rider1985    1

I just purchased a 2015 Sv233 this year with a 450 pcm. I have been in boating for many years and really liked all the new technology, fit and finish that Centurion had added in the last few years. Every year we send a week on Lake Powell using the boat 8 hours a day. At the end of the week every-bodies head was ringing and the $6500 downfire sound system we paid for was wasted. I tried a FAE, but didn't like the spray of the wake. I found a company called GGB out of Canada, they make a insert for a 4" exhaust which slipped right into the stainless steel tube ( which is a empty tube) located in the exhaust hose before the exit flapper inside the boat. I purchased a pair of 8.5 inch inserts, but found i only need one installed. The boat retains the stock look, but the noise is greatly reduced. I lost about 100 rpm on the top end, which was more than acceptable to me for the noise reduction. They also make a 5.5 inch insert which might not effect the rpm, but might be a bit louder.

Just thought all those out there struggling with how loud these boats are might want another option!

I also have an extra 8.5 insert if someone would like to pick it up from me, $90.

Love the boat and now my ears aren't ringing!

Bongo Fury    640

Welcome to the Crew.......please post some pictures of your 233!!!

Do you have a link for the inserts? Thanks for the idea! It is an issue with my 409 as well

Cdifranco    463

Yea pics or it never happened! Welcome aboard..

• Like 2

h20king    794

Baffled inserts. Bet they work well. Same principal as the Malibu silent rider tips. Are they only sold in pair's?? If so I would be willing to split the cost with someone .I'm sure it's no FAE but combined with the centurion silent tip I have on the way it would knock down the engine noise to an acceptable level.

phillewis    39

I wonder if you could combine one of these inserts with the FAE to even further reduce the noise???

phillewis    39

Baffled inserts. Bet they work well. Same principal as the Malibu silent rider tips. Are they only sold in pair's?? If so I would be willing to split the cost with someone .I'm sure it's no FAE but combined with the centurion silent tip I have on the way it would knock down the engine noise to an acceptable level.

H, if it's possible to insert one of these before attaching the FAE, then I'd be interested in going in on a pair...

h20king    794

H, if it's possible to insert one of these before attaching the FAE, then I'd be interested in going in on a pair...

do a Google search I put in ggb Canada and it came up .They look to me like they install inside the boat before the exhaust tip. Take a look and let me know what you think. Edited by h20king

Bongo Fury    640

H...I might be up for that.....I want to talk to Trav first to figure out if there are any warranty or other issues I should know about.....unlike you I would have to have Hillside do the install as well.

• Like 1

Bob U    5

I think it could fit into the FAE exhaust. There's room for a 8.5" in mine. Won't even have to go inside the boat.

Great idea, noise is very fatiguing.

rider1985    1

I just purchased a 2015 Sv233 this year with a 450 pcm. I have been in boating for many years and really liked all the new technology, fit and finish that Centurion had added in the last few years. Every year we send a week on Lake Powell using the boat 8 hours a day. At the end of the week every-bodies head was ringing and the $6500 downfire sound system we paid for was wasted. I tried a FAE, but didn't like the spray of the wake. I found a company called GGB out of Canada, they make a insert for a 4" exhaust which slipped right into the stainless steel tube ( which is a empty tube) located in the exhaust hose before the exit flapper inside the boat. I purchased a pair of 8.5 inch inserts, but found i only need one installed. The boat retains the stock look, but the noise is greatly reduced. I lost about 100 rpm on the top end, which was more than acceptable to me for the noise reduction. They also make a 5.5 inch insert which might not effect the rpm, but might be a bit louder.

Just thought all those out there struggling with how loud these boats are might want another option!

I also have an extra 8.5 insert if someone would like to pick it up from me, $90.

Love the boat and now my ears aren't ringing!

Guys, I will get some pics up of the boat and the baffles. I will try to get some pics of the exhaust, but I already have it all back together and it is hard to see. It really knocked the noise down, so much so that I am considering dropping to the 5.5 inch size to see how it sounds. If I do that I will post pictures of the process. We went out Thursday and could easily talk to all surfers while they were surfing and still hear the music in the background. The site is www.ggb.ca, they are super nice guys to talk to, and will sell you separate baffles if you call them and order.

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Installation pics please

X2!

SurferAdam    168

This will pretty much be necessary for the 2016's as they're way louder than the 2015's

WakeDirt    19

Could this be huge news for sideswipe guys?

Edited by WakeDirt
  • Like 2

rider1985    1

Okay, I am technology challenged and am unable to get multiple photos to downloads even though i downsized them, so I will send them individually.

Pic of boat

post-6676-0-19019100-1440523115_thumb.jpg