islander033    2

It may or may not depend on the dealer that you are going through for how good your warranty experience is.

duramat    462

Dealer is part of it, however my dealer is getting the run around as well. And my my current experience is getting old. Very old

I did not buy a used boat cause I did not want somebodys elses hidden/open problems. I bought what I thought was a good product and had support not only from my dealer but the company as well. I expect my legit warranty issues to be addressed and fixed as they should be. I left a message with Shell to call me back and I have heard nothing. My boat has been at the dealers since end of September and were now into January of the next year.

For Rick at centurion and others there: There are many here who are your biggest supporters for the Centurion product, many of us did not buy a nice boat and spend hard earned cash to simply get the run-around and rejected for legit Warranty issues. I have made calls through my dealer, myself and nothing is working. I am asking politely, again. I know of a few that have had to resort using letter of attourneys to get the ball rolling, which I shouldn't have to nor do I want to. So my question now is, what's my next avenue?

I sure Centurion (Rick and them) follow this site, after all it's dedicated to their product, there clientell and future clientell as well.

LakeSurfer    10
Dealer is part of it, however my dealer is getting the run around as well. And my my current experience is getting old. Very old

I did not buy a used boat cause I did not want somebodys elses hidden/open problems. I bought what I thought was a good product and had support not only from my dealer but the company as well. I expect my legit warranty issues to be addressed and fixed as they should be. I left a message with Shell to call me back and I have heard nothing. My boat has been at the dealers since end of September and were now into January of the next year.

For Rick at centurion and others there: There are many here who are your biggest supporters for the Centurion product, many of us did not buy a nice boat and spend hard earned cash to simply get the run-around and rejected for legit Warranty issues. I have made calls through my dealer, myself and nothing is working. I am asking politely, again. I know of a few that have had to resort using letter of attourneys to get the ball rolling, which I shouldn't have to nor do I want to. So my question now is, what's my next avenue?

I sure Centurion (Rick and them) follow this site, after all it's dedicated to their product, they clientell and future clientell as well.

Sorry to hear that. This is definitely not how it should be. My actually claims to Centurion have been minor. The biggest issue I had was a fuel pump and I believe Mercruiser fixed that directly.

islander033    2

I sure Centurion (Rick and them) follow this site, after all it's dedicated to their product, they clientell and future clientell as well.

I feel your pain duramat! I also bought my boat brand new. I've had non-critical cosmetic issues for almost a year now. I have tried similar channels as you and am getting tired of being ignored by the powers that be. I can't even get a response from them on transferring the hull warranty on my 07 Enzo, where as I am trying to give them money not the other way around...lol.

I'm hoping that the recent dealership change in my area will get my issues addressed soon. Otherwise, I too will be looking for new avenues.....which I don't want to do.

WakeDoc    471

I really hate to hear this, I have had nothing but, great service from both our dealer Texas Sport Boats and Centurion. Times are tough right now hopefully with the economy turning for the better and everyone not being spread so thin, the issues at hand will be worked out and have everyone ready for the water come summer, which begins in about a month for us... :p

rammer998    0

I too have the same problem( non-critical cosmetic issues for a couple of years now). I have the cracks in my boat and have not done anything about it. I sure am not going to drive from Canada to California for it. 2.5 day round trip just to drop it off and then still have to pick it up. I did try and get some some warranty issues dealt with (a few years ago) and got the run around from a dealership in the Vancouver area. Since then, I see a new Centurion dealer has opened so I gather the other place no longer sells Centurions.

I wont even deal with the local dealer here. The building they are in doesnt even have a bay to work in, they work outside. You look at the other boat dealers, they have nice big buildings with showrooms and bays to work in and the Centurion dealer is a hole in the wall. Its like they give a dealer to whoever wants one. I guess it just depends on what part of the country you live in. Its a shame.

h20king    794

rammer im with you i to wont deal with my local dealer as they to are a hole in the wall no service bay and new boats are stored out side.I live in oregon and it seams to raine eight months a year.after reading this i shure hope i dont have any waranty work needed all the small things i handle myself as are season is short and i dont have time to waste.

Fernslinger    0
I have the same problem with my vinyl and the same cracks. I've had other problems with my boat and Centurion has not been easy to deal with. My dealer has worked on my behalf but I'm amazed at how poor Centurion's customer service is, particularly Shell. She is abrasive and could give a crap about you and your boat. Good luck. You will find a common theme as you read other posts.

Odd, Shell has been super helpful and extremely nice to me and my family. I am super happy with Centurion's customer service.

dsw    1

Odd for me too. I have not had any problems with my dealer (Galleon Marine) or Centurion with any of my warranty issues. Centurion has even sent me a part for free which I cracked off by mistake - potentiometer (forgive the spelling) - the small dial that fine tunes the speedo.

The part was only available from Faria with a speedo. Trish at Galleon called Shell looking for the part. No luck it is only part of a package - but Shell said she would have someone have a look around the shop floor. Less than two weeks later, without any warning it arrived via courier. Of course, I have also had other work done at the dealer, some warranty and some maintenance. All of the interactions thus far have been positive and I have nothing but good things to say about Centurion and my dealer.

rammer998    0

I have no complaints about Shell. She has been great to me. Its the dealers that I have had troubles with.

I did a dealer search on the webiste and I see the closest dealer to the Okanagan is in Wenatchee, WA. Guess the hole in the wall in Kelowna got the axe. Also did a search in the Vancouver area for a dealer and Breakwater Marine is now a dealer and Galleon doesnt come up. Regardless, the closet dealer in Canada to me is 4.5hrs away

Maybe I should open up at dealership

I have no complaints about Shell. She has been great to me. Its the dealers that I have had troubles with.

