Jake707    171

Ok I did a quick search but didn't see anything comparing the two of these. Im looking to see what the major differences are, assuming the year ranges are the same of course. From what I can see the SV is a traditional shaped bow while the FS is more pickle fork. Is one a more cabin forward design while the other is more bow space, freeboard the same, surfing the same etc?

if there is a topic on this already sorry but I didn't find one and just curious, not really in a position to buy either but would like to know which I would prefer when/if that time ever comes.

h20king    794

Fs is a small bow large cabin with extra free board. Sv depends on what you are looking at for example a sv233 will be small bow large cabin but a sv 230 or 240 will have a larger bow and a standard cabin 

Edited by h20king

LKASurfing    53

The rear "cabin" areas of the boat are the same size from 23 -24

FS hulls have a higher freeboard than that of the SV

The amount of Ramfill Ballast is significantly more in the FS line

As you mentioned the bows are different

They have completely different wave shapes however. 

InfinitySurf    302

I did not know that the FS had more Ramfill than SV. I understand my 2014 SV244 has 2500lbs of Ramfill, what is the difference in weight (or gallons) with the FS44?

Jake707    171

Right on fellas. I def like the forward cabin style better since that to me is the main party area, the bow is more of just a chill in the cove area for us or kids.

So the FS33 and FS44 have the same cabin space just a foot is added to the bow?

I didn't realize the SV and FS had different hulls, so they are entirely different boats altogether, I thought the it was just a freeboard and bow design difference. That makes more sense then. But how would a FS have more freeboard and more subfloor ballast?

stoked    1,039
17 hours ago, Jake707 said:

Right on fellas. I def like the forward cabin style better since that to me is the main party area, the bow is more of just a chill in the cove area for us or kids.

So the FS33 and FS44 have the same cabin space just a foot is added to the bow?

I didn't realize the SV and FS had different hulls, so they are entirely different boats altogether, I thought the it was just a freeboard and bow design difference. That makes more sense then. But how would a FS have more freeboard and more subfloor ballast?

You answered your own question. More freeboard is more space for ballast. 

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

I find myself putting 2-400 pound bags above, one on the floor and one on the seat when surfing my SV233. Some don’t but I do. Just an FYI. 

InfinitySurf    302

Just did a little more digging and see one listing where it lists the FS44 with 3000lbs of Ramfill, so seems it does have about 500lbs more of Ramfill, and from the pics, definately more freeboard than my SV244

lovetosurf    48

FS33 and 44 definitely do not have the same cabin space, the 44 is noticeably longer inside. The FS33 is still a great all round boat, storage space, freeboard, ride, wave etc... you can’t go wrong, especially if you can find a 16’ with the upgraded motors.

Nick213    583

Love my sv244, huge cabin great wave and effortless to set up just hit surf regular or surf goody and it does everything on its own while we b.s. and drink a beer. It's ready to surf before the beer is gone. I have a 13 so no ramfill or cats but it puts out a great wave stock and an even better wave with the 500# of lead I have in the rear lockers.

Jake like H said the sv233 and 244 have a larger cabin and smaller bow the sv230 and 240 have a more traditional cabin and bigger bow. I.e. The 233 and 244 have about the same cabin size as the fs models. The cabin forward design gives it a way bigger feel inside. 

• Like 1

Darkside    248

My dealer still has a 2016 FS44 NEW!  Fully loaded downfire,  550, etc.   You could likely get it in the low 90's.  They want it gone!  

InfinitySurf    302

Slightly off topic but maybe not considering above post.... but does anyone know exactly how the "dealer territory" thing work. Is that only for current new and custom ordered boats....and once its a new "leftover" (since 2018 is current boat, you could get a new 2016/2017 leftover from someone else), or used boat.... you can legit buy from wherever you want without fear of repercussion to the selling dealer? I know dealer relationship is important and i am firm believer in that, I ask because I have done my due diligence and pricing is significantly different, guessing cause one is a volume dealer and the other is not yet since Centurion is still not as well known on the East Coast.

Since it would be a new leftover, you gotta register the warranty and it would be obvious that I bought "out of territory" and just wonder how Fineline would view that even if dealers were cool with it? When my boat was bought as a new leftover (2014 bought new in March of 2015)...there was not a local Centurion dealer so it did not matter. Now there is a local dealer tho. I can still get a MUCH better deal buying from somewhere else as I had an RI237 and FI23 priced to me locally in the fall of this year and the price was not that great compared to a couple other places within a few hundred miles of me, I checked with place my current boat was bought from and they were about $10k less when it came down to nuts/bolts. I don't want to piss anyone off and obviously would have to work with local dealer on any warranty issues, but when there is a $10k difference in price, its a pretty big deal and a deciding factor on whether or not I will pull the trigger and upgrade. Have been thinking about how to handle this, if I am upfront with local dealer I figure 1 of 2 things will happen. 1). They will match the price and all will be good (best case senario) OR, 2). they refuse to budge on price and if I show up with new boat months later for warranty/service, they will do all they can to make trouble for me and the selling dealer claiming it was sold out of territory! 

If I did that, it would almost certainly be a new, leftover model from the year before and why I am asking. Buying a leftover last time saved me the 1st years, worst depreciation hit and makes sense to me for future upgrade purchase since I don't feel the need to pick every option and have it "perfect" for me. Anyone have knowledge on this subject, should I start a new thread?

Darkside    248

I would think 2016's are fair game.   Especially with no longer produced models like SV/FS.  Would possibly become more sensitive with RI/FI.  

Your dealer should also be open to realistic negotiations.  

luluzer    50

So went thru a similar situation last winter as your question @InfinitySurf, i was told that if i pre-ordered a new boat then i could only do so thru my local dealer. Otherwise, any dealer can sell you a boat ( new or otherwise) once it hits their lot. Warranty will transfer even if you buy a the demo model the dealer used to land other suckers. Hope this info helps

InfinitySurf    302

@luluzerGood to know, thanks. Who gave you that information, wonder if I should just call Fineline and get it from the horses mouth?

luluzer    50

Both Century Marine and Boardco directed me to my local dealer (Mattas Marine) when i was looking into preordering a new boat. Mattas gave up selling Supremes so Boardco was able to preorder that line but not centurions. i ended going with Boardco's ri217 demo from the year before. It did come w ith the full 5 year warranty. Not sure your budget but Boardco has a 2015 SV244 asking 75.

Good luck with your decision.

Jake707    171
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:42 AM, stoked said:

You answered your own question. More freeboard is more space for ballast. 

I must not understand freeboard correctly then. I thought it was basically the floor of the interior to the top of the side rail. So my thinking would be you didn't raise the floor just the side walls really so no additional subfloor space would have been added.

Jake707    171

Nick/H yall are killing me and my bank account haha. I wasn't really in a position to buy anything new just wanted to open up a discussion I hadn't really seen and was wondering about since It gets a bit boring in here during the winter months....... but dammit now Im looking at what moves I can possible make to make it work out haha

• Haha 1