DrNate

FX-22 - New Centurion Model?

Kevin Baugh    78

I do like it better on the water! I lke the side view!!!!

For me I am just not a fan of the boats like this that stay wide all the way to the front

I dont use the room I have in the bow of my 211

DrNate    426

It does look a little better on the water. One thing that stands out to me is how high the swim platform sits above the water! I know it's not weighted down in these pics, but even when my Enzo has no weight, the platform is right at or just above the water line.

And I pretty much agree with everything Lake said. The bow shape is a deal breaker for me

DrNate    426

Now THOSE are some good looking boats!

duramat    462

OH YEAH... HATE THAT MC DASH more than ANY other dash I've seen. But beauty is in the eye of the blah blah blah.

Upon further look on a bigger screen (comp vs iphone) Ok..I like to eat my crow beak first thankyou. It has 80's toggle switches too.

Now this....I like this...why cant we come up with something good lookin like this?

post-50-0-99599100-1337696542_thumb.jpg

LakeSurfer    10

Upon further look on a bigger screen (comp vs iphone) Ok..I like to eat my crow beak first thankyou. It has 80's toggle switches too.

Now this....I like this...why cant we come up with something good lookin like this?

The Bu actually has a 2nd touch screen that you cant see over to the right. Bu has done a great job with its dash/cockpit.

1911    4

If the top picture if fully loaded for surfing, it sits pretty high still. Looks good and much safer than when I'm fully loaded. I, for one, care more about the surf wave than look. I'll pass judgement once we see the wave it puts out.

desotodave    0

Okay, I know this is a Centurion lovers forum, but everyone who is chiming in they love the boat you have to admit they missed the mark on multiple fronts. For instance, I have heard nobody who likes the dash, front end, low freeboard, tv etc. seems to me that Some of these things could have been simply avoided if Centurion had asked some long time owners what they wanted, or even more what they didn't want. To me this smacks of a project pushed and designed by 1 person with little feedback. In contrast to this when the 244 came out they changed the rear sun pads, and in cup holders in the bow within days of feedback from the crew. To me, I would have thought they would have learned a good lesson from this.

In my opinion, the feedback would be much less negative in nature if: 1. They received more constructive feedback before releasing a product. 2. When they do a release, have full information available. 3. In the press release spend less time telling themselves how great they are, and spend the time describing the benefits of each of the new features of the boat.

For instance, we have no idea what the striped thing along the side is for if anything. What have they done to the hull! They say they have changed it, but how, and what does it do? What is the purpose of the scoops, why are they there, and what do they do. Are those headlights on the front? What does the storage look like? Show how the boat creates surf, wakeboard, and skiing wakes. I really don't care what color lights you used to display the boat, or the sound effects used to introduce it to us.

Simple, build what people want, and tell us how you met our needs. Remember the Edsel, was supposed to be groundbreaking, leap forward etc. but it eas ugly and delivered nothing that people wanted. Simple lessons in marketing.

desotodave    0

Also, they should sell those now rear vent covers to existing Enzo owners so we don't have issue of water coming in the boat while surfing.

Jackfly    0

I'd like to know how it does in rough water. It looks to me like it has a "softer" entry, and will be terrible. To me, that is was the biggest selling point for Cent. Particularly the Enzo and Avy.

truekaotik    458

You found the best looking dash on the market brother. ;)

Troy. R    198

Call me crazy, but the dash doesn’t bother me. I like having the large analog tach and speedometer right in front of me with all of the ancillary controls on an iPad-esk pad. I think the toggle switches give it a racecar or aircraft feel, and I like the pushbutton ignition. That said, if they changed it to the current 233/244 dash that’d be fine too.

The scoops in the front don’t bother me. They are most likely there to bring fresh air to the engine compartment for combustion, so even in the unlikely event that you get water swamped into them they probably just run to the bilge/engine are anyway.

I like the display in the bow. I think it’s a cool option to be able to sit in the luxury bow facing forward watching the rider via a tower mounted camera.

As far as the freeboard, it looks the same as the current Enzo. If it requires less weight to produce a wave that’s equal to the current Enzo as LakeSurfer said the guys from Towanza told him then it shouldn’t be a problem.

truekaotik    458
Call me crazy, but the dash doesn’t bother me. I like having the large analog tach and speedometer right in front of me with all of the ancillary controls on an iPad-esk pad. I think the toggle switches give it a racecar or aircraft feel, and I like the pushbutton ignition. That said, if they changed it to the current 233/244 dash that’d be fine too.

