Audionly101    39

Yes thank you for the heads up on the Maxxis tires. I checked my tires after pulling the trailer for the 3rd time of the year and the Carlisle tires I put on last season are shot already. Not cool. Time to change brands.

enzo on LI    79

So I picked a brand a went for it. I work for a trailer building company and we purchase a lot of radial type trailer tires for our smaller car style trailers. For the last couple of years we have been using Goodride brand tires. Kind of a knock off of the Goodyear marathons. By the way both Goodyear and Goodride are made overseas which was a concern of mine since I am a pusher of American made. Didn't realize that about Goodyear. I talked to the manager (friend too) of the local dealer and because of my work discount I was able to get all 4 of these tires installed for about $250. Since then I have put over 1500 miles on the tires and they still look brand new. The company I work for has put these tires on over 2500 trailers in the last two years. Most of these trailers are tandem axle. That is in the neighborhood of 10,000 tires and there have only been a couple of failures that we know of. For the money I felt they were worth a try and so far I am very impressed. Just thought I should update everyone as trailer tires are a big part of getting us to the lake to do what we love.

• Like 2

Nick213    583

I just bought 4 Goodyear tires for mine $502.00 mounted.

chadr    328

Reading up on this old thread. What load range are you guys buying for your trailer? My boat is heavy and I know that I travel long distances to get to our houseboat. Really don't want tires to be the bad egg on our trip if I can help it. I don't want another DURAMAT experience to tell!

Thinking of load range D tires for it. My tires are 205/75-14 load range C. I found some on Etrailer.com here http://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-Wheels/Taskmaster/TTWTRTM2157514D.html

They are a bit bigger in size by a little bit (26.7" tall compared to 26" and about a half inch wider from whatI calculate.

They are rated at 2200 lbs each! The others I have seen are only 2060 lb rating.

Anyone know about these?

boatnut    230

I have D on new trailer my old tige had C, and it was heavier, go figure

• Like 1

Rhale    80

Chad, I would definitely run load range D.

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Just got new tires on my trailer today. They are a load rated C tire but I have a avy not a 24 foot enzo lol. I got a good year marathon hopefully they hold up to my 70-80 mph that I drive.

boatnut    230

Load range has nothing to do with speed rating, it's strictly load capacity with out heating up..... But even with LRC tires you said it was 2000 per tire? That's 8000 pounds and then tongue weight goes to the towing vehicle, I actually asked vm trailers why they put LRD tires on my trailer, because LRC would have been more then enough, their answer was because the price difference between the two tires to an OEM is about 5 bucks, and what's the point of. Keeping both in stock....

Nick213    583

I didn't say anything about the load rating having anything to do with the speed.

chadr    328

The problem I have is I drive in extreme heat all the time so my tires are hot all the time. We have blowouts constantly here. I need something that can withstand it and a heavy boat.

boatnut    230

I think volz found some that have a higher speed rating, they can handle heat much better...

• Like 1

chadr    328

I think volz found some that have a higher speed rating, they can handle heat much better...

Do you remember what brand?

boatnut    230

I can't, but I know there is a thread here somewhere... Let me see if I can find it

DarksideR    1,679

Just got new tires on my trailer today. They are a load rated C tire but I have a avy not a 24 foot enzo lol. I got a good year marathon hopefully they hold up to my 70-80 mph that I drive.

I didn't say anything about the load rating having anything to do with the speed.

Actually, you kinda did by not mentioning the speed rating and yet being concerned about the speed you drive. Obviously it just read that way to boatnut. As it's kind of how I read it too. I just hope you guys got those great Carslile trailer tires. Those thing are the best!! (Sarcasm) Edited by DarksideR

volzalum    280

It's the Kumho Radial 857. The only 14 inch speed rated trailer tires I could find.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

I didn't say anything about the load rating having anything to do with the speed.Actually, you kinda did by not mentioning the speed rating and yet being concerned about the speed you drive. Obviously it just read that way to boatnut. As it's kind of how I read it too. I just hope you guys got those great Carslile trailer tires. Those thing are the best!! (Sarcasm)

Hey dark, thanks, it's funny you mentioned carisle tires, I use them on my equipment trailers with great success... And I have marathons on enclosed trailer, also with great success..

DarksideR    1,679

Hey dark, thanks, it's funny you mentioned carisle tires, I use them on my equipment trailers with great success... And I have marathons on enclosed trailer, also with great success..

Really? Cause just about everybody including myself has had issues with them on our boat trailers! Mine had tread separation. Or belt separation. Something like that. Tire lugs were worn down every other one. But the rest of the tire looked great.

boatnut    230

Really? Cause just about everybody including myself has had issues with them on our boat trailers! Mine had tread separation. Or belt separation. Something like that. Tire lugs were worn down every other one. But the rest of the tire looked great.

I wonder if it has something to do with sitting around during the winter, as I use this trailer almoat 4 times a week, it's a beast had it since 1992, and just redid the deck for the third time :)

• Like 1

MobEnzo    51

Chad - What did you end up going with? I was looking at these taskmasters and Kenda tires on etrailer.com. Looks like the reviews are positive, but then when you read the reviews they're about etrailer and nothing about the tire...

I was going to put Goodyear Marathon on, because that's what's currently on my trailer and haven't had any issues until one blew this summer. Didn't think that was bad for the 3 years and few thousand miles I've put on. Not sure how many miles were on them when I bought it... How are yours holding up Nick?