Fernslinger    0

I bought a leftover 2007 T5 brand new in May of 2008. I got a great deal at the time and have had no issues with the boat. There are a few minor items that have come up as of late and wondered if they are covered under warranty.

1. The fiberglass seems to be developing stress cracks in several spots. The corners around the glove box and where the windshield ends are some of the locations. Is this normal? I will get pics this weekend.

2. There are some discolorations that are developing on several spots in the vinyl. Pics to follow.

3. The fenders on my trailer are rusting. The area surrounding the diamond plate is all bubbled up where there is obvious corrosion under there. Pics to follow.

How much of this stuff is normal and which is not? Also what is covered under warranty? Thanks guys!

Edited by Fernslinger

Top    0

I doubt they will do anything about the trailer.....

Kevin Baugh    78

The Trailer manufacturer is responsible for the trailer.

You need to get it to you dealer ASAP!

duramat    462

Fern, good post

Mine is an 07 elite and what I have and have had is anywhere where a hole was drilled or cut out they didnt sand/ream it smooth so stress cracks in the gell have spidered off from there. My dealer has fixed one of them and he will be taking care of around my vents as I have some beginning.

your vinyle, let me guess. you have a black sunbrella cover and it get really hot and anywhere there is a stress point on the vinyle (bends) your getting a burnt orange/brownish color there. If you leave the cover off then it dissapears. However,, your vinyle is starting to feel dried out and harder even though youve sprayed tons and tons of conditioner on it from the beginning? I called shell and talked to her about my issuees with it and the short replay was not her problem and take it up with the cover people. Ive taken it to my dealer and thankfully theyve managed to get an acknowledgement that there were some boats that got a bad lot from the vinyle manufacturer with the way the dye is injected to the vinyl, in short the vinyle manufacturer is going to take care of my vinyle. Ive been told that they just want to replace the affected skins. My question is,,,,shouldnt I have all of it replaced regardless? Obviously there are some others that have had this come up so because ive been told there have been some with the same issues.

I too am haviing rust beginning around the diamond plating on the trailer. Kev is this normally a warranty issue the dealer should fight for on our behalf seeming we bought it from the dealer?? I geuss another call may be in order.

Im still happy with my boat and the continued support from my dealer helps me with my sanity with the little things that come up.

orange avy    0

I was able to call boatmate and they replaced my fenders for free long as it is with in a year of purchase .

Kevin Baugh    78

I also had my fenders replaced on my 05 boatmate trailer for the same reason.

IT looks like Fern is from CA so I assume his boat came from the CA plant.

If so he would not have a Boatmate trailer

Fernslinger    0

My cover is not black, but grey. I will post pictures to get your opinions.

The consensus is to call the trailer manufacturer? I will give them a ring...

What about all the cracks? My local dealer sucks, so I am not relishing the thought of going to them. Is this under warranty?

MANDC    0

Call Owen at Boatmate and im sure he will help. Without going into specifics I had a problem with my trailer and they ended up replacing my entire trailer.

They really know what customer service is about.

duramat    462

Fern, I would try again with the dealer and with Fineline and keep addressing the issue of the cracks. I believe that to be part of the warantee.

MANDC thats awesome!

NOSZED    0

hull is supposed to be lifetime warranty.

Kevin Baugh    78

The hull is a lifetime the gelcoat is a one year warranty if you are still in the first year of a new

boat warranty get on it ASAP

If it is a Boatmate trailer Owen will take care of the problem

Edited by Kevin Baugh

Carter13    69

Is the hull lifetime warranty to the original owner only?

Fernslinger    0

I am the original owner and I think it is the fiberglass cracking, not the gelcoat. I will call my dealer and escalate to Fineline if I get nowhere.

Fernslinger    0

I took pictures then the wife took the camera to work <_< As you can see the rust is getting pretty bad. This is a west coat boat so the trailer is made by V/M Custom Boat Trailers. Should I go directly to them?

I will have the dealer look at the cracks and vinyl issues.

Cracks:

912009153.jpg

912009154.jpg

912009155.jpg

Vinyl discoloration:

912009157.jpg

Trailer rust:

912009158.jpg

912009159.jpg

912009160.jpg

Kevin Baugh    78

"This is a west coat boat so the trailer is made by V/M Custom Boat Trailers. Should I go directly to them?"

