dezul

Things you dislike about Centurions....

dezul    10

I want to know what are some of the things you dislike about your boat. Try to specify year and model.

I will start first:

2006 Lightning.

I dislike that the boat is weight sensitive. I am more into wakeboarding at the moment and with the deep V, it makes it sensitive to weight. I have to have people move around while I am boarding in order to get a clean wake. I guess that is my worst complaint. lol. I know....sad.

V-Bottom boats are much more sensitive to weight than a flat bottom. But the advantage is less weight needed in ballast and better rough water ride makes me rather adjust some people than deal with the ride for sure.

truekaotik    458

I am noticing this sensitivity as well... Nothing else bothers me so far...

superdtf    68

My list:

• Shaft Seal - there is a proven standard that's been available for almost thirty years, and they're doinking around with the stupid Marine Hardware seal, and now the OJ version of the same damned seal design.
  • Remote Filter - seriously, it was an $80k boat, put in the remote filter kit
  • Oil Drain Hose - yeah that too
  • Mine has that gray gelcoat "shadow" below/behind the back sunpad. Not all have it, but it's pretty common. I hate it. I wish it was just white. I think that might become a winter project.
  • Changing the impeller is a huge PITA, and it's only because of where it's positioned. Obviously that's Mercruiser, but I'm trying to be complete and honest.
  • Drainage - The boat has a few spots that don't drain well: back seats, bow footwell (there are drain holes, but they're the size of pencil lead), window
  • Facilities Management - Like where the batteries go, where the heater gets installed, amps, subs, shower, pumps, valves, etc. ; they all seem like an afterthought. I've seen it done better in the newer boats, maybe our 2008 was just on the cusp of this, but it felt like I had to do to much just to deal with a heater, two batteries, amps, and multiple pumps.

Things that I thought would be disappointing and they are not:

• I don't find it more/less weight sensitive than the others.
  • Fit/Finish - coming from Nautiques and MasterCrafts, I thought we'd have to get used to less deluxe. Maybe we just got lucky, but our Enzo is every bit as nice as our other boats, and nicer than our friends Malibu of the same year (2008, and it's them saying it, not us). I realize this might not be the case with all Centurion models.
  • Mercruiser Black Scorp - coming from SN & MC, obviously the bias was toward PCM and Indmar. In my 30+ years, I've never met a more drivable torque curve matched with appropriate power. Maybe the new PCM's are better, but they don't feel better when I drive them (Tige & SAN).
  • Solid feel/Ride - We've been in some CRAZY weather and the confidence we have and how solid the boat feels; it's all amazing.
  • Waterskiing/Barefooting - Of course I don't mean competitive slalom, but recreational skiing and barefooting is totally doable.

duramat    462

2007 Elite

Biting my tongue on Centurions support on Warranty issues.

Crappy glovebox/lid. Nothing else bothers me about my boat, I like it

The thing that I dislike about my Avy is that it is in the shop right now getting the final drive replaced/reparied :(

my older hurricane has very thin int. vinyl,and glove box is very poorly built,vinyl on it is starting to bubble :)

DarksideR    1,679

A lot of the things super talked about. And That it's not RH rotation... or the fact that it doesn't have equal waves. Other than that, we love our Cent

Edited by DarksideR

dezul    10

I completely agree about the glovebox lid and the vinyl. My glovebox lid broke a couple of weeks ago and my vinyl looks like sh!t.

DrNate    426

on my 2011 Enzo I only have 3 complaints:

1. The leaky shaft seal (on the list for the off season to replace with dripless)

2. The leaky rub rail (my mid port compartment is always wet no matter what I do)

3. Poor placement of vents. The rear one is always having water come in and the one in the front is always getting stepped on, sat on, etc.

tuneman    6

2005 SV230

x3 on the vinyl and glovebox lid. Just fixed the glovebox last weekend and the vinyl just blows, compared to the Malibus and Epic I've owned.

Speaking of the glove box, I just have a single gas shock that mounts to a simple L-bracket that screws directly into the lid with three sheet metal screws. However, there are 4 large threaded inserts evenly spaced around the underside of the lid. What are those for? Am I missing a piece?

What I do like: Centurion has the best gelcoat and fiberglass layup in the business.

Edited by tuneman

is this going to fineline complaint dept. lol :secret:

Edited by dirtracer27x

Dreamer    96

shaft angle/placement limiting my Enzo to a 13.5" prop.

tank222    2

My list:

• Remote Filter - seriously, it was an $80k boat, put in the remote filter kit
  • Oil Drain Hose - yeah that too
  • Mine has that gray gelcoat "shadow" below/behind the back sunpad. Not all have it, but it's pretty common. I hate it. I wish it was just white. I think that might become a winter project.

Mine came with a remote filter, but not a oil drain.

My glove box is fine.

My tower sucks.

The screws that hold the compartment doors to the boat are to small. My cooler door just came off. the back hatches are starting to lift up.

This weekend the welds on my swim platform broke. Had a chick sitting on the sun pad when we were pulling out and she said um the back of the boats crooked.

My driver seat is not tall enough unless I put the bolster up.

duramat    462

2005 SV230

x3 on the vinyl and glovebox lid. Just fixed the glovebox last weekend and the vinyl just blows, compared to the Malibus and Epic I've owned.

What did you do? Mine, the hinges are busted

tuneman    6

What did you do? Mine, the hinges are busted

Right before I bought the boat this year, the previous owner bought new hinges (same as original). Last weekend, the gas spring pulled off of the cover. I just screwed it back on with larger sheet metal screws until I come up with a more permenant fix.

duramat    462

Ah yes, the driver seat, it is not tall enough. Kriskussee's seat on his Avy sits up higher than mine.

bobback    3

Ah yes, the driver seat, it is not tall enough. Kriskussee's seat on his Avy sits up higher than mine.

Flip up that booster on the seat!

Not having an oil drain hose drives me crazy. What was saved by not putting one on, a whopping $20?

The cheap tires on the trailer; of course have replaced all. A new trailer should come with a tire that is not only SAFER, but will last.

David    0

04- Elite V

My wife hates the cooler location in the walkway; we always bring a separate cooler for drinks and food. The built in cooler is worthless.

I dislike how the removable carpet sticks and leaves black crap all over.