I did a dealer search on the webiste and I see the closest dealer to the Okanagan is in Wenatchee, WA. Guess the hole in the wall in Kelowna got the axe. Also did a search in the Vancouver area for a dealer and Breakwater Marine is now a dealer and Galleon doesnt come up. Regardless, the closet dealer in Canada to me is 4.5hrs away

you know how you make a million in the marine industry

you start with 2 million

Fernslinger    0

Picked up the boat and trailer Friday. V/M repainted the fenders and it looks good as new now. Fineline fixed all the gelcoat cracks and buffed the whole boat out for my. It looks better than when I bought it. They also replaced all the vinyl throughout the boat. They did an excellent job and the new vinyl is better quality than what originally was in the boat.

Shell met me @ the factory on Friday even though it was her day off...how is that for customer service? Overall everything turned out great! Cant wait to get it back out on the water!

h20king    794

Glad everything worked out and centurion is back to operating like a family again

Troy    234
Picked up the boat and trailer Friday. V/M repainted the fenders and it looks good as new now. Fineline fixed all the gelcoat cracks and buffed the whole boat out for my. It looks better than when I bought it. They also replaced all the vinyl throughout the boat. They did an excellent job and the new vinyl is better quality than what originally was in the boat.

Shell met me @ the factory on Friday even though it was her day off...how is that for customer service? Overall everything turned out great! Cant wait to get it back out on the water!

That is GREAT! I am glad everything worked out!!! Stories like that makes me glad I purchased a Centurion. Post up some pics of how everything turned out.

Sporty    4

Last summer I was at Boathouse Marine in Salmon Arm (Shuswap) They had new Enzo's on the lot and brochures inside. They must be a dealer. They have a nice service department.

I think the same guy owns a dealership in Kelowna as well??

duramat    462

Fern, I can't tell ya how happy I am for you and I am JEALOUS!

My experience with Shell has been piss poor. I called the new dealer to start the ball rolling on my issues. Dealer sent email to Shell, Shell sends email back, then forwarded to me, still rejecting my vinyle and all of the sudden my stress cracks are new news to her and she had no knowledge about it. Shell never called me back after multiple calls and messages. She did finally take my call and I tried being nice and she flat out rejected my claims and couldn't care less. What's funny about my last conversation with her is she still claimed she had no info on my cracks. I asked her did she really think my dealer would sit on my boat in their lot for the last 5 months just for the fun of it, and not to play that game with me. All the sudden her selective memory kicks in and tells me they're gel coat cracks! ROTF COMPLETE BS I do not care for dishonest people nor do I have use for them, As far as Im concerened she is, I will no longer deal with her.

I do feel sorry for the position she's in, but bottom line, you can't get solve problems by simply ignoring people and don't call people back and discuss and try and get an understanding to go fom there. Lying is bad for business. And it won't work with me period. I half wonder if there's flashing warning lights that go off everytime my numbers flash up on the caller I.D.

Currently working with someone else, and I can't say enough good about him and the efforts he's taken to hear me out and listen to me, call me back, and give me updates on our progress.

I like the product, I love the boats. I push for this brand cause of it's performance and abilities. I just wish the factory would make the same commitment to it's product, otherwise they have failed their product.

Edited by duramat

desotodave    0

From what I hear the Gelcoat cracking issue is really turning into a gremlin for Centurion. I know several people who have had theirs fixed, so it seems that they have created an implicit warranty by doing some boats. The problem as I understand it is some boats when they drilled holes for screws etc, the person doing this did not take the extra 10 seconds to ream the hole so it would not crack. My boat is fine, but I have seen others with tons of cracks. If your boat does not have cracks you may want to unscrew all plates etc that go throught he gelcoat and ensure that the holes are beveled. I did this after I heard about others problems, found several holes that needed work. Could save you a big headache.

h20king    794

Dave good point I did the same with my boat I went in to it knowing boat builders are not held to the same standard as auto makers.When I bought the boat I towed It home did my own service and pdi and addressed any issues missed by the factory and the dealer before I ever even put it in the water.the gel cracks are more than likely caused by someone at the factory mixing the gell with the hardener at the wrong ratio.The other typical gel cracks found are around the tower on side mounted units the boats are rounded and most mounting plates are flat the tower gets installed with a rubber gasket behind the mount to take up the gap but is inadequate and will always crack with time

duramat    462

Dave that has been an issue on my boat with them not reaming out their holes. I had one crack down underneath at the strut/shaft holder thingamabobber from someone not doing their job and skipped the reaming/smoothing they should have done. They did waranty and fix that crack the year prior. Its getting them to do these new ones thats the problem.

Fernslinger    0
From what I hear the Gelcoat cracking issue is really turning into a gremlin for Centurion. I know several people who have had theirs fixed, so it seems that they have created an implicit warranty by doing some boats. The problem as I understand it is some boats when they drilled holes for screws etc, the person doing this did not take the extra 10 seconds to ream the hole so it would not crack. My boat is fine, but I have seen others with tons of cracks. If your boat does not have cracks you may want to unscrew all plates etc that go throught he gelcoat and ensure that the holes are beveled. I did this after I heard about others problems, found several holes that needed work. Could save you a big headache.

All of my cracks did not involve any screw holes...Maybe this is why there was no issue getting it fixed under warranty?