dezul

Things you dislike about Centurions....

tank222    2

Nope no trim tab at all. When I run the switch blade it makes it worse to.

seymourbt    0

We have the manual one and put it as far down as possible but it hasn't stopped it.. made the ski wake a little better but I can definitely see an auto trim tab in our future

hummm I cant think of any complaints on my new enzo but I've only put 120 hours on it this year :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hendo    11

2008 Avy

Want to start off with how much I love the boat. I have yet to ever be on the perfect boat, so these are just a few things I wish were different.

1. The back corner seats flip up if you stand in the corner. Every newbie falls right through the damn seat.

2. I wish the sides of the boat sat higher out of the water (including the rear vents).

3. Position of cigarette lighter, and lack of extras.

4. The fact that the bow is so big, robbing space from the back (looks like they got it figured out on the 233 & 244).

I'm surprised to hear so much negative about the built in cooler. My friend's boats have them under the seats, so you have to get under there over and over again. It's not huge, but great for brief outings IMO.

superdtf    68

I'm surprised to hear so much negative about the built in cooler. My friend's boats have them under the seats, so you have to get under there over and over again. It's not huge, but great for brief outings IMO.

We really, really like the cooler in our Enzo. I did have to re-screw the hinges. We've had no trouble with the glove box either.

duramat    462

We really, really like the cooler in our Enzo. I did have to re-screw the hinges. We've had no trouble with the glove box either.

Your glovebox is a better quality. The one they used on mine....CHEAP. You would think that a boat manufacturer would be smart enough to go with a better more durable piece that EVERYONE uses.

duramat    462

hummm I cant think of any complaints on my new enzo but I've only put 120 hours on it this year :thumbsup:

120? :unworthy::thumbsup:

SKEliteV    0

Only thing I don't like so far is that the boat is in the shop this weekend getting the steering fixed.

dezul    10

Only thing I don't like so far is that the boat is in the shop this weekend getting the steering fixed.

What is wrong with the steering? That cable is too easy to replace for you to miss a weekend of fun in the sun.

nwrider    0

i forgot to mention, on the the 2011 enzo the went from two ballast pumps for 4 tanks to 1 pump for 3 tanks. I thought the idea would be to drain and fill as quick as possible. I love the quick fill tanks. I love that each ballast bags have their own drain pumps. I replaced the stock bags 250 lbs maybe, to a 700lb under seat with no problems. Most who buy a surf boat want to fill alot and drain quick. Pretty easy $150 pump for a 80-100 grand boat!

nwrider    0

i also forgot that when our snap on cover is on and it rains during the night, the glove box fills up with water. there needs to be either a water diverter under the port side glass, or differnent location for the cover snaps so water cannot enter the cockpit.

bobback    3

120? :unworthy::thumbsup:

WOW!!! My boat is an 08 and I have 140 hours on it. But we have to drive an hour to the lake and we have 2 to 3 months of boating season.

SKEliteV    0

What is wrong with the steering? That cable is too easy to replace for you to miss a weekend of fun in the sun.

Took to a dealer in town (don't have a Centurion dealer, so it is at a different brand name dealer). Cable would have been done, but they said that the pivot where the cable attaches to the rudder assembly was worn and damaged as well. Need to wait for the part. I'm praying I have it for our long weekend here in Canada next weekend...

fropappy    9

I have a 2008 Lightning that I bought new in 2010.

No problems with the glovebox hinges or built-in cooler.

The cooler is in a decent location, but we store our bimini cover in it while on the water.

Another reason I never use the cooler is because I bring a larger one that fits perfectly behind the driver's seat.

The ride, vinly, and other interior fit/finish is better than my previous '99 Malibu.

(I drove a Tige while teaching surfing/boarding July 4.

I was happy to see the factory ballast was hidden under the floor, but it porpoised any time I got over 20 MPH.)

My Lightning is steady at any speed and handles chop like a champ.

I wish it was a little less sensitive to weight distribution, but the smooth ride and great surf wake is a worthwhile tradeoff.

The wakeboarding wake is crap when we have more than 4-6 people on board.

