carguy79ta

BOUGHT AN RI 257 !

carguy79ta    67

Back story: after I surfed an M235 malibu last fall,I started investigating different surf boats that weren't malibu. the M235 was good but I wasn't happy with fill/empty times and and it didn't have a mirror just a 5 inch screen for a rear view camera among other things. I have a '15 A22 that put I about 4k ballast in. it does well but I wanted more. so I found Centurion and determined they were what I wanted, performance and price. I wasn't interested in a G2anything. so I demoed a 2016 Ri237 .. also for the 237 guys the 14.5in prop on the 16 237 had about 1.5" clear to the gelcoat. you could prolly put a 15" prop on it and still have an inch of clearance. I put 8 vids on youtube.. and figured if this was good the 257 would be great. so I have been thinking and pondering for 4 months and pulled the trigger today! see the color schemes below

EXTERIOR: http://bit.ly/2lYtiPB

INTERIOR: http://bit.ly/2lYyYJu

• Like 3

Fivebar2    176

Congrats!! When will you take delivery? Can't wait to get mine!!

luluzer    50

Carguy, sat on a 257 today - they are a work of art, inside and out!!!! Congrats on you purchase, beautiful scheme you choose also. Enjoy the new wave. Rumor is Centurions rule the lake

wheels    151

Congrats, malibu lost another!

• Like 1

carguy79ta    67

yeah I believe Centurions do rule the lake. with the draft, dry weight, ballast capacity, fuel tank, you are looking at 12000 lbs. if the 257 weighs 7200 like one of the dealers on here thinks then we are looking at 13000 lbs with out stepping onto the boat or one frosty beverage sitting in the cooler. We will know the delivery date next week. one thing I am going to investigate is putting a 17" prop. also addnl ballast can be added "to simulate additional passengers" how many times have we seen that in videos? 5550 lbs cap plus 18 people = Awesome!

Fivebar2    176

From what I've heard from very reputable sources is that the 257 needs nothing except you and your surf board! Very excited to get out on one in the very near future!!

Bawshogg    77

Yup. Punch a few buttons and ride. That was my expierience . Longest most powerful wave I've been on .

carguy79ta    67

so the extra large Bimini is above the rope attachment point? otherwise the Bimini would interfere with the surf rope

Fivebar2    176

Didn't know there was an option for an extra large Bimini.

Bawshogg    77

Yes, it's the FCTV3 from Sewlong/Boardco.

Looks pretty cool,.......but OUCH! Pricing online is 3800 bucks I think , I imagine that price is higher from Fineline.

I want one , but I'm not sure I can justify it for 4000 bucks.

post-4818-0-53760800-1487533759_thumb.png

Edited by Bawshogg

Fivebar2    176

Ok I didn't realize it was from sewlong. I've heard nothing but great things about them but I know I can't justify 4K for it.

carguy79ta    67

it is 3300 as an option. wondering if the upgrade (about 1700) from the normal Bimini is worth it. you guys think it is, right? I can still change my order..

Fivebar2    176

I have heard nothing but great things about the Bimini from sewlong. If I kept my boats longer I would strongly consider it. It would be a nice option to provide a little more shade.

Darkside    248

In AZ Century has been offering that on all the RI models. It is a necessity, when you have that much interior and AZ summers.

That is a beautiful color combo! Congrats on the new ride! My wife finally got to see one on Friday, she loved it. She was OK with 237, but didn't really like it. The 257 though, took things to a new level.

CO Surfer    289

Call SewLong directly. I bought mine on my SV last year for $2,000. Same part number.

carguy79ta    67

good pic Bawshogg, I guess the rope attachment point does not interfere with the rope? when surfing or boarding? I guess not.