KnuckleDragger

May Picture/Video Thread

Some of the mafia went out on my Falcon last Friday. Here's a vid of Dura, KrisKussee and me surfing Dura's new mucus for the first time. Wow, what a board!!

h20king    794
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great video looks like you got the wave dialed on both sides are you ruining any bow weight??what is the speed and blade setting??gotta love the FALCON.....................H

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great video looks like you got the wave dialed on both sides are you ruining any bow weight??what is the speed and blade setting??gotta love the FALCON.....................H

Thanks H. I use an integrated bow sac...fills to about 400lb or so from my guess. I've always felt that some bow weight helped when using the blade. We played around a little with the blade as usual. It was typically at a 1 or 2. Any higher and it didn't want to clean up...just too much rear weight with the blade and 1100 sac. Goofy side ran at a 1 most of the day and Kris liked it at a 2 on the regular side. I think my blade settings are different than yours though. I think mine has different increments because mine goes from 1-5 and yours goes from 1-7. So a 2 on mine is probably a 3 on yours. The PP was set at 12mph but I've checked it with my GPS before and it is roughly 1mph off...so gps speed would be 11mph or slightly higher.

h20king    794

I don't run a bow sack but I like to run about 250 LBS of lead up there about 200 LBS of counter ballast in the opposite side speed at 11.4 by GPS and the blade on 6 not sure why such a difference in our setups other than that with the custom sack my weight is distributed along the side as well not just in the rear corner anyways great looking wave....................H

islander033    2

:thumbsup: so jealous!

The ice has been off for around a week here and the conditions have been poor ever since.

duramat    462

I cant get enough of your vid Knuckle! :unworthy: EXCELLENT JOB MAN!!

LOL.....I just realized i have the date wrong at the beginning of my video. This wasn't taken in 2010. LOL.

Bigcatpt    408

Great video Knuck! Looks like a great surf session. Your wave is looking great on both sides.... so you really have "The Best of Both Worlds!". Great choice of music! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DrNate    426

Great video, thanks for sharing! So how does the Mucus ride differently from the Swallow or Sweet Spot?

Edited by DrNate

DarksideR    1,679

Thank you so much for posting that great video! There's so little on the net of anyone riding the Mucus, it's great to see it in action! Some cool angles of shots used in the video too. Can't wait to get my surf on!

RVR-RAT    269

Awesome video knuckle Nice looking wave on both sides :clapping:

kriskussee    9

Great video Cody! :good: But sometimes videos and pictures just can't do a day justice. Loved the wave, boards and the company (even Dura's 2 youngest boys)! I'm glad we are crazy enough to not make excuses about the water temperature and get out there and live life.

Great video, thanks for sharing! So how does the Mucus ride differently from the Swallow or Sweet Spot?

We rode the Blue Lake, Sweet Spot (wide model), Squirt and Mucus. All of them are great boards! The Blue Lake is solid, it rides high in the water, good speed down the line and rail to rail. It is forgiving and almost never pearls (with the big boy fins the speed and stability increases). The Squirt feels a lot like the Blue Lake, but just sits lowere in the water. Because of the multiple fin options it will go from tight to loose with a few twists of a screw driver. The Sweet Spot can be loose, its fast down the line, rail to rail and will spin without much effort, but it will pearl and catch an edge if you are not careful. The Mucus just put a smile on my face. An extremly fun board! Very similar feel to the Sweet Spot. Fast down the line, edge to edge and more forgiving than the Sweet Spot it almost never pearled and never caught an edge. The Blue Lake and Squirt are great starter boards and will take you through an intermediate skill level. The Sweet Spot is tough for a beginner, but once I advanced a little, I really love this board now. The Mucus will run the gamet, it's a great all around board!

BUT NONE OF THEM WORK SITTING ON A SHELF! SO GET OUT AND RIDE :surfing2:

islander033    2

BUT NONE OF THEM WORK SITTING ON A SHELF! SO GET OUT AND RIDE :surfing2:

Exactly!

h20king    794

Well the weather finally broke today so T price one of his friends and myself seized the opportunity and got out on the water to try his new and improved wave.It was a great day sure was nice to finally get back on the water.Here are a couple pics..............H

post-777-0-81971800-1305937160_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-37572400-1305937204_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

couple more

Wrong side! :thumbsup:

Great looking wave though.

LakeSurfer    10

Trevor and I headed out at 6:30 am this morning to hit the lake. I showed up at the storage place at 5:30 am to get the boat and put gas in it. Well, it was a total disaster. 1st, the guy could not get the tractor started, so I had to help him jump it. 2nd, I was out front waiting for him to bring the boat around. After waiting about 15 minutes, I walk to the back of the storage building to see whats keeping him. What I found was that (1) he had broken my Fulton F2 Jack in half and sheered the emergency braking cord in the tong of the trailer :wallbash: So the only direction he could move the boat was in reverse!!! To say the least, I was a little pissed and we were not able to hit the lake. It was 70 degrees and glass.

Note: for all of you that remember, this is also the jack that took me about 6hrs to install last summer. So I did have a little sentimental attachment to it.

post-465-0-01475500-1305984017_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-03805100-1305984026_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-58031400-1305984032_thumb.jpg

Edited by LakeSurfer

Bongo Fury    640

Lake.....that so sucks. Guess your day can't get much worse.