ReSession

Order UP! 2014 SV233 coming to VT!

dejoeco    59

Good question - I had thought that I read on here that most guys were saying/recommending to swap out the stock 750s with the 1100s (even though they don't fill up all the way...similar to my V226)? I'm not sure what amount of space is available once the 750 fills, I just wanted to be able to fill the locker all the way.

I also have 400 lbs of lead weight and normally run that under the mid-shop port seat, but I'll have 8 x 50 lbs to spread around as well. If I don't need the 1100s please let me know?

Also, has anyone come across a mirror that hangs down from the Aegis tower (like http://samsonsports.com/tower-accessories/wakeboard-tower-mirrors/malibu-illusion-x-xs-mirror) - I bought one of these for my Supreme and had it black powder coated and love it. HATE the windshield mirrors!

If you are getting all the available ballast from Centurion, I would not swap to the 1100. I have ridden at many tournaments and my daughter is centurion pro rider. Our wake is as good and any of them. Just a reminder that I put about 600 lbs of lead weight. We will ride with as little as two people.

NW Boat Sports    232

Call Scott at Samson, he was trying to work with Fineline to make a tower mirror, not sure how far he got. He made one for Tige that looks good, but different tower. Congrats!

Edited by NW Boat Sports

dejoeco    59

I

Good question - I had thought that I read on here that most guys were saying/recommending to swap out the stock 750s with the 1100s (even though they don't fill up all the way...similar to my V226)? I'm not sure what amount of space is available once the 750 fills, I just wanted to be able to fill the locker all the way.

I also have 400 lbs of lead weight and normally run that under the mid-shop port seat, but I'll have 8 x 50 lbs to spread around as well. If I don't need the 1100s please let me know?

Also, has anyone come across a mirror that hangs down from the Aegis tower (like http://samsonsports.com/tower-accessories/wakeboard-tower-mirrors/malibu-illusion-x-xs-mirror) - I bought one of these for my Supreme and had it black powder coated and love it. HATE the windshield mirrors!

Edited by dejoeco

ReSession    165

Again, your feedback is helping point me in the right direction. Just submitted my colors, went with the WHITE deck! And I guess you can't order the 1100's from the factory (but the dealer I'm getting it from may order them to see if they fit...if not, no need!).

Lake is frozen, thinking thawing thoughts.

Bongo Fury    640

Lake is frozen, thinking thawing thoughts.

We are thinking RAIN thoughts!

We are thinking RAIN thoughts!

And we'll be flooded in the spring when all this snow melts.. I feel for you guys, saw some pictures of the reservoirs out there recently. Very sad..

duramat    462

Re,

Please please do yourself a favor and call Justin at Custom Covers and check with him on what he has to offer for a Bimini for that tower. The last Bimini with that tower I had experience with was a POS and a joke. Don't cheat yourself on this.

Justin (801) 262-4017

Re,

Please please do yourself a favor and call Justin at Custom Covers and check with him on what he has to offer for a Bimini for that tower. The last Bimini with that tower I had experience with was a POS and a joke. Don't cheat yourself on this.

Justin (801) 262-4017

Curious as to what issue you had with the Bimini? I always thought they were quite nice.. They take a few times to get the procedure down to easily put it up/take it down but that's really with any tower Bimini. Perhaps you could elaborate?

Carter13    69

Not sure if you are getting a cover but I can highly recommend one from Cory at Evolution. My RZ2 came with one and I had two others that were Rankin's and Cory worked there before they closed up camp.

They are not cheap and will run $1000+ but there is not a better made cover out there period.

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

• Like 1

duramat    462

It didnt fold up nice and in a clean way against the tower. Ended up using some bungee cords,

To secure the tube frame to the tower. My simple trampoline style Bimini worked/s better than what it was. It should just collapse, wrap the slack, put the zip bag cover on, zip it and fold the frame work up and the buckle the strap from the bag to the tower. Piece of cake it should be,,but it wasn't.

The ones from Justin (his primo style) goes over the tower (mine doesnt....id love to change) and opens and closes in seconds an with no loss of headroom.

Hm.. thats not been my experience. Maybe something wasn't folding up right, It is easy to get bars crossed up and cause issues I suppose..? For whats it's worth, the factory biminis on the aegis and gladiator go over the tower as well.

If it was me I would still go with the 1100's. Yes they don't fill up completely but you still get about 250-300 additional pounds over the 750. I have the 1100's and also use 400 lbs of POP Products as well.

Bongo Fury    640

If it was me I would still go with the 1100's. Yes they don't fill up completely but you still get about 250-300 additional pounds over the 750. I have the 1100's and also use 400 lbs of POP Products as well.

Is it possible the lockers are different from the 233 to the 230? I for sure could not get more than I have right now. As I said...if the sack is full we have trouble closing the locker.

enzo101mo    98

Great looking boat!!!! I like he colors and the wave can't wait to see more pictures when you get it. Congrats and have many wonderful years enjoying your New boat

Is it possible the lockers are different from the 233 to the 230? I for sure could not get more than I have right now. As I said...if the sack is full we have trouble closing the locker.

I wondering the same thing about the locker size.

ReSession    165

We will test the difference between the 750 and 1100s and see if there's a reason to swap them out and report back to you...even if it's just a few hundred pounds difference I think it will be an advantage. Now I need to beat up my dealer over the perceived difference of Bimini towers!

Here's a couple shots of the Centurion Aegis tower bimini.. We don't have a boat in stock right now with an Aegis tower so I had to pull these off the web.

Top view, stowed:

fx22-top-view.png

One from Overby's site:

digi48790717_l.jpg

Deployed:

4169278_20121217103523_7_LARGE.jpg?w=640

Now here's the Sewlong Custom Covers Bimini:

P1030778.jpg

Stowed:

2014_fx_gunmetal_margarita_3.jpg

Honestly, I've never seen a tower bimini that wasn't a little bit clumsy to open and close. It's kinda the nature of the beast. The factory biminis are very high quality in both hardware and canvas, and I'm sure the Sewlong Custom Covers are as well.

My 2 cents on both:

I don't know much about the Sewlong bimini but from the pictures, it hangs way off the back of the tower when stowed. For me, it kinda kills the look of the tower. The factory bimini certainly looks cleaner. Also, I don't know whether or not the sewlong bimini is quickly/easily removed..? I know its got a big plate that is attached to the outside of the tower, though not sure how its actually mounted. One thing I like about the factory biminis are that they can be quickly removed from the tower all together. The whole unit is virtually "quick disconnect". For me personally, this is appealing because its not often that I use a bimini, so I'd likely not even have it on their for a lot of the time. Again, this is just my two cents. I don't currently know of any other alternative aftermarket bimini so if anyone does post it up.. After all, thats what these forums are about, right? We can all learn something!

Hope this was helpful..

• Like 1

ReSession    165

Based on the photo examples, I think I'm sticking with the Centurion Bimini. I've used the one on my current boat about a dozen times in the last three years. Thanks South Shore!

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

What about this hard Bimini that came out with the Aegis tower? I haven't seen much on this except when it was first introduced. Was this an option for you ReSession?

ReSession    165

It wasn't listed as an option, but I don't think I would go for it...I like the sun to shine down on my head!