MN_Surfer

Give feedback and opinion on the board you surf!

nwrider    0

i ve ridden every hyperlite, each has its own personality, and purpose, good for everyone, and not on the spendy side,

i wanted to try something a little faster, and floaty, tried last years threser ss, twitchy but fun after a couple of rides,

demoed and dinged and had to buy a lf custom thruster, ok, but super fragile.

Online matt smedley helped me out with one of his smed wombat quad fin and fell in love with it, every one who tries it wants to buy it. its fast floaty and way more duarable than the lf.

this year i took of the two trailer fins, and am spining 3 and catching more air of the wake.

love my smed!!!!

Jackfly    0

IS Blue lake- My only board right now. X2 what everyone said about it. Great board. If you want 1 do it all board this one is good-easy to ride, good for smaller waves and bigger boys, can be ridden by a large weight range.

Ginsu- awsome fast board

DD carbon- Oddly I found it very easy to ride (behind Bigcapt's boat and wave), and I am a beginner. I think it is super solid when ridden on a rail, like a snowboard. If Bigcatpt tells me he is selling it to someone else, I WILL break into the man cave and steal it!!

Ramzety    1

IS Squirt My first and only board. Very fast, and easy to break loose for 360's. Everyone in the boat can ride from 130 - 225lbs. Definatly a must have for the boat.

Looking at picking up a new board this month but not sure wich one yet. Keep the post comming...

wakemitch    15

I have ridden a bunch of boards in the quest to find the right board for me. I finally bought my own board this year, haha.

HL Broadcast both sizes: Pearled easily and unresponsive.

HL Landlock: Super stable but very slow and doesnt respond at all. haha.

LF Venture 5.0: Faster and more responsive that the HL boards, but still pretty slow.

LF Custom: I didnt really know what to think of it. Its not really a skim, not really a surf. I wasnt into it.

IS Sweet Spot: the first surf style board i rode. Very fast, very responsive. I could slide it around like nothing. Its not much of a rail to rail board though. its a down the line kind of board.

IS Black Pearl Yellow: My first true skim board experience. I fell in love. I knew i wanted to ride skim after this, haha. Its fast and it just felt natural for me. I learned 360s and shuvits on this board. I have also taught a lot of first timers on this board (with 3 fins) and almost all of them went ropeless their first set.

IS Moss: Sooo fun. Very responsive and agile. The size fit me way more than the BPY. It was a bit slow for me though unless the wake was absolutely dialed.

TWP Comp X 4.5: Its a hybrid board and i rode it with fins less than 2 inches. i started trying airs on this board because i could get a bit of drive from the side fins. Really fun boards, but i wanted a true skim.

TWP Signature 4.5: Very fast, very responsive. I couldnt handle it at first. It's no cruiser. I really wanted to give surf style a chance because thats what most people seem to ride. I got more used to it, btu surf style just isnt more me. I dod like this board much more than the IS Sweet Spot though because it was mroe agile.

Flyboy: Perfect Surf style board (IMO). This board almost made me want to ride surf style. Most responsive and fast board i have ever ridden. And the construction of the board makes it feel so good under your feet and ride so great. I really started trying airs with this board because it felt more possible. For a surf style board its amazing how easy it is to whip around.

Calibrated Lovett Pro 53": Fast and very light weight. shuvits and spins were effortless, but it was a bit big.

Calibrated Piscus 51" : Fastest skim i have ridden. The piscus models have swallow tails which set it apart from all other skims. Super responsive and snappy. I feel like i have complete control over the board. I got my first legitimate airs on this board. I cant believe how far back i can recover from. Everyone thats ridden it seems to really like it. I was sold on this board. I loved the way it rode and liked the price.

tank222    2

I've only ridden two boards so far and havent gone ropeless... Yet...

Hyperlite broad cast very easy to get up on, I can switch sides and carve very easy on it.

Insland surfer red woody. Deffintlay alot harder board to get up on. Pretty easy to nose dive on. I'm deffintaly not a person to be writing reviews on boards becuase this is my first season and I havent even gone ropeless yet, for more than 30 seconds.

Bigcatpt    408
DD carbon- Oddly I found it very easy to ride (behind Bigcapt's boat and wave), and I am a beginner. I think it is super solid when ridden on a rail, like a snowboard. If Bigcatpt tells me he is selling it to someone else, I WILL break into the man cave and steal it!!

