h20king    794

Yep the Supreme does not like much counter weight

zzbutler    19

I was told by someone that's been running a 238 since last year that they run all the ballast full and then also put an extra 500 lb of pop bags under the seat on the side you are surfing.

DarksideR    1,679

Didn't Nathan say the 238 he demoed hated counterweight?

I don't recall, but I was on my buddies S238 yesterday and he runs a lot of it with great results. He's got over 30hours in dialing it in and it is money.

• Like 2

Fivebar2    176

I was out in my 238 today and believe I got a great wave but I don't know too much about it as I am new to the wake surf scene. I have a question for those who have this boat. How far in the water is your swim deck?

DarksideR    1,679

At rest the swim deck should be a few inches under on the surf side if you're listed. A better indication is the rubrail on the surf side corner. You want to be within 1-2" of the rubrail while under way.

NW Boat Sports    232

Playing with both of those ideas, what is the absolute best wave you have seen, between listing and weighting even and using tabs? Or is one better than the other. I know i need to get some extra weight but im wondering which way i need to shoot for.

We did extensive testing with H2O last fall. I can honestly say, the waves between listed and Quicksurf were very close. I didn't prefer one wave over the other. Both very firm waves, lots of push and good for catching air!

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1

The factory is telling me a ladder can be mounted in the middle of the underside of the swim platform without messing up the wave and without spraying the surfer. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

DarksideR    1,679

If it's mounted in the middle, there should be no issues affecting the wave at all.

h20king    794

We did extensive testing with H2O last fall. I can honestly say, the waves between listed and Quicksurf were very close. I didn't prefer one wave over the other. Both very firm waves, lots of push and good for catching air!

true story I can not even tell the difference in listed and quick surf looking at pics let alone surfing each set up.
  • Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

Didn't Nathan say the 238 he demoed hated counterweight?

Yea any more than a couple hundred lbs of counterweight washed it out for me.

Yep the Supreme does not like much counter weight

Do you list yours H?

When I demoed that early model S238 last summer it didnt have the adjustable holes on the quicksurf plate and I want to take another one out to see the difference from it.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

h20king    794

Yea any more than a couple hundred lbs of counterweight washed it out for me.

Do you list yours H?

When I demoed that early model S238 last summer it didnt have the adjustable holes on the quicksurf plate and I want to take another one out to see the difference from it.

ran the 226 listed with no counter weight. Set up my 238 demo listed with just a little counter weight and quick surf weighted even then dumped a little ballast to lean just a little. I have only put two hours on the new boat then took it to my shop and took it apart to do the stereo. Give me two weeks then we will be at it and ill share my best set up.
  • Like 2

I was able to take the boat out this weekend and set up the boat like we had talked about and it worked AWESOME!! i had 100% on surf side about 50-60% opposite both hard tanks full and very little in the bow maybe 20%. I had the trim tab deployed 3 to 4 one second clicks. The surf tab about 50%. I had 7 people in the boat all pretty much on the surf side spread throughout the boat. 2 on the back deck 4 in the seating area and 1 (me driving) no non surf side. set the cruise at 10.4 and I think i bumped it up to 10.6. The wave had good push wasnt real long but it was A LOT better than the last time fully weighted and surf tab deployed. I did not have the chance to change the position of the ram but it was a good day of surfing. also had some wakeboarding going on to and the boarding wake is awesome too. All together a good day on the water!!! Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1

I played with the surf setup again this past weekend tried something different this time and it worked awesome. I filled surf side rear bag to 100% and surf side quick fill to 100% surf tab about 3-4 seconds and center trim tab about 3-4 seconds also. I had 4 people in the boat and me driving. Everything else was completely dry. The boat listed HARD when sitting still but it was BY FAR THE BEST WAVE i have produced. Ran 10.8 mph. It had a 8-12inch curl and a big clean surf area with plenty of push for a 225lbs rider. It was awesome. Figured i would share!!

Cdifranco    463

Off topic but can someone make a sticky thread of all the different boats we have covered and just plain and simply list the ideal weighted setup?? Think it would be a nice sticky to have rather than each time we see a boat oh a fs33 hey dark or oh an ri hey Lakesurfer or a supreme hey h2oking lol let's build a library of reference we can use yah?

• Like 1

H not counter at all. literally everything empty except back surf sack and surf side hard tank. The wave was nasty!!!!

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Off topic but can someone make a sticky thread of all the different boats we have covered and just plain and simply list the ideal weighted setup?? Think it would be a nice sticky to have rather than each time we see a boat oh a fs33 hey dark or oh an ri hey Lakesurfer or a supreme hey h2oking lol let's build a library of reference we can use yah?

This sounds like a great idea. The repetition is getting a bit monotonous when new people join the forum and ask the same question. I like to help out as much as possible, but having a sticky for each boat model would make it easier.

• Like 1

gwiz    23

If it was nasty, we have to see this wave, right?