DarksideR

August 2015 pic and video thread

stoked    1,039

Stoked: I just read your story about your boy Tom That's wonderful and can you tell him that seeing his pictures has now encouraged me to try it, I always feel I am to old to try surfing

Will do!! In case anyone cares, I made him a video. Not the best video you'll ever see, but it was his second time up, we didn't even turn the GoPro on the first time because we didn't expect him up. This time I pulled him in.

• Like 3

adambomb2000    35

Good point. We left them in the freezer and din't remember till we got out there. We had one guy that manned a spot, the second the rider went down he put the spot on them till they were at the swim platform.

Ahh...gotcha

DarksideR    1,679

Had an excellent day out at Pitt lake yesterday. My wife's first time there and probably the calmest water we've had all year, or even ever! Almost nobody out there as it was a Tuesday. Lake temp ranged from 71-74. Air was in the mid 80's. Basically a perfect day. Forgot the GoPros. LOL. Used the wife's iPhone6 for a few shots. My 12 year old surfed for about 3 minutes without the rope and was super pumped!

https://www.facebook.com/alona.ramsay/videos/10153734590149245/

I setup with less weight for him so I can go a little slower till he gets more comfortable. No idea of actual speed cause Pitt has an ever changing current which makes keeping a wave dialed a little more difficult. Paddle wheel speedo would come in handy for sure!

A couple of pics of the most excellent day!

post-848-0-09196200-1439399234_thumb.jpgpost-848-0-39356200-1439400102_thumb.jpgpost-848-0-43733100-1439400119_thumb.jpgpost-848-0-81402500-1439400152_thumb.jpg

And then there was a sad moment.

post-848-0-37545800-1439400168_thumb.jpg

Time to watch some surfboard repair videos :(

• Like 4

silverfish    22

That's awesome! I can't wait to get my son up on a board. He is 8 right now and we are just starting to try and get him up. What board is your son riding?

DarksideR    1,679

That's awesome! I can't wait to get my son up on a board. He is 8 right now and we are just starting to try and get him up. What board is your son riding?

Phase5 scamp. Best decision I ever made getting him that board! It turned him from having almost no control over the board to getting up like a pro in one afternoon. Started out with me in the water holding the board against his feet and helping him up with a push. Did that MANY TIMES! But after getting the Scamp, I only helped home 3 or 4 times, then he had it on his own.

• Like 1

rockballer    162

Threw together a quick one. Watch my kid be a dork at the very end showing off "his" lake. LOL.

Had an old friend come out who had never wake surfed before. Got up first try and even dropped the rope! But he fell pretty quickly after. We haven't been filming too much for a while, so I didn't have much to put into this. But my son riding wireless is there and is the best part!

Slick video... the boat looks good all lit up at night.... :)

• Like 1

rockballer    162

I might suggest glow sticks tied to your surfers vest...you may have a spotlight on the boat and know that you have a surfer in the water, but the surfer has no way to show him/herself is there if another boat is zooming along in the dark.

X2.... we didn't have a light and learned quick the boards are hard to find. Took one of the fins off and wrapped a string around the board so we could attach one onto the board as well.

Lak3surf3r    714

I finally got to ride my "big cheese" longboard from wake wood yesterday. That board is a blast and everyone rode it more than their regular board yesterday!

post-5679-0-91114800-1439578433_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Lak3surf3r    714

The Kid got her invite to Worlds today for her two 1st place and two 2nd place podiums this season! So proud of her 1st year at worlds!

post-5679-0-29114300-1439595198_thumb.jpg

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 5

viking    491

^^ NICE ^^ Congrats Nasmith!

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Awesome.....really happy for both of you!

• Like 1

Shaka    146

I put together this vid of my last LP trip:

• Like 5

chadr    328

I finally got to ride my "big cheese" longboard from wake wood yesterday. That board is a blast and everyone rode it more than their regular board yesterday!

I really wanted to try one out at the Utah get together but we ran out of time! Dang!
  • Like 1

RVR-RAT    269

The Kid got her invite to Worlds today for her two 1st place and two 2nd place podiums this season! So proud of her 1st year at worlds!

Congrats :clap:

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Loving sitting outside with my morning coffee and thinking about my day on the water with my wife and two boys.........

post-901-0-65421100-1439652397_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

viking    491

Just seen this on Facebook and had to share.

https://www.facebook.com/NickDanger420/videos/10205673834539928/

I actually laughed out loud at the bilge pump comment.

Just a little update on this story:

http://www.parkerliveonline.com/2015/08/12/remember-the-boat-that-sank-at-the-weekend-owner-says-its-been-stolen/

DarksideR    1,679

Looks amazing bongo!

Viking, that really sucks for that guy. The risk you take not insuring it. In the video it looked like he was under power coming to the dock, but says it wasn't running? I'm confused.