Troy

Tige cooler placement

Troy    234

I went to the boat show this past weekend and found Tige putting their cooler the same place as Centurions.

post-798-14228895750099_thumb.jpg

post-798-14228895977405_thumb.jpg

I like the removable cooler idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Troy

DarksideR    1,679

That's pretty cool.... but looks kinda cheap too. Would be cool to incorporate a wind dam that way. Just flip it up. Then flip it down and it's a walkway.

Troy    234

The fiberglass lid has a positive lock when up. You have to release the lock before it will come down. So yes it basically is a wind dam when up.

tprice    118

Troy,

I really liked the Tigre cooler lockers.

The one I looked at even had an additional one under the middle of the deck in the cabin area.

Another nice touch was an additional storage locker towards back next to transom for you to place boards and even had a racking system for the boards to sit in

Wylie_Tunes    146

That's pretty cool.... but looks kinda cheap too. Would be cool to incorporate a wind dam that way. Just flip it up. Then flip it down and it's a walkway.

Full fiber glass lid with 2 stainless steel hinges, locking latch with lifting ring, gas assisted and a drain to the bilge. Could be used as storage by leaving out the included cooler.

Sturdy as can be standing and walking on it..

Thats the ASR pictured. The other Tige models also have a bow cooler setup that makes the bow a ply pen type.

• Like 1

Sata3000    15

We looked at the ASR for a while this weekend and I didn't even notice that

Kevin Baugh    78

Looks like people in the BOW are SOL for a cool frosty one

Wylie_Tunes    146

Looks like people in the BOW are SOL for a cool frosty one

I like the way you think, but from a different angle. I dont like play pen style bows. Nothing worse that having to walk up into the bow and having to step up and hitting your head on the bimini. I prefer an open bow that you can walk through.

Nick213    583

I like the way you think, but from a different angle. I dont like play pen style bows. Nothing worse that having to walk up into the bow and having to step up and hitting your head on the bimini. I prefer an open bow that you can walk through.

sounds like a installer stand point not a boat user though. JMO

Wylie_Tunes    146

sounds like a installer stand point not a boat user though. JMO

?

truekaotik    458

The center step going to the bow has nothing to do with wether it's a play pen bow. The center cushion or filler does......

Agree with Kevin, looks like the bow occupants are SOL if they are thirsty...

Edited by truekaotik
  • Like 1

viking    491

They just need a beer assistant in the cockpit that listens to requests!

DarksideR    1,679

Problem solved

They also do not get the strength of the Centurion Deck and Windshield area. By having a sold cooler Box that connects the Consoles together is why Centurion Windshields have very little movement if any.

The flip up does not add any strength at all.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Just seen on FB that there's no middle back seat on at least one of the Tiges.... Just essentially a bench on either side of the boat. Don't see the benefit of that.

Wylie_Tunes    146

They also do not get the strength of the Centurion Deck and Windshield area. By having a sold cooler Box that connects the Consoles together is why Centurion Windshields have very little movement if any.

The flip up does not add any strength at all.

I will not dispute Centurion builds a solid boat, but can say without hesitation that Tige's build process since the late 90's does not lend itself to windshield issues for a few reasons. 1: they use a one piece deck cap and floor assembly. This is much stronger than a 3 piece build if a hull, floor and then cap. 2) The seam at the hull and cap are actually bonded together and glassed over to form a single piece. Less flex, relaxing or sagging, which results in large windshield gaps or even having the center section drop in. 3) For many years, the Tige windshield has been thru-bolted with machine bolts and ny-lock nuts. Much more secure in the long run, than using self tapping screws into pilot holes in the fiber glass. These building processes are not unique to only Tige, many builders incorporate these. I can recall the walkway talking point as far back as 03 with Centurion.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Just seen on FB that there's no middle back seat on at least one of the Tiges.... Just essentially a bench on either side of the boat. Don't see the benefit of that.

The ASR has a removable seat bench, but not aware of a model that does not have a seat bench.

DarksideR    1,679

The ASR has a removable seat bench, but not aware of a model that does not have a seat bench.

That may be it. Looks like there's some latches or something.

post-848-0-14293700-1423173379_thumb.jpg

post-848-0-58612800-1423173396_thumb.jpg

I'll say one thing. And it's just my own preference maybe, but damn... I DO NOT like Tige interiors! The exteriors are excellent looking though.

Wylie_Tunes    146

yes, thats the ASR, just doesnt have the seat bench in pace. This allows the v-drive cover to a step for getting in and out of the boat and not stepping on the vinyl.