Sign in to follow this  
DarksideR

Drew Daniello signs with Nautique

viking    491

Dark,

It's called PWI "posting while intoxicated"

Bongo Fury    640

Always rooted for Drew....my boys have autographed boards by him.....this is too bad as a Centurion guy.....wonder what the business deal was behind this move......although Natiques have been in some of the more recent Phase 5 videos.....on the other hand watching Ashley Kid ride is a pretty sweet view.

Edited by Bongo Fury

DarksideR    1,679

Always rooted for Drew....my boys have autographed boards by him.....this is too bad as a Centurion guy.....wonder what the business deal was behind this move......although Natiques have been in some of the more recent Phase 5 videos.....on the other hand watching Ashley Kid ride is a pretty sweet view.

Was thinking the same thing.

duramat    462

AHA!! Would make sense why he wasn't at the boat show like years past. I always liked talking to him.

WakeDoc    471

WOW, only stuff still on his Facebook page about Centurion Boats is stuff they tagged him in, everything else has been removed. Funny how a "pro rider" can say Centurion Boats makes the ultimate wake surf boat one week and Nautique the following week. Makes is really hard for me to believe anything they have to say when it comes to making a choice on which boat brand to purchase.

• Like 1

duffymahoney    10

The nautique nss wave is pretty great for a skimmer. Lots of push but not super tall. But I bet it was about money. As most things are:)

• Like 1

tprice    118

WOW, only stuff still on his Facebook page about Centurion Boats is stuff they tagged him in, everything else has been removed. Funny how a "pro rider" can say Centurion Boats makes the ultimate wake surf boat one week and Nautique the following week. Makes is really hard for me to believe anything they have to say when it comes to making a choice on which boat brand to purchase.

And this is a shocker?

I never credit any endorsement as they are paid for lip service.

WakeDoc    471

And this is a shocker?

I never credit any endorsement as they are paid for lip service.

I do not give credit to a word that comes out of his mouth, the sad thing is there are people that do.

viking    491

That's what sponsorships are all about. Money Talks! Just a bunch of grossly overpaid advertisements!

Bongo Fury    640

I wonder how much they really make......you win Worlds and that check is not going to pay for too much more than a good winning party.......are the sponsorships that much different......I have no idea.

WakeDoc    471

I think the biggest payoff is any money that is won.

doug743    53

no money at all, so if you add it up, 10k more a yr for someone making…say 50k a yr is a lot of money. I am sure they have other jobs, either boat show things, going to demo days, etc etc a lot of BS work to survive. It really does not matter who is sponsored by who when 99% of the boats purchased in the 75k plus market are older established people, who most don't really care.

DarksideR    1,679

Can't say I blame them. It's what puts food on the table. They all seem to be enjoying themselves, so it can't be that bad!