Get in line!!! LOL. Should we have a bidding war between Krisskussee, Duramat, and Jackfly? Sold to the highest bidder! Remember its one of Drews personal boards that is hand stickered and autographed..... Better start the bidding high! LOL

Jackfly    0

Dang man! Give a Brutha a break. I think I need some pt. Jst pad the bill a bit. Nothing like a nice insurance scam. LOL :acute:

Edited by Jackfly

kriskussee    9

First in line, first to ride... If I didn't ride that board it would have been left in the rack (and maybe had a better chance getting in my rack). All I can hope right now is everytime I ride with Big Cat or he rides with me I hope he brings that board... When I am ready to buy if he isn't ready to sell well, I think they sell them other places too...

enzo on LI    79

Riding the Triple X Slasher 5'0" for the last week. First surf style board I have owned and I love it. A bit on the fragile side IMO, but not sure how it compares to the others out there. Can go way further back in the wave than I could on teh Obrien. Ridden it with all three fins and also just the outside two. Wanna try it with just the center one to see if it will spin easier. Well worth the money (actually not expensive at all compared to some ofthe others out there.)

Jackfly    0
First in line, first to ride... If I didn't ride that board it would have been left in the rack (and maybe had a better chance getting in my rack). All I can hope right now is everytime I ride with Big Cat or he rides with me I hope he brings that board... When I am ready to buy if he isn't ready to sell well, I think they sell them other places too...

I'm just giving you a hard time Kris. :thumbsup: First to call "shotgun" gets shotgun. I really was suprised by how much I liked that board, I've started dropping hints to Santa!!

MN_Surfer    0

Rode another board last night....

Inland Surfer Swallow Woody Quad Fin (only had 2 fins in though)- This was a super fun board to ride. Again, you have to stay a little back on this one so the nose stays out of the water. This board is super fast down the line. If I stopped buying so many boards this year I could afford the new Enzo :thumbsup:

Rode another board last night....

Inland Surfer Swallow Woody Quad Fin (only had 2 fins in though)- This was a super fun board to ride. Again, you have to stay a little back on this one so the nose stays out of the water. This board is super fast down the line. If I stopped buying so many boards this year I could afford the new Enzo :thumbsup:

Wait a few months and I think I know where you can get an Enzo Tahoe Edition with a new motor.

enzo on LI    79
Wait a few months and I think I know where you can get an Enzo Tahoe Edition with a new motor.

I will just need to be filled with gas since the tank will be bone dry by then.

MN_Surfer    0

Poor Poo!!! I will be after a new Enzo in the spring. I can only imagine how much abuse Poo's Eddie Bauer edition Enzo will take....or not since he can't afford gas!! I just picked up a Grindwater Slaysh yesterday for $200 off of Craigslist that is brand new so I will have another board hopefully by Saturday. More reviews to come.

I rode the Swallow Quad again last night and it is growing on me. One of my crew is already spinning 3's on it. My Endless Break is still my go to board :thumbsup:

duramat    462
I'm just giving you a hard time Kris. :) First to call "shotgun" gets shotgun. I really was suprised by how much I liked that board, I've started dropping hints to Santa!!

LMAO! FUNNY STUFF! well I broke the bank with the last Powell trip and the new Squirt and Sweetspot I just got! So I'm out if the bidding!!

in2wakes    0

What a great thread. I've been surfing for 3 months on a LF Venture 5.0 and have been looking for information to help decide what's next. Nothing better than real life experience. Thanks guys. :innocent:

Foiler    1
LMAO! FUNNY STUFF! well I broke the bank with the last Powell trip and the new Squirt and Sweetspot I just got! So I'm out if the bidding!!

Seeing all the boards you all were riding in the other threads I would love to have some detailed feedback on these boards especially the squirt. Is it possible that the squirt is all most as good as the blue lake?? Thanks for any more info that you can give.

duramat    462

Foiler, I love the Bluelake! The past two outings out with Kriss I have really been getting aggressive on it getting some pumps in for speed and then trying to Ollie it. I think Kris prefers to see me ride the Blue over any other LOL

The squirt I think is a must have this board is light agile and you can adapt it from a more stable surf feel to changing out the fin to a single skim fin and get the feel of the upper dollar skim boards IMO. Pretty much everyone that has tried the squirt has loved it! I do think it's faster than my Bluelake.

I've lent my Squirt to Knuckle while I'm up in Alaska for the next two weeks,

Knuckle, hey your next outing I'll tell ya how you can get to my collection and take my Bluelake and try it out too?

Centionsurfer, tried my Bluelake and he said I corrupted him and his old board was no good anymore LOL

Both are good boards! The squirt is more bank friendly if that makes cents :welcome:

DarksideR    1,679
The squirt is more bank friendly if that makes cents :cheers:

:innocent: cents... nicely done sir, nicely done.

I definately think the squirt is faster than the lake, atleast for me it was. But also easier to nosedive too. How different is the blackpearl?

Joe B    17

Post up how much you weigh please as the Blue Lake was like riding a door for me at 150lbs. 190-240lb people thought it was shiizle. Great board and durable compared to some highend hand shaped boards.

Keep posts coming. Would like to try the Squirt as it looks like a Skurfer compared to the Red Woody in your pics, ha ha.