VM is who will cover the warranty either you or the dealer could call them I would be tempted to just call VM myself.

Don't mess around waiting get this claim in ASAP so you don't get caught with your warranty running out

Edited by Kevin Baugh

enzo101mo    98

Fern: If the dealer won't help you Here is Centurion No. to Call 209-384-0255 the address is 2047 Grogan Ave Merced, CA. Somebody there should get the info for you to make the right contacts. I have been in the factory in Merced where they were repairing Hull problem. Our boats are built into sections and this could be a stress problem accuring.

Fernslinger    0

Thanks for the info. My local dealer has all the info and is supposed to get back to me. I will escalate if I get nowhere with them.

duramat    462

Kev, how long are them trailer waranties?

Fern, mine is identical to your problem

Kevin Baugh    78

No idea about VM trailers but this is off the Boatmate web site

Boatmate Trailers, LLC

5 yr Limited Boat Trailers Warranty.

Warranty Period

The warranty covers the original boat manufacture, boat dealer, and retail boat/trailer consumer. The warranty shall be effective for a period of 5 years from the date of manufacturing.

As a condition precedent to this warranty, the Original Retail Purchaser must notify Boatmate Trailers, LLC at 1713 Henry G. Lane, Maryville, TN 37801 via our on line registration at www.boatmatetrailers.com or mail the completed warranty registration card attached to your certificate of origin within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. Failure to comply with this notification, within the time period, will relieve Boatmate Trailers, LLC from any responsibility under this warranty.

Coverage

Boatmate Trailers, LLC warrants the trailers for a period of 5 years which includes the following parts and components to be free from defects in materials and workmanship when used under normal conditions for manufactured purpose, and provided proper care has been taken: frame assembly, tongue assembly, bow / winch stand assembly, roller assemblies, and bunk assemblies.

All other manufactured accessories and/or components shall be covered by the manufacturer of the product for at least one year or more as determined by their warranty limitations. This includes but not limited to: axles, hubs, springs, brakes, actuators, coupler, lights, jacks, winches, rollers, engineered wiring harness, wheels and tires.

Exclusions

Boatmate Trailers, LLC Limited Warranty does not cover the costs of damage caused by normal wear and tear or caused by environmental factors. Environmental factors include, such as, chemicals, salt, salt spray, contact with hazardous materials. "Acts of Nature", include such things as hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning, or flooding. The warranty does not apply to damage caused by abuse, negligence, (including improperly tightening lug nuts and bolts), lack of maintenance, vandalism, corrosion, improper storage, overloading, and unauthorized repairs. Salt water use of non galvanized trailers will void this warranty. Due to the highly corrosive condition a trailer is exposed to, rust formation is not covered. The warranty does not apply to any statement or representations, or warranties given by dealers or other third persons other than those provided herein. The Boatmate Trailers, LLC Warranty does not cover incidental or consequential damages connected with the failure of your trailer under warranty. Such damages include: lost time, the cost of a rental trailer, gasoline, travel or lodging, loss of personal or commercial property, or loss of revenue. The Boatmate Trailers, LLC Warranty will not apply to any altered or modified trailer. The Boatmate Trailers, LLC Warranty does not apply to the use of the manufacture's product in a commercial application without the expressed written consent of Boatmate Trailers, LLC.

Warranty Claim

It's the owner's responsibility to notify Boatmate Trailers, LLC or the dealer within fifteen (15) days after discovery to effect corrective action required under this warranty only after written authorization from Boatmate Trailers, LLC. Contact directly to Boatmate Trailers, LLC may be made by phone (865) 273-1100 or email us.

Laws Governing

In addition to the provisions of the this warranty, the original owner has available the legal remedies provided by the Magnuson ñ Moss Warranty Act, 15 U. S. C. 2301 et seq. This Warranty is designed and intended to fully comply with the requirements of the Magnuson ñ Moss Warranty Act should any provision of this warranty be held not to comply , however, the remaining provisions of this Warranty shall remain in full force and effect.