Hatzic2010    0

Does anyone have this problem - when I am at any cruising speed and I let go of the steering wheel, the boat turrns hard right. My neigbours at the lake have malibu's and when I drive them - their boats don't pull the same way.

Do any of you have the same issue and can it be fixed or adjusted?

c22burns    3

the link to this thread above doesn't seem to work any more. Can anyone else re-post a link? Or any advise on the problem stated above?

My steering also pulls hard right when i let go of the steering wheel.

RhuntIII    555

my boat does the same thing. I also can't get to that thread.

duramat    462

Grizfan has experience with this and has pics uploaded in his gallery of what his dealer did to fix it. (some grinding involved) ill look to see if I can find em.

h20king    794

My brothers shop did grizfans rudder.if no one finds a link on how to tune a rudder ill explain again when i get home from work

grizfan    0

I'll let H get into the nitty gritty of it, but I'll comment on my particular case.

My boat pulled to the right under power like most. I was in need of a new steering cable and this was only going to make it hook faster since there would be less resistance in the new cable. So my boat pulled to the right and the grinding took place on the trailing edge of the opposite side of the rudder (left). The process involved launching the boat to see how bad the pull was and then putting it back on the trailer and grinding the rudder in the parking lot. Took 3 tries to get it perfectly neutral. The material removed was minimal and I was told if you go to far and take too much off, then you just take a little off the other side.

It is honestly the best modification I have done on the boat. It is like I have a new boat. I was charged under $100 to do it. I'm sure it would be a simple mod for anyone with a grinder and a little patience. I lack a grinder.......and patience.

Kevin Baugh    78

yeah that was a clasic thread :thumbsup:

superdtf    68

This comes up every year. I propose that we get H and Griz to collaborate and put a nice DIY together, and then we can send the newbies there every spring (no offense newbies). I'll add $4 to the beer fund.

grizfan    0

This comes up every year. I propose that we get H and Griz to collaborate and put a nice DIY together, and then we can send the newbies there every spring (no offense newbies). I'll add $4 to the beer fund.

This is the result of having someone tune my rudder. Boat tracks straight and there is no play in the wheel.

Grind Away :thumbsup:

Edited by grizfan

bobback    3

I have a piece that can be adjusted in the rudder. Would I kick it out to the left if the boat is pulling right?

Spud    7

My boat does this and was on my list to attack. Thanks guys!

Bigcatpt    408

Another classic thread!! LMAO I forgot completely about that one.

:thumbsup:

I love a good laugh

Wow, forgot about this thread too. Another good laugh.

I think I want to do some grinding on my rudder to fix its "normal" problem of pulling to the right. I have decided I want an abnormal rudder now... LMAO!

Kevin Baugh    78

Thats what I love about the new adjustable rudder

you can make it the way you want it in seconds without a file or grinder

c22burns    3

Thanks for posting that older link "take the keyboard". One of the best reads in that link was

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.p...mp;postcount=12 Any other newbies should reed this!

Now, i know this is NORMAL (lol) and i am not as concerned. maybe later in the summer i will do some grinding.

I just cleaned my "flame arrestor" on my mercruiser motor (350 mag). I used a K&N air filter cleaning kit. Has anyone else done this? mine was covered with crap and a new one was $130 once i finally found it online. Searching as "350 mag air filter" wasn't working very well. Once i figured out its a "flame arrestor" and not an air filter that helped a good bit.

c22burns    3

i ment to thank

Kevin Baugh

not "take the keyboard" I really am a newbie.

Kevin Baugh    78

No problem have a good time grinding :thumbsup: