stoked    1,039

So they are trying to "BOIL" the water to get it to not evaporate? Sounds like a smart plan!

Sorry!!! Being a smart a$$!!

Completely the opposite! The black will keep the water at a cooler temperature while also blocking evaporation.

Until this backfires, I think this is pretty ingenious. Once it backfires, it was the dumbest thing I ever heard of... And I do wonder how they're going to collect all these guys when they're done, and are they just going to throw them out?

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

All I know is I will be taking my boat off the lift in a few weeks.......I normally do that around Thanksgiving.

chenige    84

Wonder what the balls will look like behind the surf boat? Will the balls knock the board around? :sorcerer:

• Like 1

rockballer    162

Also said to keep the animals out. So Cali is no longer providing the wild life animals water... LOL

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

Pray !!!! According to the weather report we are going to have the largest goddizlla El Niño ever seen. Then we'll be worried about flooding

• Like 1

chadr    328

Pray !!!! According to the weather report we are going to have the largest goddizlla El Niño ever seen. Then we'll be worried about flooding

Prayn' for that here also! Keep it coming east!

rockballer    162

Snow in the mountains :) Hope for allot more for you guys. Our local mountains up in Vancouver are looking good too.

DarksideR    1,679

Don't forget, last year started out kinda like this too. Hope it keeps snowing this year!

Bongo Fury    640

No kidding Dark....we had a super wet December last year and we thought it was going to be great......then almost nothing the rest of the season.

Troy. R    198

Sorry for the late response to the "black ball" article. I've been away for quite awhile. I've got an idea... Build another damn and make another reservoir!

This is something Schwarzenegger proposed back in '07.

• Like 1

enzo101mo    98

Yes California needs more Dams built and it would also help the wildlife. and would keep streams running all year long

Troy. R    198

Ha! I just realized I typed "damn" not "dam". Sorry. It was early...

Troy. R    198

While we do have a water shortage, probably more importantly we have a water storage problem. A few years back all of our reservoirs were full and they were releasing water just because we couldn't hold it. From what I understand there are plans to raise Lake Shasta 20' or so. That would certainly help...

jmcclain01    1

How are the lake levels looking out there now? It seems you guys have been getting all the storms that have our Texas lakes flooded again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bongo Fury    640

Most of the heavy rain has been up North....SF Bay Area has had some rain but not enough to make much of a difference yet.....

Nick213    583

This next week is looking like we will be getting a little west coast gift from Mother Nature though :)

My fingers are crossed for the next few months.

Edited by Nick213

Bongo Fury    640

This next week is looking like we will be getting a little west coast gift from Mother Nature though :)

My fingers are crossed for the next few months.

Me too Brother!!!!

h20king    794

It has rained for 18 days straight up here with no breaks in the forecast. We are breaking record's for December so far we have had 12 + inches of rain for the month.

Bongo Fury    640

Send it down our way H.....lake is starting to slowly move up!!

Edited by Bongo Fury