carguy79ta

BOUGHT AN RI 257 !

cripper    8

One other thing for you guys- this May be a stupid question but I am assuming that my new boat has dripless shaft seal right? I tried to get down there with flashlight on phone and couldn't get a 100% clear view....I did see what I assume was the water supply line going under vdrive which would be correct routing but couldn't lay my eyes on actual log/seal if it does is it the OJ shaft seal? Or PSS?

Thanks for any replies

Darkside    248

Mine came in Wednesday but I am not taking delivery until next week.

You should be able to get plugs from wakemakers.com, they are awesome to deal with!

I personally plan to keep the bag in mine AND add 250# of lead to each corner. I typically run a small crew, and my youngest is 17, so I don't have the same concerns that some of you have. We will have 2 boards up top on the Bimini and the racks hold 4 more, if I need more space I will have a second set of slots added to the Bimini. BTW the PTM clamping racks are the shiznit, if you haven't had them before. I had 4 of them on my Malibu, I do not hesitate putting $1000 Soulcraft in them. They are expensive, but worth every penny!

I will use the rear locker to store boards during transit to and from the lake, but not while we are on the water.

Edited by Darkside

carguy79ta    67

Darkside way to go. 6050 lbs ballast. how is the lead packaged? did you get 4 of the clamping racks? the fixed upper ones might interfere with docking at a resturant slip. was my thoughts anyway.

carguy79ta    67

one other note: I talked to the dealer and he said the surf prop is a 16" dia x 13" pitch. propshaft is 1.25" so we are home free on strength and if a 17 will fit with clearance to gelcoat that will be an upgrade option for sure. a 17 might not be required tho. but I told my dealer I will be fully ballasted all the time pushing 13000 to 14000 lbs when surfing. which will be 95% of the time of our usage. he said yeah get the surf prop. I asked him for the prop no. but don't have it yet.

DrNate    426

Holy Moly those PTM clamping board racks are $4K :sweat::sweat:

lovetosurf    48

Somebody please spend an extra 4K and throw a surf blade(switchblade) on your 257! Can only image what kind of wave it would throw with those rub rails submerged!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkside    248

one other note: I talked to the dealer and he said the surf prop is a 16" dia x 13" pitch. propshaft is 1.25" so we are home free on strength and if a 17 will fit with clearance to gelcoat that will be an upgrade option for sure. a 17 might not be required tho. but I told my dealer I will be fully ballasted all the time pushing 13000 to 14000 lbs when surfing. which will be 95% of the time of our usage. he said yeah get the surf prop. I asked him for the prop no. but don't have it yet.

I only ordered one pair this time. They are stupid expensive, and I didn't use 2nd set frequently enough to justify the $$$. The first pair absolutely, worth every penny, but not 1 pairs.

A 17" prop would easily fit, no issues with Gel or trailer clearance. I am going to try the 16x13, and if it works well, then I am not going to change anything. However if it struggles or is running over 4000 RPM I will try a 17x15, 17x17 or 17x20 all 3 are readily available.

I will be much more inclined to add a 3rd/4th slot to the Bimini before adding more racks.

Lead placement is going to be a trial and error thing for a while. I have (20) 50# bags to disburse. So I plan to start 250 rear, 150 center, 100 bow, on each side. I will start adjusting from there. Who knows where the final positions will end up. I do know wave will be SIC though!

wheels    151

With the 1.72 gear ratio I think the only 17" prop that would work would be the 17x15 any of the others you would be pitched to high and lose toque.

NW Boat Sports    232

The 16 X 13 is a beast with the supercharged motor, ran 3100 RPM's at surf speed, little lead, 4 people in the boat. Only 40 MPH top speed but it gets there really fast!

Darkside    248

Then the H6 should be 36-3700 at surf speed. I can live with that! Top speed is irrelevant to me. A 17x15 would likely get you down into the 31-3200 range. Not sure with H6, but LSA would guzzle fuel over 3500 RPM.

carguy79ta    67

thanks for the lead info Darkside. never used it before but will consider it in my quest for the ultimate wave. it would be awesome to be able to surf 2 200lb riders at a time. me and my sons could prolly do it. I would be the back guy.

Darkside    248

I don't think your gonna have an issue surfing 2 guys.... I am going to be a good test as I am 6'2" and 300#.

carguy79ta    67

well Darkside go for it. post up a vid. I'm stoked for you and the rest of us who have one on order! is the weather where you are warm enough for surfing or is it wet/drysuit temps?

Lak3surf3r    714

thanks for the lead info Darkside. never used it before but will consider it in my quest for the ultimate wave. it would be awesome to be able to surf 2 200lb riders at a time. me and my sons could prolly do it. I would be the back guy.

That will be easily done with the 257. We've done it several times on both port and starboard with two 200lb riders on my 237 and also the Hudsons 237. His was stock weight and mine only had an extra 300# of lead.

Lak3surf3r    714

I don't think your gonna have an issue surfing 2 guys.... I am going to be a good test as I am 6'2" and 300#.

Joe if you need any help tuning or some extra body weight, ill bring you a pro rider coach (my wife won 4th in the world last year) gas money and beer. I dont work thursdays thru sundays, and the wife only works boat shows and demos right now ;)

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 1

luluzer    50

Darkside, where's the video? Is your mind officially blown?

Darkside    248

Darkside, where's the video? Is your mind officially blown?

I wish i had some, I haven't taken delivery yet. Hopefully Wednesday is the day. Then we have some orientation, as we are new to Centurion, and that pesky break in period. I will likely do a quick set on Wednesday then hopefully a full set on Saturday. At least that is the plan right now.

Darkside    248

Right now wateris low 60's. Air is supposed to be in the 80's this weekend

Edited by Darkside