I have owned it for 4 years now, the owners who had it before me where a older couple who sold the boat cause their kids went off to college, it was not cracked like this when I bought the boat, when I bought it I crawled all under the boat. The boat is in really good condition for its age even the guy at the shop said they boat dosnt even look 11years old. I could see if it was a pile of pooh and looked like it was beached and not taken care of why centurion would have a problem not wanting to fix it but that's not the case..... I hoping for the best....

duramat    462

Yikes.

Should it really matter if you're the original owner? I mean, I get it, but come on. Although, how long would it be warranty'd if you we're the original owner?

Sorry to hear your having this issue

Battle hard my friend. I don't think it would of even mattered if he was the original owner, shed weasle out of it or find a way too.

That sucks man, I wish you luck.

carzin    10

I am going to be very surprised if Centurion helps you on this. On my previous Supra, the structural warranty was transferable to the second owner. I guess that isn't the case here. I got tired of worrying about things like this which is why I just bought new on this last one. I am super sorry this is happening to your boat.

I know this experience will likely sour you towards Centurion before it is all set and finished. I think you'll likely need to pony up, get it fixed, and try to enjoy it for a long time.

enzo101mo    98

Go to Centurion's web page and see if you can download the owners manual in my manual it stated "that the orignal limited lifetime warranty is transferabile (for a minimal fee) to the second purchaser during a period of 5 years from the date of delievey to the orignal retail purchaser"

Tell them at Centurion that all the Crew memebers are hearing your store and would consider Centurion extreme boat builder if they could help you. Even if they met you half way on the cost would be wonderful.. Good luck.....

RVR-RAT    269

Battle hard my friend. I don't think it would of even mattered if he was the original owner, shed weasle out of it or find a way too.

That sucks man, I wish you luck.

Well said X2

Bongo Fury    640

Wish you all the best in getting your problem fixed and sorted out.

I honestly have to say that all my experiences with Centurion have had positive and good outcomes for me, including what I would term going beyond what I expected...... Funny thing.....just this past weekend a neighbor of mine at the lake retold me the story of how they fixed the hull of his Centurion that was over ten years old with no hassle at all. I guess everyone can have different experiences, but just wanted to share that all mine have been positive. :secret:

Bongo Fury    640

Wish you all the best in getting your problem fixed and sorted out.

I honestly have to say that all my experiences with Centurion have had positive and good outcomes for me, including what I would term going beyond what I expected...... Funny thing.....just this past weekend a neighbor of mine at the lake retold me the story of how they fixed the hull of his Centurion that was over ten years old with no hassle at all. I guess everyone can have different experiences, but just wanted to share that all mine have been positive. :secret:

....Wanted to add that the service I received from Centurion and my local dealer was a big reason I just bought a new one.

Might turn out alright guys, got off the phone with shell from centurion to told me she showed the pics to her CFO and explained to him that this is something we should take care of even tho it not under warrant anymore since I am not the original owner, he agreed with her that they need to be the ones who fix it. So they have 2 yeses and have to wait to see what the CEO and the owner have to say about it.... She also said that they would want to get the boat in right away and get it fixed since summer just started! Also said that if I did continued to use the boat and the belly did keep popping up it could punch a hole in the side of the hull. Keep your fingers crossed guys that they do fix it and if they do it won't happen again!!!!

Spud    7

Wow !!!

carzin    10

Yeah. That is outstanding. If they pull through, this is the stuff that keeps people coming back AND brings in new owners. I want this to be posted on wakeworld if Centurion follows through. You should see the issues one Malibu owner is having with a 4 year old Malibu he bought with 25 hours with no support from a company that has the number one market share.

I don't see why they would not follow through with it, both the warranty department and the CFO say yes, if the CEO and owner say no that goes to show you how they feel about customers. If it works out I will post on WW for right now I'm going to keep quiet on there.

RVR-RAT    269

Wow !!!

X2

X3

duramat    462

Awesome. Can't tell you how jealous I am. 2nd owner gets hooked up and the new boat owner got the runaround, pushed off, lied too, and shot down on his legit warranty issues only too see other boats with my issue taken care of after mine.. Well played, well played.

What's the turn around time frame?

Again awesome that they're taking care of it :thumbsup:

Its not fixed yet the owner could say no.I don't know about turn around but she said its a major repair and that's why she wanted it done at the shop. I hope not to long I have trips planned in July..... We shall see

rawinnin    73

Its not fixed yet the owner could say no.I don't know about turn around but she said its a major repair and that's why she wanted it done at the shop. I hope not to long I have trips planned in July..... We shall see

I'm keepin my fingers crossed that Centurion takes care of you!

On the trips planned I would be happier to get the hull warrantied vs the trips.

Kevin Baugh    78

That's the Shell I know! hope it all works out!!

Skibumm    184

I will also say what great customer service I have received from centurion. I had just waxed the nose of my boat (closed bow) it was about 3 years old and my brother walked out there when I told him not to. He slipped and fell right on his tush and it spider cracked the whole front end. The dealer called centurion and they agreed to fix it in the fall if I would get the boat to them. We planned the week long trip and spent five days skiing the delta and dropped it off and they fixed it like new. and shipped it back to me. Way above and beyond. We now have 5 centurions in the family and I have helped sell many boats to friends as well. Word of mouth pays off.

• Like 2