Darkside    248

I hope y'all caught the sarcasm dripping off the tire pressure comment.... QAQC is best I have had in my last few boats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

wheels    151

I hope y'all caught the sarcasm dripping off the tire pressure comment.... QAQC is best I have had in my last few boats.Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well you know all the tmc converts did!

Cwazy1    89

wtf... I thought you were serious, I went to go check the tire pressures a few mins ago.

I hope y'all caught the sarcasm dripping off the tire pressure comment.... QAQC is best I have had in my last few boats. Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jk, but for real, this is still the best wakesurf picture I have, and it was behind the malibu from last year.

13439019_10154209905661718_7200240843235
Edited by Cwazy1
  • Like 2

257Tsunami    50

wtf... I thought you were serious, I went to go check the tire pressures a few mins ago.

jk, but for real, this is still the best wakesurf picture I have, and it was behind the malibu from last year.

13439019_10154209905661718_7200240843235

Nothing wrong with that wake. Looks like you had that thing dialed.

Cwazy1    89

it looked great, but was very soft and no one over 200 pounds could ride it.

257Tsunami    50

I was in the exact same situation with my MXZ. People were blown away by the wake we had that thing producing. We had to run a lot of bow weight to get the length so that we weren't riding of the back of the boat. That really made it lack push though so it didn't always ride as good as it looked.

Cwazy1    89

That basically summed it up. Mine was also having trouble with hole shot with the stock prop and 550's in the rear with wedge at max running the base indmar engine in '15. But once we started running an 800 in the bow, the trouble resolved itself.

Either way, it was a good boat. 100% easier to get a nice *looking* wave on either side compared to the 5 different settings of cent/sup.

Edited by Cwazy1

257Tsunami    50

I ran 750's in the rear and 560lbs extra in the bow. L96 and 1235. I made a suckgate (mine was pre surf gate). Wedge all the way down. 11.0MPH. That was the best wake I could get behind that boat. It was still really good.

Sorry for the derail OP.

Darkside    248

One more then back on topic...

This is the problem with the Surf Gate wave, very pretty but no power behind it. You could get decent power but you had to weight the shiete out of the boat. I would run custom 1250's and 250 in lead in the corners and 500 in lead in the bow, on top of the MLS. Wave was beautiful, but had a fraction of the push the 257 has.

Back on track... I need me some 20% tint!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Skibumm    184

I did not know that boats weren't tinted from the factory. Mine came with 35% from the factory 24 years ago.

• Like 1

Keef    6
On 4/18/2017 at 9:28 PM, Nick213 said:

That looks good stev! I went light on my tint 50% I think.

Hey @Nick213 does the 50% tint help reduce the heat in the summer?  I am thinking about going with either 35% or 50%.  I am interested in heat reduction but want to keep full visibility thru the wind shield.  I am having wind shield removal and tinting quoted out this week.  Any advice from the group would be appreciated.

Nick213    583

I liked the 50% it looked good but was fully able to see threw it. I have 20% on my 244 and want it removed and lighter but darker then 50% and that's just for cosmetic reasons. I still need to be able to see threw it comfortably. I will only go with a ceramic tint that really cuts down the heat, It's more expensive though. I have it on my truck and my wife doesn't on her car. It's a huge difference then again my windshield is tinted on my truck but not on my wife's car.

Tleeah    33

I have never thought about tinting my boat windshield.  Good topic.  We have a houseboat and do quite a bit of night driving back and forth from the houseboat to the marina.  What % would be good where you can still see decent at night?  My wife and daughter will be driving a lot and they are vertically challenged too.

h20king    794

35% is as light as I would go or why bother. 35% is a good compromise. I have done both 35% and 20% although 35% is easier to see through  I prefer the looks and extra shade of 20%.

Jake707    171

I think I have 20% on mine and love the way it looks but it can be a bit of a chore looking through. Most of the time tho Im looking over the windshield. I built an 8" bolster seat cushion that puts me right above it and I have full view but I don't boat at night either.

InfinitySurf    302

I have 20% and its hard to see out of, not possible at night for sure. Getting the ceramic tint as said above will stop a lot more heat from coming thru....and you can tint lighter if you want to see thru it easier. I would think 35% would be fine but not sure in boat as I always go 20% since I look out over the windshield on the bolster at all times. You could do ceramic in 50% and still block heat, I do the tint dark for the looks....and to block the UV on dash

Keef    6

Thanks all!  Think I am going to for for 35% with ceramic.

BTW - great forum with a lot of information.  Hope to see some of you on the water this season!