jiriki    13

as luck would have it, I hit a log in a shallow area. I can get it in gear and such Once I get going the whole vibrates real hard. The most I can do is 15mph.

bent prop? bent shaft? transmission?

jiriki    13

just dove under the water. looks like prop doesn't bent from what i can see. easier to tell once i get it out of the water. the prop now spins freely.

RVR-RAT    269

It doesn't take much to bend a prop especially if you hit a log. I would bet that your prop is bent and possibly the shaft (depending on how big the log was). The best thing to do is pull it out of the water and inspect the damage. I would NOT use the boat if it's vibrating badly like you say. Limp back and trailer that baby. Let us know what comes of this.

duramat    462

x2

Even a slight Ding will cause cavitation.

Im looking at about $120 to repair mine from 2 weeks ago

jiriki    13

I'll get it trailered later this evening. Waiting on someone to help me. The prop should not spin freely if I remember correctly.

Kevin Baugh    78

trany is most likely just fine depending uon how hard you hit the log and how big it was you could have a bent prop,shaft and strut

The prop should not spin free but on the other hand you should be able to turn the prop

Edited by Kevin Baugh

You should be able to spin the prop, with some resistance however. Pull the boat, check it out. Even if the prop doesn't look bent you should have it sent out to be reworked. I highly doubt you could bend the shaft/ strut with out bending the prop. A good prop shop should be able to take care of it for around 150 bucks. If your handy you can check the shaft run out with a dial indicator. You may get lucky and just need to fix the prop.

jiriki    13

prop is bent. shaft "appears" to be ok. the switch blade actuator is broken too. i think it was meant to break.

looks like i will be carrying a spare from now on.

jiriki    13

looks like i have an acme 1631. i have a 2006 enzo sv230 with black scorpion. i am contemplating getting a new prop and fixing the current one and keeping as a backup. 1631 still the recommended prop?

just two days of boating....

Kevin Baugh    78

look at the strut it needs to be straight

jiriki    13

i engaged the drive on the trailer at low speeds. i didnt see any wobbling. at least with the naked eye and not gunning it.

jiriki    13

look at the strut it needs to be straight

i'll look at it again in the morning

Sorry dude. Suckfest. I carry an extra prop in my truck but never had to use it yet.

jiriki    13

here is what it looks like. i managed to take off the prop with little effort surprisingly.

i am thinking of getting an 1847. i am right at 3k ballasts.

WIN_20140526_081131_zps15902a53.jpg

WIN_20140526_081138_zps9d365074.jpg

WIN_20140526_081144_zpsee32b376.jpg

RVR-RAT    269

Looks like you got that one good ! Keep in mind the 1847 is a 14" prop as opposed to your 1631 which is a 13.5" prop. I believe the 233 have the bubble cut out above the prop so it should work.

Edited by RVR-RAT

jiriki    13

oh and my rudder is bent at the shaft too. :)

any recommendations for a place to purchase a new prop? and a place where i could ship my old one for repair?

duramat    462

How fast were you going? OUCH!

RVR-RAT    269

oh and my rudder is bent at the shaft too. :)

any recommendations for a place to purchase a new prop? and a place where i could ship my old one for repair?

Nettles prop. Great service and fast.

http://www.nettleprops.com

Edited by RVR-RAT

jiriki    13

Looks like you got that one good ! Keep in mind the 1847 is a 14" prop as opposed to your 1631 which is a 13.5" prop. I believe the 233 have the bubble cut out above the prop so it should work.

there is about 1/2" clearance between the hull and prop with the 1631. if i went with the 14", it would be 1/4" inch clearance. i don't have a bubble cut out.

RVR-RAT    269

there is about 1/2" clearance between the hull and prop with the 1631. if i went with the 14", it would be 1/4" inch clearance. i don't have a bubble cut out.

I've heard of guys having issues running a prop with such little clearance. It begins to burn the gel coat right above the prop. IMO iI would call nettle prop tell them what your running and what you want to achieve and they can recomend a prop with a little more bite. You can always call Acme propellers and ask as well. They are super helpful