RVR-RAT

YETI COOLER

RVR-RAT    269

Just curious if any of you use a Yeti cooler? I'm wondering if they're worth the $$$. I usually have to budget at least $100 for ice, for a week trip to the river. It is over a 100 degrees everyday and I try to keep the coolers covered and out of the sun, but was wondering if any of you have any experience with Yeti's I figure if I can save money on ice I can by more beer!

WakeDoc    471

We use a brand similar to yeti this past year and have been pretty happy with the two we have.

• Like 1

RVR-RAT    269

We use a brand similar to yeti this past year and have been pretty happy with the two we have.

I'm not set on Yeti if your willing to share what your using. I'm looking for opinions from products that work, and I know you have some serious heat where your at. Just tired of having to take the boat to get Ice every other day. It cuts into riding time!

Thx

viking    491

I broke down and bought a Yeti 75 last year for same reason. Have a hard time paying list price so grabbed it on a closeout for around 40%off. Would have bought more but they were pretty much out of stock.

We take extended weekend and sometimes weeklong camping trips with the boat and end up going through bags and bags of ice.

Have an Igloo 150Qt. cooler that we'd stuff with ice, food and beverage but after a couple hot days it was always drain h2o and fill with ice day after day. Not to mention its a pain to lug that coffin around when full. A few years of that and I was ready for a change.

I'll say we've been happy with the Yeti and it's ability to keep ice during our last summer. Probably going to pick up another (or knock off) sometime this year to replace the other coleman coolers we use.

• Like 1

WakeDoc    471

Another trick is to put a layer of dry ice on the bottom of the cooler, then meats, etc to drinks on top.

• Like 1

viking    491

I did de-badge it though so it didn't Scream out I'm expensive come steal me :)

• Like 1

h20king    794

yeti coolers are awesome and the coleman extreme kick but as well. They are the best off the shelf cooler that wont break the bank that we have tried but it has to be the extreme all others seem to just eat the ice.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Apparently Grizzly coolers are just as good if not better and a wee bit cheaper than the Yeti. Anyone tried them?

surf moocher    127

I don't have a YETI cooler but I have the YETI 30 oz. mug and it is AMAZING!! I drink way too much Coke Zero and this doesn't help. The ice will literally last a couple of days in the Mug while continually drinking and refilling my Coke. BigCat customized his with a vinyl IS logo from TruK, looks pretty sweet. Maybe he'll post a picture.

http://yeticoolers.com/rambler-tumblers/

Comparison Review

http://www.headhuntersflyshop.com/yeti-rambler-vs-tervis-tumbler-test-and-review/

Skibumm    184

Yeti coolers are amazing. I have not tried or heard of the Grizzly coolers.

• Like 1

volzalum    280

I use the Coleman extreme 6 day coolers. The more they are opened, the less they work. So I find putting the stuff not frequently needed extends my usage significantly.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

I use the Coleman extreme 6 day coolers. The more they are opened, the less they work. So I find putting the stuff not frequently needed extends my usage significantly.

Just think of how long the ice would last if you NEVER opened it! It'd be like Schrodengers cat!

^thats my attempt at humor for today.

• Like 2

RVR-RAT    269

Just think of how long the ice would last if you NEVER opened it! It'd be like Schrodengers cat!

^thats my attempt at humor for today.

LMAO !!

Bigcatpt    408

Love my Yeti mug. Ice lasts forever. Very impressed!

post-188-0-88435400-1431719472_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Us to we freeze all our meats before we load the cooler and use one just for food and one just for drinks. we only buy ice twice on a 7 day trip and most of that goes in the day cooler in the boats.

boatnut    230

Holy crap, I just saw the price of yeti coolers, are they made of friggen gold?? You got to be kidding me!!! I can buy alot of ice at 2 bucks a bag, for the price of one of those coolers, that's a rip off, Styrofoam cooler is only 5 bucks!! The difference pays for alot of product over the years!!

Edited by boatnut
  • Like 2

viking    491

ya but problem is where we camp ice must be made out of platinum because they want $7 for a $1.50 bag of ice. So costs add up pretty quick. Plus I wouldn't pay full price for any of the better coolers. They want too much i agree.

boatnut    230

Man time to add a air con compressor on the boat motor and a heat exchanger and add a refrigerator on the boat, but in hindsight why not one of those coolers that plugs into your 12 v outlet, they are 100 Bucks at Costco!!!

Bigcatpt    408

Yep ice at Lake Powell is 5 or 6 bucks for a small bag. That adds up pretty quick. Not uncommon for us to spend $80-100 on ice in a week. That is $80-100 of frozen water. Maybe the price of an awesome cooler is not that bad after all if it cuts your ice expense in half each trip. Pays off a cooler in a few years.