The scoops in the front don’t bother me. They are most likely there to bring fresh air to the engine compartment for combustion, so even in the unlikely event that you get water swamped into them they probably just run to the bilge/engine are anyway.

I like the display in the bow. I think it’s a cool option to be able to sit in the luxury bow facing forward watching the rider via a tower mounted camera.

As far as the freeboard, it looks the same as the current Enzo. If it requires less weight to produce a wave that’s equal to the current Enzo as LakeSurfer said the guys from Towanza told him then it shouldn’t be a problem.

I agree with everything you said... It's not bling'd out everywhere, but the screen up front is a feature I actually like. Now if they'd integrate it into the dash as well It would be complete...

I don't love it and I don't hate it... I'm keeping that decision for a test drive and in water functionality...

Edited by truekaotik

lifesvr    3

I do agree the cockpit has a race car look and I think that's what they were going for, but this is not a race car, this is not meant to go fast. This is meant to be the equivalent to a diesel truck that can pull pull pull!!! I think this thing does look sweet from a distance in the water, but up close it gets ugly quick! If this were a woman I'd call her a 100/10 vision. From a 100 feet she looks great, from 10 feet she is ugly!

Troy    234

I am with Troy R. also. I want to see it in action for myself!

I also like the hard top. If we are on the water we have the bimini out. Our son is white and gets sun burnt just thinking about going outside. So the extra large hard bimini to keep out as much sun as possible would be great!

I wonder if the FX will be at Lake Lewisville in June for the Centurion show thing??? :secret:

I have to say...I am glad i purchased when I did....Cost reasons and looks....I am not going to knock the boat any more than I already have, But I am not a fan....The style is just not me...To me I would think someone would but this boat just to say they have something better or different....It just looks very strange to me.. There are a few things in the enzo that I would change, but overall we are happy....Here are the things I looked for when we bought our boat......

1. Size 22-23ft - check

2. Ride in rough water - nice v-hull - Check

3. No computerized dash or guages - Check

4. Looks - Color and Overall appeal - Check

5. factory ballast for leveling out boat, not surfing - Check

6. Trim tab for rough water - Check

7. Good size bimini - Check

8. Large bow with filler for wife - Check

All of those things to us were of importance when getting a boat... Really the only things that we were un happy with was 1. a little bit of "fit and finish", but the factory took care of those issues. 2. Bimini kinda a pain to fold up and store and strap to tower by your self. 3. The trailer will not make it very long and we are in fresh water. (but that is not centurion)

I honestly think, maybe Im being old school or not accepting the new, but all of the new boats are a little funky looking in some way...I do like the bow better than the MC and others, but the overall boat looks strange...Also like it sits out of the water 12''. The bow, can I say it looks SUPER SMALL!!!

LakeSurfer    10

I cant believe they put that ugly dash in the 2013 244. This pic is from FB.

post-465-0-46011200-1337720162_thumb.jpg

Edited by LakeSurfer

I guess I must be nuts, but I really like the new dash. I think it is very functional looking, simple, easy to understand and very visible. Everything I want in a Dash. Like someone said it looks like it is out of a high end sports car. I would say that is what a Enzo is! So why not make the Enzo have a high end Sports Car type dash, toggles, push button start and stop, horn button and Ignition Switch. I also like going away from the shiney SS plates that reflect the sunlight like a mirror. The black has no reflection at all for the driver to worry about. The Black W/S frame is the same way, no reflection and it really ties in with that new tower.

I also like that panel with the separate key switch, kill switch, and 12v outlet. It uncultured the dash, nothing hanging around or swinging while running down the lake.

I would bet that they cannot have Video dash panel made and only use it in one model of boat. They would have to use it several models for cost efficiencies and to justify the development. If this new video dash is as easy to use as a iPhone and works better than the ProVision models did then why not use it on all of the Enzo Models?

Overall the boats are growing on me. I am really starting to like them more and more. That Orange Surf Boat looks really great. And the World's Wrap is out of site. I good actually consider buying a wrap like that, but I do like to play some poker and gaming now and then!

LakeSurfer    10

I am excited about the new technology Centurion is offering in the new dash, but the layout/style is terrible IMO. Actually, there is zero style in how the dash is put together. Here is a pic of the Bu/Tige dash. It has the same technology and looks waaaaaay better IMO. If just looks like they were lazy about it or got so caught up in the Ferrari race car crap they did not stop.

post-465-0-09286000-1337721482_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-53217000-1337721738_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-84866000-1337721838_thumb.jpg

Edited by LakeSurfer