enzo101mo

Centurion's Line for 2017

Carter13    69

My brother-in-law's dad just bought a '16 Z3. He got is for $86k OTD. It's a nice boat. My '07 Avy wave blows the stock Z3 out of the water though!

Stock Z3 blows to your modified Avy? I have no dog in the fight since I sold my 12 RZ2 last summer but having an 05 AVY C4 I gotta call BS bud. I found very little difference with push and how clean the wave was between my two boats and both were loaded up heavy.

Harold,

You have been on Ragboy's Z3 and Anthony420's older Slammed non C4 AVY. Which has the better push/cleaner wave?

DarksideR    1,679

Sounds like Carter needs some ice for his arse...

They're just personal opinions bud. Takes time to dial in some boats, maybe that Z3 wasn't yet.

Carter13    69

They're just personal opinions bud. Takes time to dial in some boats, maybe that Z3 wasn't yet.

Not butt hurt in the least Dark. :laughing:

All these boats surf really well when dialed in. Well maybe not all, for those that surf on the awkward side.

I will say it is pretty sad when a $75,000 price tag is considered a budget boat nowadays.

• Like 2

I'm sorta but hurt at the price tags on these new centurions I'll have to be honest

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

Stock Z3 blows to your modified Avy? I have no dog in the fight since I sold my 12 RZ2 last summer but having an 05 AVY C4 I gotta call BS bud. I found very little difference with push and how clean the wave was between my two boats and both were loaded up heavy.

Harold,

You have been on Ragboy's Z3 and Anthony420's older Slammed non C4 AVY. Which has the better push/cleaner wave?

I said stock Z3, as in no extra weight. It was a very clean, nice looking wave but absolutely did not have the push of my loaded Avy. I stand by that statement all day long.

Troy. R    198

My brother-in-law got 400 lbs of lead the following weekend. I didn't go out on it with the extra weight, but he said it made a big difference.

Troy. R    198

I agree. It does take some time to figure out each boat and this was the first time the boat had been in the water. We set it up the way the dealer recommended.

h20king    794

Harold,

Ok we are talking Roberts Z3 and it's dialed. It is better on both sides set up right.

h20king    794

I agree. It does take some time to figure out each boat and this was the first time the boat had been in the water. We set it up the way the dealer recommended.

go to wake9.com follow Roberts set up and you will be blown away how good the wake is. Keep in mind I said the wake not the boat.

DarksideR    1,679

Ragboy's boats also usually benefit from having a rather large man or two sitting in ideal spots to help with ballast. I know two people that live on a lake. One has a 2015 FS33, the other has a 2015 Z3. Guess which boat gets more use... hint, it's lower in the alphabet. I've never surfed a dialled in Avy, but I think they're upper level.

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

I always hate the go look at this guys boat comments.. Go look at anyone who spends a significant amount of time doing anythings anything and its usually better or "dialed" in better than someone who just does it once a year.

I use this example for everyone on my lake, there is 4 almost identical SV211s on the lake and mine throws the best wave, did I get lucky? Do I know something no one else does? Did I just pick the right color? Do I practice voodoo?

NO, its because I have spent countless hours tweaking and dialing in my boat when the 3 others on the lake have under 75 hours on them total. Ragboy included, that guy puts up what 200+ hours a season? Damn right his boat is dialed in and it should be, pull a stock rz3 off the lot and let your dealer who is marginal at best set it up and I would be amazingly surprised if it was even close to theirs.

Every boat will make a good wave if dialed in proper. We see the same thing on this forum, do we ask the new guys that have 10 hours on their FX22s or do we ask a guy like Darksider? Do you take tips from me on a RI237 who's been inside one once or do we ask Nate who crushed 100 hours and like 7 competitions this season?

Pick the boat you and more importantly your wife likes, don't let the internet troll you into something you don't want because the wave is "better", because honestly guess what, 95% of us on here aren't good enough to decipher the minor differences between these waves anyways.

