MFaso

New 2017 S238 videos

DrNate    426

I'll be honest. I absolutely love everything about this boat but I just can't get over that windshield. The rest of the boat is so cool, though, that even that is starting to grow on me.

Shaka    146

Think of the windshield in terms of much easier and cheaper to fix.

DjOM21    59

I think the boat looks pretty styling with the Bimini deployed. Maybe not as good with it retracted.

I think the other features and overall value of the boat make the windshield tolerable, plus functionally it may prove to be useful.

In fact what annoys me more is the exposed heater ducting under the drivers footwell. That is just straight up cheese. Hide that damn thing Fineline, seriously very poor layout. Keep it clean.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Think of the windshield in terms of much easier and cheaper to fix.

lol have you ever had to "fix" a windshield in a boat? Most haven't either...

truekaotik    458

The open side windshields (MasterCrap/Axis/Supreme) have many downfalls on our lake when I'm in one..

for example..

On cooler days it doesn't help block aweful cross wind.

It also doesn't retain the heater heat as well for the driver.

You get WET! That's really all that needs said..

Oh it is ugly too...

I just hope they go back to a wrap around windshield..

Edited by truekaotik
  • Like 4

Cwazy1    89

I agree with this. On the lake I surf at, there is a floating bridge running east/west, which blocks north/south winds for about 100 feet leeward of the wind direction of the bridge. This is where I surf, but with a cut out windshield the wind would pickup the spray off the bow 'chimes' of the boat and throw it at the driver. The side windshield of the windward side of the boat is always wet after a windy (5+ knots) day.

Long story short, would never consider a '17 238 and instead went with the '17 226.

The open side windshields (MasterCrap/Axis/Supreme) have many downfalls on our lake when I'm in one..
for example..
On cooler days it doesn't help block aweful cross wind.
It also doesn't retain the heater heat as well for the driver.
You get WET! That's really all that needs said..

Oh it is ugly too...

I just hope they go back to a wrap around windshield..

Shaka    146

Me personally? No. However, I have a few friends that have. Its not usually a pretty picture.

You'd be surprised..

As for the style, admittedly I was not thrilled with the windshield design at first.. Then I drove the boat. I love it for 3 main reasons- Clear line of sight, resting my arm on the gunnel, and styling (it grew on me) I'm a DD ski boat guy, and I like being able to pull the boat up to the skiier/rider and look right out the side of the boat and see them. This is nearly impossible with the tall free board on these boats, but the cut off windshield allows you to peak over the side, or see straight out the side totally unobstructed. Then the arm rest deal- I know, it sounds silly. But when I'm cruising down the lake it's really nice to hang my arm up on the gunnel, like having the window rolled down in your truck cruisin' down the highway. haha As for styling, it took some getting used to, but I really like the design. It works well with the tower lines, and gives the boat an edgier look without being over the top. I haven't had an issue with spray, but I'd imagine if it was really windy and you got the boat broadside to the wind, and bounced some waves, you'll get more wet then you would with the wrap around. I blame the driver when that happens. :laughing: Also, I feel the new tower is more functional. It puts the tow point behind the racks, which any of you who have a boat with a swept forward tower know the rope tends to find its way into the board racks. All in all, I'm really pleased with the new design. The response the boats have been getting here on our lot, at boat shows, etc. is overwhelmingly positive. We've had more interest in Supreme this year then ever before!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

BoardCo    110

When it comes to the windshield on the Supreme boats I wasn't a big fan until I went out in it and I have to say I took a complete 180 after using it (similar to what I did with the sliding seat leanbacks on the new Centurion Ri Series).

When I went out it was windy and rough and though it didn't give quite as much coverage as a full wrap around I was surprised by how well it did cover up and that it wasn't much at all colder with airflow (it was October and not exactly summer heat). This was a big concern for me and I have to say I was very surprised by the result.

Visibility and all was nice but the primary thing I liked about the new windshield is that when I pulled up to the dock I could reach out and grab it with little effort. For me this was a big enough improvement in convenience that I have to say if you could order the S238 with the wrap windshield or the slanted one I would pick the latter. I have to give the crew at Centurion / Supreme some credit - this year they have proven my opinion wrong more than once and I'm happy that I have had to eat my words.

• Like 2

dcaggiano    1

When it comes to the windshield on the Supreme boats I wasn't a big fan until I went out in it and I have to say I took a complete 180 after using it (similar to what I did with the sliding seat leanbacks on the new Centurion Ri Series).

When I went out it was windy and rough and though it didn't give quite as much coverage as a full wrap around I was surprised by how well it did cover up and that it wasn't much at all colder with airflow (it was October and not exactly summer heat). This was a big concern for me and I have to say I was very surprised by the result.

Visibility and all was nice but the primary thing I liked about the new windshield is that when I pulled up to the dock I could reach out and grab it with little effort. For me this was a big enough improvement in convenience that I have to say if you could order the S238 with the wrap windshield or the slanted one I would pick the latter. I have to give the crew at Centurion / Supreme some credit - this year they have proven my opinion wrong more than once and I'm happy that I have had to eat my words.

I own the 2017 S238 Supreme as well and couldn't agree more with BoardCo. I wasn't sure before I purchased but now that I own the boat I not only love the more aggressive look but the ability to pull up to the dock in addition to being able to view and talk easily to your riders from a sit down position is awesome!!