Tommywalton1974

What are the woman surfing?

I need a little advice from the girls. Girlfriend wants a surfboard. Here's what I know, she's 5'5" 120lbs and can ride a ronix koal without the rope. No tricks yet just learning. I feel like with her own board she could do much better. Suggestions?

h20king    794

My wife rides a Soulcraft 4'4" soul skimmer with a small center fin and a set of twinzers and loves it. There are lots of good board options now for the ladies. For custom look at soulcraft , Mendonesia or Chaos boards. For off the shelf look at Victoria, phase five or inland surfer

post-777-0-04167200-1393019549_thumb.jpg

surf moocher    127

How big is the Ronix board?

I'm in the same boat, not sure what to get my wife (125 lbs) who is getting pretty good on her modified Hyperlite skurfer to wakesurf board.

I want to get her a narrower surf style board that is for women maybe up to 160 lbs. I actually bought a 4'7" Ronix Parks Thruster at the boat show. I think it may be big for her but my teenagers will use the board if she doesn't like it.

post-826-0-80460000-1393019406_thumb.jpgpost-826-0-70401200-1393019417_thumb.jpgpost-826-0-58412100-1393019479_thumb.jpg

surf moocher    127

How big is the Ronix board?

I'm in the same boat, not sure what to get my wife (125 lbs) who is getting pretty good on her modified Hyperlite skurfer to wakesurf board.

I want to get her a narrower surf style board that is for women maybe up to 160 lbs. I actually bought a 4'7" Ronix Parks Thruster at the boat show. I think it may be big for her but my teenagers will use the board if she doesn't like it.

post-826-0-80460000-1393019406_thumb.jpgpost-826-0-70401200-1393019417_thumb.jpgpost-826-0-58412100-1393019479_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

go to wake nine. com and read the ladies board reviews from the polar bear events. It should give you some great info so you can pick the right board

DrNate    426

I have thought of buying my wife the Ashley Kidd Pro model Triple X board but have never heard reviews from people who have actually ridden it.

And then I went to their website just now and I see that they no longer make them! I guess Ashley is riding for someone else now?!?!

Thanks guys. Moocher that ronix koal is big big way too big for a small woman IMO. It's so bouyant she can hardly get up on it. Once up its so big I bet she could hang ten on it! Ha

Shaka    146

Most of my female friends prefer the Hyperlite Coex. Unfortunately they are no longer made.

h20king    794

Nate take a look at the soulskimmer .If you get one just ask Them to add the extra twinzer fin boxes so she has options. My wife has not ben on her fang tail but two or three times after she got her soul skimmer. Still has me pack it everywhere though LOL

My wife rides our kids P5 Icon and can get up and go ropeless no problem. She is small though 5'4" and 115 lbs. At the point she decides she wants her own board if ever I will be looking at the P5 Razz I think.

Troy. R    198

wetsu,

The Razz is too big for your wife. That icon is probably just about right...

My wife loves the Victoria Agent...

grandpa    11

Ashley Kidd rides a Mendonesia now. My wife Is 5'3" and about 130 and rides a 4'8" Triple X Slasher. I don't think they make that model any more.

Audionly101    39

I bought my wife a Ashley Kidd Triple X board for Christmas 13'. She was not able to give the board a true review as she was riding it pregnant for the beginning of summer and then not being able to ride anymore. She normally rode my Shred Stixx Hazen Custom and it seemed like she really had to be heavy on her front foot to keep any speed on the Ashley Kidd Triple X board. I know part of this is because she was at the top of the weight rating but we will see how she does with it now that she is back to her normal non-baby weight. I have rode her board to see what it was like but I even had a hard time keeping any speed myself.

My wife rides a byerly hazard and seems to love it. She's 5'6" and 115lbs. I also have a shredstixx custom hazen and my wife hates it, says it's too thick.

h20king    794

My wife had a shred stixx Rebeca Ort and said it rode like a door. We sold it and got her the soul skimmer

DrNate    426

That's good info about the SoulSkimmer H!

And thanks for the partial review of the Ashley Kidd board Audio.

I wonder how the Mendonesia Ashley Kidd is?!?!

BenHolloway    29

My wife rides a soulcraft jetty, setup is a little different than mine I bought it out of the back of Jeff's car, might call it a "Bro Deal" or "Chick Deal" It has a little less concave than my jetty and the rails don't seem to be as sharp. The board is pretty forgiving, down right cool looking and I don't even mind riding it purple traction and all on a big enough wave...

1095012_10200472740090033_1572583592_n.j

BenHolloway    29

That's good info about the SoulSkimmer H!

And thanks for the partial review of the Ashley Kidd board Audio.

I wonder how the Mendonesia Ashley Kidd is?!?!

Nate I have not seen any of the newer generation boards, Why don't you hit up Ashley and tell here to drop one by for a test when she heads back to Corpus?

surf moocher    127

That Mendonesia Siren - Ashly Kid Pro Model looks sweet = 4'6" and only 19 inches wide. Anyone seen this board in action?