. The Caro is about 51" which is generally the size for riders around 150-180 lbs

Phase 5 and Victoria make boards 48" and smaller which lighter riders will find much more comfortable.

My girlfriend feels way more comfortable on her 48" factor over my 50". It sits a little deeper and doesnt take a lot of effort to slow down.

Also, the Caro is the same board as the Ooze, and same shape as the Sean Cummings Pro, Moss, and old Keenan Pro. They just slapped a girls graphic on it and call it a girls board. Its's still a really good board, but they should have resized it so that it actually works better for lighter smaller riders. Same for the Ooze. They say its a kids board, but it's huge for kids.

Edited by wakemitch

LKASurfing    53

Girls! I have a harem. Well, at least that's what they call themselves. Duramat has seen pictures.

I'd wager they will have one this year. They seem to keep a nice selection of IS boards around for people to try out.

I may be heading to DC this summer if that's close enough. Actually I'll be around the Vienna area most likely.

The lake is about 1.5 hrs from Vienna! Not to far at all!

I still think the Caro is too big for a lot of girls. The Caro is about 51" which is generally the size for riders around 150-180 lbs

Phase 5 and Victoria make boards 48" and smaller which lighter riders will find much more comfortable.

My girlfriend feels way more comfortable on her 48" factor over my 50". It sits a little deeper and doesnt take a lot of effort to slow down.

Also, the Caro is the same board as the Ooze, and same shape as the Sean Cummings Pro, Moss, and old Keenan Pro. They just slapped a girls graphic on it and call it a girls board. Its's still a really good board, but they should have resized it so that it actually works better for lighter smaller riders. Same for the Ooze. They say its a kids board, but it's huge for kids.

Although the board is the same shape, it is lighter and different construction than the Ooze. The big advantage I feel is it's versatility, being able to configure fins to taylor to the the riders progression is something I find very helpful. Plus then it is the smallest "Surf Style" (not really I know) but close enough. the other manufactures are strictly a skim board.

I do agree that a smaller board from Inland would be great, especially a tri fin set up!

RVR-RAT    269

Dishonorable discharge from the army !

BenHolloway    29

dishonorable-discharge_design.png

rawinnin    73

Throw him in the brig! Now he is disgraced Private Ben! No surfing for an entire summer!

surf moocher    127

Throw him in the brig! Now he is disgraced Private Ben! No surfing for an entire summer!

Raw, what's that pink board your wife was riding at the CC meet?

DrNate    426

Ben, that made me laugh HARD!!!!

LOL

Thanks for sharing the dishonorable discharge pic, you had me cracking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wakemitch    15

The lake is about 1.5 hrs from Vienna! Not to far at all!

Although the board is the same shape, it is lighter and different construction than the Ooze. The big advantage I feel is it's versatility, being able to configure fins to taylor to the the riders progression is something I find very helpful. Plus then it is the smallest "Surf Style" (not really I know) but close enough. the other manufactures are strictly a skim board.

I do agree that a smaller board from Inland would be great, especially a tri fin set up!

Shred Stixx sells the Skywalker which is a true surf style board that is 4'4". It was really popular last year. Liquid Force also sells the Chase Sixer as a 4'4" this year.

And of course any of the custom companies will make a smaller board. Ive seen girls rip on properly sized Soulcrafts, Walker Projects, and Mendonesias.

Bongo Fury    640

Shred Stixx sells the Skywalker which is a true surf style board that is 4'4". It was really popular last year.

Mitch put one of my boys into a Skywalker about a year ago and he loves it……riding has really improved!

dejoeco    59

Why is this a suggestion?

There are several wakeboard companies that make decent boards. Building these things is not rocket science. I've owned boards from a couple of these companies and demoed several others specifically to find a board for women and guess what most of the women preferred: a Hyperlite CoEx. The CoEx isn't even made any more. The second favorite board was a Hyperlite Shim which was recommended to me by three separate pro shops that compete with each other. I'm buying the Shim because I simply can't find a CoEx to purchase for a decent price. People are holding onto them.

While I'm glad surf-specific companies exist they don't have a corner on the market by any means. Good offerings can be found by Hyperlite, Ronix, Connelly, etc...

In general, surf specific companies will make a lighter, quicker and more resonsive board. I am not trying to promote any one in particular. There are always exceptions this. A really talented rider can ride anything and do tricks on it, but someone learning and progressing through the sport often needs any advantage they can. This is from my experiences riding and teaching a lot of people to ride.

just my $.02

WakeDoc    471

For anyone interested we have a 2013 Inland Surfer 4-Skim Keenan Pro Model in the Classifieds HERE.