Noggen    7

What's going on everybody I'm sure this question has been asked already but could not find it was wondering if anybody has got their windshields tinted I was thinking of doing mine talked to a local place and they want around 560 bucks to do it but said it was very difficult and even considered after seeing the boat of not having anything to do with it I have a 2017 Supreme s226 that price just seemed a little steep

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

h20king    794

Have my 238 tinted and had my 226 tinted as well. The windshield has to removed from the boat then the glass has to be removed from the frame the price you were quoted is fairly standard

Noggen    7
Have my 238 tinted and had my 226 tinted as well. The windshield has to removed from the boat then the glass has to be removed from the frame the price you were quoted is fairly standard

thank you for the quick reply, it makes a little more sense now that I know they have to disassemble the windshield I just assumed it was more like a car and left the glass in.

Cwazy1    89

I'm so glad I have no interest in tinting my glass LOL

truekaotik    458

That is the ball park for windshield on certain boats (Centurion and supreme) . Make sure they are removing the glass for that price but sketchy that they said they want nothing to do with it, havnt found a window I couldn't tint.. Have a 226 here right now for stereo and such.. they are hard Windows but nothing like the new Supra compound curved glass they are doing...

Edited by truekaotik

Noggen    7
That is the ball park for windshield on certain boats (Centurion and supreme) . Make sure they are removing the glass for that price but sketchy that they said they want nothing to do with it, havnt found a window I couldn't tint.. Have a 226 here right now for stereo and such.. they are hard Windows but nothing like the new Supra compound curved glass they are doing...

This might be a stupid question but I have never tinted a window in my life but why would they have to remove the glass

Darkside    248

I have tinted my last 2 Malibu and it's roughly $250. I was quoted roughly the same for my 257

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

stoked    1,039

$500 here for my 33.

Nick213    583

Payed $580 to tint my avalanche.

There was not a place in my area that would do it so I took the boat way north.

h20king    794

This might be a stupid question but I have never tinted a window in my life but why would they have to remove the glass

because of the curve of the windshield and so there is no visible gap's between the windshield and the frame
  • Like 1

truekaotik    458

You don't have to but it cuts down on dirt in the film from the seals and light gaps on the edges. Plus, most of these tint shops have rookies doing the work or are inexperienced with Marine as it's a different animal than vehicles so they tend to burn your seals when they shrink... Some windshields are easier than others and are priced accordingly. Edited by truekaotik

carguy79ta    67

I personally would not do it since it is more difficult for me to see thru it. however we generally have the seat booster plus throwables stacked so we are looking over it anyway... just my .02

strev    26
I personally would not do it since it is more difficult for me to see thru it. however we generally have the seat booster plus throwables stacked so we are looking over it anyway... just my .02

To each his own, but I will never own a boat without tint again. It just looks so much better! Even my 11 year old son doesn't mind it...lol...

6087fcbd8fbca6ad3d4a25873d4ea394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Nick213    583

That looks good stev! I went light on my tint 50% I think.

Bongo Fury    640

5% here5724d321dfc73a0f4cac17b8248c1a2c.jpg89801889484de9dcb7ac148ee8748c46.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the tube? Just Kidding! What do you expect on a Centurion site!

• Like 6

stoked    1,039

I did 5%:

oJEJDuL.jpg

Edited by stoked
  • Like 2

Padge    3

5% here Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the tube? Just Kidding! What do you expect on a Centurion site!

lol they are deflated in my storage. We surf from beginning of the day til the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

InfinitySurf    302

I installed 5% on my SV244 a couple weeks ago. They charged me $250 and did a great job...single piece.

Anything over 350 is a ripoff IMO.9f0cc3c21cd7ff6eb287f061a744d1c2.jpg3d429fb2137e662631060681ba676542.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nick213    583

This turned into a tint picture thread so I'll show mine to. I see most went pretty dark so here's 50%

post-4481-0-36826500-1492618015_thumb.jpg

post-4481-0-78672500-1492618050_thumb.jpg