arono

New to the site and just bought an 06 Enzo

arono    0

Just purchased a 2006 SV230 Enzo and had it delivered to Georgia from Arizona. After replacing all the fluids, I got to take it out this past weekend and it runs awesome. Looking forward to next summer.

Over the winter months I've got the following upgrades planned:

1. FAE to replace the sideswipe exhaust
  2. Wakemakers 1100lb Tankbuster bag upgrade (rest of the ballast *600ish lbs* will be in 50lb shot bags)
  3. Stereo

Couple of questions:

1. Inside the hull of the boat in front of the gas tank there are the two ballast fill/drain lines and a t-handle that looks like a dipstick....anyone know what the t-handle is for? Also are there seals that need to be checked and replaced on the ballast drain/fill lines? I think I'm getting water leakage in that area.
  2. I'm not worried about the goofy-side wake and am thinking about extending and running the starboard ballast pump lines to the bag in the port locker. My thinking is having both pumps filling and draining the bag will significantly reduce wait times but is this over kill?

I'm on Lake Allatoona if any one is local.

post-8634-0-15007500-1478134272_thumb.jpg

post-8634-0-98146000-1478134272_thumb.jpg

stoked    1,039

The T should be a drain plug

enzo on LI    79

Re grease the prop shaft seal. Hard to see but where the shaft leaves the v drive towards the rear of the boat the there is a seal that needs to be greased. There are two small screw in the seal that need to be removed before greasing in order to allow any old grease to be pushed out as well as to avoid blowing out the seal. Most likely where your leaking water is coming from as the seal is a drip cooled system using water from a small line coming off of the exhaust jacket

arono    0

Thanks stoked-- glad I didn't pull it while we were on the lake checking the v-drive fluid.

Thanks enzo on LI; I'll definitely look into this. Is this the seal people replace with a "dripless"?

geb202002    24

Welcome! Nice floats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DjOM21    59

Congrats on the boat.

I think sideswipe is already a FAE of sorts since diverts the exhaust away from the surfer. The FAE conversion for the sideswipe is cool though - but pricey.

Some inline silencers like the ones from http://marineexhaust.ggb.ca/4-inch-insert-85-inch-long-sport-pair help with the noise, a lot. I also used to dump the exhaust under water on the surf side to dampen the exhaust note even further, but I soon realized this causes spray on that beautiful Enzo wave - no bueno.

Sac wise I think just go with the Enzo sac and hook it or them up to fill off of the Pump Puppies. I scraped the sprinkler valves and added my own 1" manifold and supply with 4 PVC ball valves that divert flow to either the port or the starboard side depending on who's surfing. Draining is accomplished with two Aerators per bag. Probably takes 10 min to switch sides. I also run another 400lb bag on the surf side seat if its just my wife and I plus our two 40#s. Works good and that regular wave is nice as can be.

BTW - I think the Bimini in your picture mounts on the front arms not the rear for transport, more support that way.

TayTay    6

Congrats on the purchase. I just bought the exact same boat this fall so I'll be interested in your plans for the thing. I have a list of things I'd like to do as well. Some are a need to do, some are a want to do. I think mine needs a steering cable so I will probably try to tackle that soon. Welcome to the forum and that's a good looking boat.

• Like 1

Hein    63

We added some 3D printed cowls to our sideswipe which reduced the noise level. After using them all summer, we have concluded that they have helped clear up the air for the rider as well.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/11066-2008-enzo-sv230-projects/#entry147654

arono    0

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the Sideswipe doesn't work which is the main reason I decided to go with the FAE and it takes up a lot of room in the rear locker that doesn't allow the 1100lb sac to fully fill.

I decided to scrap running both of the pumps to the 1100lb in the port rear locker & instead am adding a 580lb bag under the port bench seat that I'll hook up the starboard pump to.

DjOM21- good catch on the bimini; that's how the dealership mounted it.

enzo on LI    79

Thanks stoked-- glad I didn't pull it while we were on the lake checking the v-drive fluid.

Thanks enzo on LI; I'll definitely look into this. Is this the seal people replace with a "dripless"?

Yep that's the one. Congrats on the boat! You will love it

Luvnlife1    0

I'm looking at an 06 ENZO SV230 with switchblade. Boat is in mint condition and I'm paying top dollar according to NADA book value. Not sure if NADA value represents what package type I'm getting. On that note, what is boardstock package. How do I know if this is a boardstock package or something else? I'm new to wakeboarding/wakesurf boats, so excuse my lack of knowledge.

Is NADA value a good representation of what these boats are worth. Any price range you think I should be spending on this boat would be greatly appreciated.

Luvnlife1

chenige    84

I think nada is low. It shows my 2000 elite from a low of 15k to an average of 17k. (Retail). So my boat at the highest retail would be ~19k. I am pretty sure I can get over 20k for it here in Michigan. But it does have a brand new interior and flooring so it should be at the high end. But surf setup boats (v drive) are pretty rare here.

Luvnlife1    0

This boat hard to pass up. It truly is like showroom condition! I'm justifying high retail because He's throwing in phase 5 and inland surfer wakesurf boards. Also some Ronix wake boards Plus a whole bunch of other high end gear. Glad to hear you think NADA is a little low...thanks for the feedback.

bluesman280    99

I find the Nada prices to usually be a good guideline. Always a good idea to check other local prices for the same model if possible, or because we used to be a little more limited in Canada I used to compare to any similar boats I could find anywhere in the US just to get a good idea of price. Always a bonus to get extras tossed in.

arono    0

This boat hard to pass up. It truly is like showroom condition! I'm justifying high retail because He's throwing in phase 5 and inland surfer wakesurf boards. Also some Ronix wake boards Plus a whole bunch of other high end gear. Glad to hear you think NADA is a little low...thanks for the feedback.

If this is the black & green boat in Kentucky, I looked at that boat too.