Plenty of power, even with 10 people, but the wake gets peaky and washed out.

I may be able to fix that by adding bow weight.

I'm still having problems with my Perfect Pass and stereo.

Beginning to think they are related, as some Crew members have suggested.

A couple weeks ago, the analog and PP speedo both started acting erratically, then finally quit.

Replaced the paddle wheel and it worked perfectly for 3 days.

4th day, zilch.

Changed to RPM mode to finish the weekend.

Went back yesterday and the analog speedo worked perfecly while the PP speed was all over the place while cruising to our ride spot.

PP speed was zero once we started riding, but analog speedo continued to work perfectly.

Had to go back to RPM mode.

Also noticed the bilge pumping several times yesterday.

One of the bilge fittings was loose and dripping water, so I snugged it.

Still pumped a few more times when we were underway.

I'll check that out in the next few days or next trip to the lake.

Once we get these two issues fixed, I'll be happy with the boat again.

If I replaced my boat today, I would probably stay with Centurion, but go with a larger one.

Maybe 23'-24' Enzo with 6.2L

superdtf    68

WOW!!! My boat is an 08 and I have 140 hours on it. But we have to drive an hour to the lake and we have 2 to 3 months of boating season.

Which is exactly why I shied away from an employment oppty there last year... Really LOVED the town though; awesome people.

Yeah 120, my buddies will not take their boats out anymore I get to the lake and say, "y'all been surfin yet?" they say, "nah we been waitin' on you". Ain't it great to be loved and have a new boat? We all ride the goofy side no changing over. We were surfin' before Easter this year w/o wetsuits b/c such a mild winter. Surfin' every weekend this Summer and bunch of them 4 dayers. No beach vacation this Summer 8 days for the 4th of July at the lake. Not bragging "just sayin'" :thumbsup:

Faction1    0

I just got a new Enzo 233 and the ballast timing is really a hassle until you reset it. IMO ,they need to talk to some team riders and get this dialed in at factory. I just want a simple override of the system where I can fill the bags and look at the, and know they are full. I don't need a computer screen to tell me that.

duramat    462

2005 Enzo 230

Yes why did they ever let the boats leave the factory with that $hitty glove box. I go around beginning of every season as a maintains rule to tighten all screws and nuts

The rubber gasket around the windshield keeps popping in the frame. and my door is rubbing and had to place a rubber gasket on the bottom of the door.

Duramat: Your right my friend avy seat feels higher and you can see over the person seating in the bow. we need a taller post.

David: I never used my cooler as a cooler what I do is put all my ropes in it. Why would I want to drain more water in my boat from the ice melt. Some of my friends put their flip flops in the box. So great for small storage.

I saw a new 2012 Enzo 233 on Sunday that has a chrome water hose filler just above the swim platform to use to start your boat out of the water. I thought that this was a great idea but a bad location.

For 7 years never stepped on the front vent grill until my Wife did last Sunday and bent it a little. I have to take it off and straighten it out

Hey Enzo, how do we go about getting taller posts! LOL

Oh ya.. My crappy gas gauge! I love how it says I'm 1/2 full and I just pumped 30 gallons on a 36 tank! LOL

Edited by duramat

doug743    53

faction 1 you can make them manual, just override the timers, i did and it works like a manual switch. now i still cant see how my chair swivels?

Enzomatic    1

06 Enzo here. Can't believe no one has mentioned the location of the perfect pass servo motor right above the serpentine belt. My auto bilge quit and enough water got in to reach the belt. Then it gets slung all over the motor killing it. Not a cheap fix.

My biggest pieve beyond all others is the fact that they did not countersink holes drilled into the glass for the windshield, seat hinges etc. These are they source of all my gel coat cracks. I have 4 of them all leading to a poorly drilled hole.

I had an 05 Avy, then got my Enzo. I have not spent any time in the new ones but I used to wish they came as a kit! I felt I could put it together a lot better, but I am very fussy. Have almost had my boat completely apart correcting issues.

A few of the screws on the rub rail were overtightened and leak into the rear. On my list to do.

But no one has ever told me they surf a better wake!