Troy    234

Just found this boat. What do you all think about it? Good Deal or not?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2003-cen...8721/?zmc=cfem1

Looks like the boat is in good condition. Anyone close to this dealer or know them?

Really would like a new boat but have to settle for what you can afford.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Troy

From what I remember the Eclipse was a smaller version of the Elite V C4. It is a lot smaller than a Falcon V. Seems a little high to me, with so many dealer repo boats out there.

I would suggest you give your local dealer a call and see if he can locate a Elite V or Falcon V repo for you I bet they would not be much more in cost than that boat.

Or you might want to call Fineline and ask if they know of any. Ask to speak to the rep in your area or the National Sales Manager, they should be able to help your dealer find a boat.

New boat always better than a used boat.

LakeSurfer    10

I have to agree with these guys. I would continue to look around. Here are few examples of what I would be looking for:

Used

Elite: http://www.centurioncrew.com/2005-Centurio...html#entry16155

Avy: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...html?1258897667

Lightening: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-CEN...tening-95262367

Lightening: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-Cen...HTNING-96031740

Local Dealer:

Call Charlie Angel at FunNSun in Hurst (local Centurion dealer). He knows a lot about Centurions and may be able to help you get your hands on a used one or 2007/2008 Repo.

FunNSun - 817-280-0303

Edit:

Duffy's Site is cool:

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1442916127.html

Edited by LakeSurfer

poosie    7

I agree as well to keep looking. a year ago october i picked up my 04 lightning with 160 hours in mint condition for 24,500. there are plenty of boats out there. what i found is that with the lightning and only 1 ballast built in there is alot of farting around to fill portable fat sacs ect. i would look for somthing with more factory ballast if i was to do it over. also the lightning doesnt have the full wrap around back seat which would be nice.

h20king    794

I would also have to agree we picked up a brand new08 falcon v with ballast, p.p, heat ,bimini, cover,and shower in may for 30.000 like centurion skier said there are still some dealer repos and overstock boats out there for the takeing new boat at better than used price

Troy    234

Thanks for the reply guys!

I have already talked with Charlie about a new Falcon V. We can't afford that right now at all. but if I could get a brand new Falcon V for 30K, dang I would do some scrounging to come up with the money. That is a great deal! I guess I will continue to hold off until we are better off. Still paying on the wife's car. Once that is paid off, It will be time for a new boat!!!

If you see an unbeatable deal, post it up though! It has to be V-drive and less than 23 feet long. The wider the better.

Thanks again!

Troy

P.S. Lakesurfer, What lake do you use? Love to take a ride on a Centurion some day. Never rode on a Centurion, just like their design and features the best, Plus you get more for the price.

Thanks again,

Edited by Troy

LakeSurfer    10
P.S. Lakesurfer, What lake do you use? Love to take a ride on a Centurion some day. Never rode on a Centurion, just like their design and features the best, Plus you get more for the price.

Thanks again,

We are on Lake Lewisville 95% of the time. I just winterized the boat last week, so I wont have it out until March.

Carter13    69

Troy,

The time is right now on a price for any kind of boat be it new-used repoed, or used private seller.

It isn't going to get any better than now to about Feb of 2010.

It is only going to go up after winter of 2010. That is my prediction.

elc    2

Deffenitly a tuff market if you are trying to sell your boat. I have a deposit down on a new boat but its contingent on the sale of ours.

islander033    2
Deffenitly a tuff market if you are trying to sell your boat. I have a deposit down on a new boat but its contingent on the sale of ours.

Right on! What are you gonna get?

elc    2

Well, if we sell the boat now, we have a deposit on one of the Axis team boats. We will see what happens!

duramat    462

All to funny!

Good luck with the sale!!

Troy    234

Thanks to everyone for the responses! Looks like I will just keep looking. Still paying on the car and don't want to kill the savings like that yet.

We are on Lake Lewisville 95% of the time. I just winterized the boat last week, so I wont have it out until March.

Oh yea, it is too cold for me now! LOL. I was talking about next summer maybe. We will have to wait and see. Maybe I'll have my own Centurion by then. I doubt it but never now whats going to happen. Maybe I will win the lottery! LOL

Thanks again,

Troy

Spud    7

Troy, I recommend do your research on what these guys are saying. My neighbor bought an '06 Elite V new here in CA, cheated on his wife and had to turn it to the bank. They auctioned it 16k and some change in another state and he is stuck paying the diff, if I remember correctly the tow company was from AZ or TX... anyways someone scored because his boat was mint, I never even jumped on at the lake in fear of spilling my beer (anal owner). If you could jump into a boat like that, and travel to do so you still score huge. Oh, put this in mind it also had less than 60 hrs on it, not even enough for the initial basic service... :Rockon:

WakeDoc    471
If you could jump into a boat like that, and travel to do so you still score huge.

I 2ND that, our last boat came from Discovery Bay, California. We took off from Houston and met the owner in El Paso, Texas to pick it up. Drove 12 hrs. each way back to back and got a smoking deal for doing it, well worth the trip.

Side note, yes Texas is that BIG, 12 hour drive and still in the state... :Rockon:

Troy    234

Well we took everyone's advice. The owner of the boat still owed more than he was asking for the boat. I was going to offer in the mid teen's until I heard he owed more than he was asking. Still keeping my eyes open. I have our boat winterized, and I bought a tool to remove the outdrive and do my own allignments. So it will probably be another year before we are in a different boat. I hate being broke!

Edited by Troy

duramat    462

No worries bro!! I hear ya on the poor part! Stick around and keep participating. You'll have a Centurion before too long.