Harsh but true .002

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 5

h20king    794

Ragboy's boats also usually benefit from having a rather large man or two sitting in ideal spots to help with ballast. I know two people that live on a lake. One has a 2015 FS33, the other has a 2015 Z3. Guess which boat gets more use... hint, it's lower in the alphabet. I've never surfed a dialled in Avy, but I think they're upper level.

Roberts z3 now belongs to Rob and Janelle Harrington and still putts out an awesome wave without Robert in the boat. Same for the one before that that now belongs to the Sos family. The z3 is finicky and must be at a certain angle of list to get the best wake off just a little and it messes up the wake. When it's on its awesome but when it's not it's nothing to write home about. Not a tige fan but they can put out a nice wake on both sides.

h20king    794

I always hate the go look at this guys boat comments.. Go look at anyone who spends a significant amount of time doing anythings anything and its usually better or "dialed" in better than someone who just does it once a year.

I use this example for everyone on my lake, there is 4 almost identical SV211s on the lake and mine throws the best wave, did I get lucky? Do I know something no one else does? Did I just pick the right color? Do I practice voodoo?

NO, its because I have spent countless hours tweaking and dialing in my boat when the 3 others on the lake have under 75 hours on them total. Ragboy included, that guy puts up what 200+ hours a season? Damn right his boat is dialed in and it should be, pull a stock rz3 off the lot and let your dealer who is marginal at best set it up and I would be amazingly surprised if it was even close to theirs.

Every boat will make a good wave if dialed in proper. We see the same thing on this forum, do we ask the new guys that have 10 hours on their FX22s or do we ask a guy like Darksider? Do you take tips from me on a RI237 who's been inside one once or do we ask Nate who crushed 100 hours and like 7 competitions this season?

Pick the boat you and more importantly your wife likes, don't let the internet troll you into something you don't want because the wave is "better", because honestly guess what, 95% of us on here aren't good enough to decipher the minor differences between these waves anyways.

Harsh but true .002

very true it takes time to dial in any boat. We are knocking on the door of 120 hour's on our new boat and will break 150 hours by end of season. I would say the first fifty hours were spent dialing in the wake. Then the next 20 hours fine tuning.If you have the disease the wake is always a work in progress LOL
  • Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Amen Brother!!!

rockballer    162

My AVY wave is dialed in now... but out of the box it was pathetic at best. I don't like being listed too much... I have enzo sack filled 100% the other day and about 10 people on board... most of them on the surf side and the wave was epic... FML though... my rails were under water and I was taking allot of water on board.... TOO much water it was fairly scary... Think I am 100% going to be looking into another boat that sits higher out of the water and fits more people... BUT dang, the AVY throw a nasty wave then dialed in... But how safe is it... that's my question... It sure didn't seem safe. My bulge pump was almost constantly on.

Edited by rockballer
  • Like 1

Nick213    583

My AVY wave is dialed in now... but out of the box it was pathetic at best. I don't like being listed too much... I have enzo sack filled 100% the other day and about 10 people on board... most of them on the surf side and the wave was epic... FML though... my rails were under water and I was taking allot of water on board.... TOO much water it was fairly scary... Think I am 100% going to be looking into another boat that sits higher out of the water and fits more people... BUT dang, the AVY throw a nasty wave then dialed in... But how safe is it... that's my question... It sure didn't seem safe. My bulge pump was almost constantly on.

Wash your pee pee shorts and do that every time!!!! Lol I fill my AVY sac and put a 580# on the seat with 5 grown people in the boat ;)
  • Like 4

Carter13    69

Roberts z3 now belongs to Rob and Janelle Harrington and still putts out an awesome wave without Robert in the boat. Same for the one before that that now belongs to the Sos family. The z3 is finicky and must be at a certain angle of list to get the best wake off just a little and it messes up the wake. When it's on its awesome but when it's not it's nothing to write home about. NotNo

Thank you for your honest opinion, I appreciate that and you know you dig that tuck and roll. :laughing:

• Like 1

Shaka    146

My experience with a Z3 is that it's awesome when sacked out. Very comparable to my Enzo. During the golden age of listing Centurions and Tiges were at the top of the heap.