Capdoogie

2018 ri237/ri257 changes

CO Surfer    289

Yeah, not crazy about the new steering wheel.  I liked the one from 2015 the most.

• Like 1

BoardCo    110

The new steering wheel looks better in person for sure - I wasn't crazy about it in photos but it is really nice when you see it, especially because it fits really well with the rest of the boat and the new interior. The paddle shifters are really a big improvement over the earlier controls and and much nicer both in looks and feel.

• Like 2

Fivebar2    176
37 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

Any idea when centurion will update their web page with 2018 ri237/257?

I keep going and looking too. I want to start designing my new boat lol

Capdoogie    2

Dug around in new 2018 centurion Ri257.  New interior vinyl is awesome! 

• Like 1

Capdoogie    2

Was able to crawl around the new ri237.   I love the look of this boat!  My only disappointment is why centurions upper flagship models dont have hindged seats?  All manufacturers have gone to this.   This is a deal breaker for me. At these prices all surf boats should have an electric seat height adjustment.  Hindged seats, cooler where you can get to it, not under a seat cushion. And a hidden garbage can to just mention a few. For me I think the ri series is hopefull just a year away of catching up interior wise.  An I was  hopefull this would be my next boat. Maybe next year.

Darkside    248

Cap, 

Its funny non hinged seats are a plus to me.   As I  was giving her a good cleaning this weekend being able to put the cushions in a comfortable work place was great.   It also doesn't block access to the compartments, with the hinged seats on the Bu it was sometimes a pain getting stuff in and out of the compartments. 

Hidden trash can, floor cooler and seat hieght adjuster i agree with you.   The bolster, is OK but not as comfy as a full seat and for 100k+ i should be able to use the full seat.   

Funny thing is each manufacturer has strengths, it is a differentiator.

For example the slide seat with reversible back rests, i have 2 of these.  One so i have complete rear seat, and one for use under the Bimini!  Bimini coverage, no one else even comes close.  Everything is included, no extra bags, no pumps to plumb, stereo is great right from the factory!  So if a PNP fatsac starts leaking 4 years from now its under warranty!   

The other thing to consider is Centurion has been spending time getting construction and hull shapes dialed in.   I have had a couple new boat issues, but  the RI257 is by far the most trouble free boat i have ever had.   I spent a full day out yesterday, creating biggest cleanest waves possible from ANY boat.  I used just under 1/2 tank of gas.   My MXZ would have been empty 2 hours before we left yesterday! 

If you haven't demoed one of these in the water, you will never truly appreciate the RI.  That is where they stand out.   I can have a surfer riding, let go of the wheel, and the boat just continues strait.  They ride and handle surprisingly well.  I wouldn't write them off because of minor interior issues when you have major performance advantages.   

• Like 2

carguy79ta    67

I agree on hinged seats...  like the lift out better.  my 257 was delivered in June and I haven't had any software issues.  I think they reacted fast as bugs were discovered.

• Like 1

Bawshogg    77

I have a new slogan ...

"Get behind one" .

If you don't your missing the preverbial "BOAT".

Not only is the proof "behind the boat" , the company and the way it operates is also one you can "get behind ". 

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Capdoogie    2

i'm on it, will demo 257 this weekend.  and 237 next.   maybe the hindged seat will vanish. lol

Bongo Fury    640

I gotta agree with Bawshogg on the seats.....for deep cleaning we pull all the seats out of the boat.  Sometimes we will take just one seat out and put it in the direct sun to help with a stubborn stain we are having trouble cleaning.

• Like 2

Bawshogg    77

That was Darkside , @Bongo Fury.....But I totally agree with you. Now on the 257, yes some of the seats are a bit big and cumbersome, and at first I did miss the hinging, but it doesn't bother me a bit now. I kinda like it for all the same reasons.

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Sorry about the misquote......

wheels    151
On 2017-08-07 at 9:34 AM, carguy79ta said:

I agree on hinged seats...  like the lift out better.  my 257 was delivered in June and I haven't had any software issues.  I think they reacted fast as bugs were discovered.

Would not be hard to add hinges. 

• Like 1

What's up with the new "surf" logo on the RI's?!? That black out S is pretty bad. I've seen two boats already with this new logo. 

?

• Like 1

Capdoogie    2

So, anyone get out on the new hull 2018 ri237 yet ?  Any major differences from 2017

Cwazy1    89
10 hours ago, Capdoogie said:

So, anyone get out on the new hull 2018 ri237 yet ?  Any major differences from 2017

much better slow wakeboard wave. 

surf wave is solid. even heavier barrel than before. 

xj1514    13
16 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

much better slow wakeboard wave. 

surf wave is solid. even heavier barrel than before. 

How slow are we talking? Im looking for a wakeboard speed of around 18mph with both sides clean, is this doable or am I dreaming? 

Darkside    248
3 hours ago, xj1514 said:

How slow are we talking? Im looking for a wakeboard speed of around 18mph with both sides clean, is this doable or am I dreaming? 

It depends... IF you are willing to use CATS to clean the wake, you can have both sides clean, just not at the same time.  It takes 2-3 seconds to clean the other side.  This is what we do and you can have it clean really slow... 16/17 is very doable