InfinitySurf    302

Already posted... #19 on 1st page. Only a fool would install tint on exterior of glass. Even without cover rubbing, I am sure it would be messed up very quickly if done that way.

truekaotik    458

You cannot see the gap, they just warned me that it may happen, at least they told me upfront. They obviously took their time and did a fantastic job. I also told them upfront that if the job was not perfect, they would be re-doing it. I did check into quality of tint before I took my boat there, but thanks for warning me cause I may have had to bring my boat to Indiana to get it redone. Sounds like you assume cause price was reasonable, the job will be crappy? Perhaps I am not a person that would meet your high standards since you insinuate that I didn't want to pay for "high end quality and service"....or maybe that just makes me smarter than most since I now have an extra $250 to get some other upgrade I want. Expensive does not always equal quality.

$250 is plenty fair for a good quality tint job in my situation. They in fact said they would do it for $200 (I gave them $250) as they are trying to grow their business and wanted referrals...isn't that the American Dream, start from nothing and end up the kingpin? If you gotta remove glass that is a different story. I don't know how much time they had into it, I guessed...but they did a perfect job and I have had no less than 15 vehicles and 4 boats tinted in my life, as I don't own anything with glass that does not get tinted. So I am not a noob at this and know what a quality job looks like. I see 35% all the time (hence the reference to it being the legal percentage here) so only provided that for reference. Obviously you do it for a living, perhaps your eyes are better than mine.

My personal opinion is that most shops....see a 100k plus boat and figure the owner will pay whatever they quote. Why.... cause owner wants to act like money is nothing to them, even if they are mortgaged to the hilt and actually "own", nothing, cause bank owns the title...I could personally care less about what others think of me "being cheap" and because I am like that, is probably why I don't have a loan on mine. If you can get that much money for tint, more power to you. I own a business too and sometimes I gouge people to support my boating habits too, its the nasty circle of life...then again, sometimes I give it away for free. All depends on how I feel about that person. Are they happy if they cannot find a better price, sure! Some even thank me as i pocket 100% profit. If I had gotten the tint done where I live and where all the other $100k+ boats are with the fancy homes, I am sure they would have quoted me double that price and I would have gotten the same quality job. I have no problem living in a palace while shopping in the ghetto acting like a pauper. Takes all kinds. Why don't you throw some more crap at me, I got a big shovel and love throwing it back! Hopefully, someone will even get a laugh out of this, I know I had several while reading and writing.

Slow your roll turbo.. I threw no "crap" your way..

I simply explained why, to your comment about people getting ripped off paying that much. Yep, do it everyday but what do I know... Didnt want you to come to Indiana or reference it, thanks for the stalk :) ... H2OKing lives no where near me and he stated the same service. Like I said, happy your happy but don't slam others that want more work done than you and expect the same price. Some Can see the lines and some can't... Some see dirt when others don't... Never referenced your skill of tint, sounds like your a pro at it though by your 15 cars and 4 boats. If you think you would have got the same work for more money somewhere else it was smart to choose the cheaper option. I've seen windshields done on boats as low as $140 roll through here and on the lake... Glad you needed to tell us your boats paid for, Kuddos Man! It's obvious you know everything about everything on here...

• Like 3

InfinitySurf    302

I know what I know and admit it when I don't. I got a bug up my tush, got it off my chest and now I am done. Was in good spirit tho and have no intention to derail the thread.

Nick213    583

Glad your happy!

Thanks for the s*** show always fun! Congrats on your title (not sure why you'd reference that) post a pic or it didn't happen :p

stoked    1,039
aec6e5570f64901c212939bd2dfbe3e8.jpeg
  • Like 4

stoked    1,039

The bank owns my title because I'm smart enough to realize that my 115k can earn 8% invested versus saving me 3% interest on a depreciation. Just my two cents since we're throwing things at this thread that have nothing to do with the thread LOL.

In all seriousness, I'm just being an instigating radio-edit. To each his own. No need to start beef on this site, we're all just trying to help each other get the best wave possible and keep our boats above water. For those that want to start beef, go over to WW, they love that crap over there.

• Like 3

Fivebar2    176

This thread is reminding me of malibucrew...

• Like 2

InfinitySurf    302

haha, good stuff. Knew someone would appreciate a distraction

• Like 1

257Tsunami    50

This thread is reminding me of malibucrew...

Close, but if this was on that forum we'd already be at 6 pages of people telling the OP that he's an idiot for being mad because both the manufacturer and the dealer failed to perform any sort of inspection prior to their $200,000 boat leaving their facility.

Edited by 257Tsunami

Fivebar2    176

257t classic!! I found some zip ties in my bilge!

• Like 1

Cwazy1    89

LOL

I'm glad we're all on the same page.

257t classic!! I found some zip ties in my bilge!

257Tsunami    50

I still love those boats. I'm sure I'll miss my MXZ to a certain extent, but too many people can't step outside the box and admit that Malibu needs to get their Poop in a Group.

In an effort to stay on topic, I never thought I'd care to tint my windshield before. After seeing some of these pics I'm going to look into getting this done on the 257 before we pick it up.

Edited by 257Tsunami

h20king    794

I know what I know and admit it when I don't. I got a bug up my tush, got it off my chest and now I am done. Was in good spirit tho and have no intention to derail the thread.

you my friend are going to have a hard time on this sight. Most come for solid advice from those of us with years of experience with centurion and surfing but you choose to argue with those that know. My advice is adjust your approach JMTC
  • Like 4

NW Vettes    11

I still love those boats. I'm sure I'll miss my MXZ to a certain extent, but too many people can't step outside the box and admit that Malibu needs to get their Poop in a Group.

In an effort to stay on topic, I never thought I'd care to tint my windshield before. After seeing some of these pics I'm going to look into getting this done on the 257 before we pick it up.

I was just thinking the same thing. I'm guessing more like 20% for me because my wife and daughter tend to drive too (vertically challenged even with bolster up) Edited by NW Vettes

Darkside    248

The thing that id's different to me is the 257 is deep inside. I am 6'2" and most boats the top of the windshield is at eye level. The 257 my eye level is well below the top. So I am actually looking through the windshield instead of over it. So a 20% would likely be as dark as I will go.

Yes QaQc is out of control in Merced. I had to adjust tire pressure in one of my 6 wheels..... sorry couldn't help myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

h20king    794

It's the dealer that should have been taken care of during the pdi

Jake707    171

Seems like everyone is a bit on edge being so close to summer but still waiting on the warm weather haha A window tint thread turned into a melee. This is why I don't go on wake world anymore haha

• Like 2

Nick213    583

X2

Jake if you want to meet us at Naci on Saturday there's a open seat! We're gonna meet up with chowder and check out his 257.

Jake707    171

Dam. I would for sure but I leave tomorrow for camping down at Pismo. My friend has his alcohol banshee finally done so we are going to see what this thing can really do on the dunes. But thanks for the invite and let me know next time, if Im free Ill def go. Just don't make fun of my sweet surfing skills, or lack there of.

• Like 1