Troy

Wakeboard magazine.

Troy    234

So I received my WakeBoard Magazine yesterday and on the cover it talks about the best surf wave producing boats of 2014. I flip through the mag to find the article, they have 12 boats, none of which was a Centurion. They had 4 Nautiques, 2 tige, Supra, Moomba, 2 Malibu, 2 Axis. Several pictures they had, the waves looked horrible, couple didn't even have pictures of the wave and then a couple had fairly nice waves.

So then I flipped through the book. Centurion had one ad, Nautique had several ads, Malibu, Axis, Supra and Moomba had a couple ads each. I guess since Centurion didn't drop big bucks on advertising for the Magazine they didn't consider the best Surf Wave a boat can produce.

Just saying!

• Like 1

mancho    85

Yup that's how advertorial advertising works. You pay to play. Sucks, there is no journalism integrity. We all know centurion is better anyway. I experienced this same thing last year w BoatUS mag.

WakeDoc    471

AND that is exactly why I DID NOT renew my subscription, WakeBoard Magazine has become a JOKE, every page in it is nothing more than advertising. If you are going to do a best wakesurf boat article is should review all contenders. It would be like Car and Driver doing a Best 1/4 ton truck article and not including Ford because they did not advertise. Again don't waste your money on WakeBoard Magazine it has no real value.

Their reviews are so ambiguous and arbitrary anyway. They basically say the same thing about every boat, being careful not to make one look better then the other. There is absolutely no substance to their "reviews"...none what so ever. No one reading that will come away feeling like they've gained some insight as to which boat will best suit their needs. I'm not at all bitter that they didn't include Centurion because it's so clearly a pay to play deal here, I'm simply noting that from a journalistic stand point that magazine sucks..

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

AND that is exactly why I DID NOT renew my subscription, WakeBoard Magazine has become a JOKE, every page in it is nothing more than advertising. If you are going to do a best wakesurf boat article is should review all contenders. It would be like Car and Driver doing a Best 1/4 ton truck article and not including Ford because they did not advertise. Again don't waste your money on WakeBoard Magazine it has no real value.

X2….let mine go a couple of years ago!

Carter13    69

Couldn't agree more with the statements above.

Troy    234

Yea I didn't renew just finishing up a previous subscription. Sad Very Sad!

DrNate    426

Wow, this brings back some memories for me. In 2003, I was looking to purchase my very first boat. I was heavy into wakeboarding and so of course I consulted wakeboarding magazine regarding my first new boat purchase. I wanted the "best wake for the buck". All of the reviews were pretty vanilla, as stated above, and I was very frustrated. I shot an email to wakeboarding mag, and believe it or not the "owner" or "president" or whoever it was emailed me back and asked me to call him!

It was early on in the days of the mag and so I'm sure he had little else to do. Anyway, I called the guy and told him my predicament. I was in the market for a new boat and just wanted the best wake for wakeboarding that I could afford. He told me that there was no way that he could endorse one boat over another because they all advertised with them and he didn't want to make anybody mad. He literally was no help whatsoever.

I bought a Moomba, by the way, and it did have a decent enough wakeboarding wake but by no means was it the best, even at the time.

Of course, until I discovered wakesurfing and then the Moomba was worthless :) Needless to say, I didn't call the Wakeboarding Mag guy to ask about my next boat purchase :)

enzo101mo    98

I also use to get Wakeboarding Mag. I dropped them several years ago for all the same reasons. I always felt they were putting Malibu and Nat. on top, even back in 2008 boat review They classified Centurion as a Recreational boat and not a wakeboard boat. The bad part about it is most people don't know any better and think Malibu is the best. I also wrote to them and voice my opinion

Elitist    1

When my surfing friends say they would love to have a new wakesetter with surfgate I just laugh and laugh and laugh. Dont get me wrong the Malibu is a beautiful boat (alot nicer than mine). They scough at the idea of buying a centurion, but then claim they are intimidated by the size of the wave my Elite puts out.

I think alot of it has to do with name recognition and being able to brag about how much money you gave for your boat (not to say that a new Centurion is no expensive enough).

Bongo Fury    640

I never see anyone actually riding behind the BU's on our lake. They just go fast from one place to another and then hang out. Exceptions for sure.....but in general thats what I see.

PayCheck    20

im no a ford fanatic, but are you saying theyre leaving out the best truck in the industry?! if transworld leaves the best boat out of the surf comparison, its like car and driver leaving out the best truck lol

D3 Boats    19

So I received my WakeBoard Magazine yesterday and on the cover it talks about the best surf wave producing boats of 2014. I flip through the mag to find the article, they have 12 boats, none of which was a Centurion. They had 4 Nautiques, 2 tige, Supra, Moomba, 2 Malibu, 2 Axis. Several pictures they had, the waves looked horrible, couple didn't even have pictures of the wave and then a couple had fairly nice waves.

So then I flipped through the book. Centurion had one ad, Nautique had several ads, Malibu, Axis, Supra and Moomba had a couple ads each. I guess since Centurion didn't drop big bucks on advertising for the Magazine they didn't consider the best Surf Wave a boat can produce.

Just saying!

Just look at the brands here...They are either slipping or never had any substantial market share. All of those companies have been really stale for a lot of years, now they are throwing money at the problem, not innovation. The only real threat to Centurion in my opinion is the G series. They area some sharp boats, but Centurion is still far lower price point. 30K difference for a G23 vs Enzo 244...easy choice! Just my opinion.

MrN

Troy    234

Just look at the brands here...They are either slipping or never had any substantial market share. All of those companies have been really stale for a lot of years, now they are throwing money at the problem, not innovation. The only real threat to Centurion in my opinion is the G series. They area some sharp boats, but Centurion is still far lower price point. 30K difference for a G23 vs Enzo 244...easy choice! Just my opinion.

MrN

The G series is the only wave in the article that looked half way decent. But there would be NO way I would have one with out someone giving it to me. To Expensive and ugly in my opinion.

• Like 1