duramat    462

there is about 1/2" clearance between the hull and prop with the 1631. if i went with the 14", it would be 1/4" inch clearance. i don't have a bubble cut out.

Some have taken a flat piece of stainless steel and siliconed it to the surface to prevent gel coat burn. I think there were/are issues of cavitation with air being that close as well

jiriki    13

How fast were you going? OUCH!

15 mph.

Delaware prop in Muncie indiana is where u could send it, I think almost every marina in indiana sends them there, we go to Tennessee some and they send there's there also. I'm only a few miles from them and they are very good to work with. I've had to visit them afew times.

jiriki    13

Nettles prop. Great service and fast.

http://www.nettleprops.com

Delaware prop in Muncie indiana is where u could send it, I think almost every marina in indiana sends them there, we go to Tennessee some and they send there's there also. I'm only a few miles from them and they are very good to work with. I've had to visit them afew times.

I'll give them both a call tomorrow. Well all three maybe and I'll talk to Acme too.

RVR-RAT    269

I'll give them both a call tomorrow. Well all three maybe and I'll talk to Acme too.

Good luck! Let us know how everything works out.

jiriki    13

I called them all. Nettles came out to be a better deal since I am repairing my prop and buying a new one. $50 off the repair costs. They recommended 1619 prop. Less pitch. There isn't enough room for a larger prop.

jiriki    13

15 mph.

Several of my friends asked me if I saw the log. The log was under water. I didn't see it. The passengers saw the log surface after the hit and sank back down again.

Troy    234

Dude! that sucks! hope you get back on the water soon and nothing else is damaged.

RVR-RAT    269

Dude! that sucks! hope you get back on the water soon and nothing else is damaged.

X2

jiriki    13

Fortunately, the new prop will be here tomorrow or Thursday according to Nettles. It's getting drop shipped from Acme.

Unfortunately, I need to figure out how to fix/replace one of the Lenco 101 actuators on the switch blade. I just need the housing.

Anyone have a busted one they would be willing to part with that has an intact housing?

jiriki    13

WIN_20140527_203913_zps1102ad14.jpg

Looks like I really just need the end cap.

Joe B    17

Search for switchblade actuator. Short story is its special and only sold by the folks at switchblade. Sold in pairs. not cheap compared to lenco.

I was able to pop mine together and the other actuator did all the work but i had to be at a stop. dont trailer with the blade far, the negative bouncing will wear the actuators early. We dont use blade on unfamiliar lakes. And check the bolt for looseness every trip.

Bigcatpt    408

I called them all. Nettles came out to be a better deal since I am repairing my prop and buying a new one. $50 off the repair costs. They recommended 1619 prop. Less pitch. There isn't enough room for a larger prop.

Nettles has always been awesome to work with! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jiriki    13

Nettles has always been awesome to work with! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got my tracking number. New prop scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Pretty fast.

jiriki    13

Is there a particular grade of grease I should put on the shaft before reinstalling the prop? In hopes of making it easy to uninstall in the future.

Also, what do I torque the nut down to? When I removed it, it wasn't torqued down at all. It was really easy to remove. The prop came off with just 2 light taps of a hammer/wood.

Skibumm    184

I have never put grease on the prop shaft prior to installing anew prop. That said I would never be able to get mine off with a hammer and wood. I always have used a prop puller.

superdtf    68

I'll be really, really surprised if your shaft isn't tweaked. You won't see it with the naked eye. But a prop, rudder, and switchblade tells me the shaft is likely bent... and it's much easier to change with the prop and rudder off.

jiriki    13

I'll be really, really surprised if your shaft isn't tweaked. You won't see it with the naked eye. But a prop, rudder, and switchblade tells me the shaft is likely bent... and it's much easier to change with the prop and rudder off.

I'll see if I can get a dial indicator. What's the tolerance?

Kevin Baugh    78

lets see a picture of the strut straight on from the back of the boat