jester

October 2015 pics and vids thread

Nick213    583

Sweet vid dark! That wave looks long and deep too, who was that that stole my green shorts ;)

SurferAdam    168

Sweet video!! How were you weighted to get the rub rail under while under power like that? I'm in talks now with wakemakers to upgrade my PnP bags. Should double the weight.

That's 100 percent stock factory ballast with 3 people in the boat including driver. All pnp full, starboard ram 100, port ram 25, trim tab 85, cats -4

RhuntIII    555

FS33's wave looks pretty killer SurferAdam. Nice vid Dark.

stoked    1,039

That's 100 percent stock factory ballast with 3 people in the boat including driver. All pnp full, starboard ram 100, port ram 25, trim tab 85, cats -4

Dude. Maybe I haven't paid attention, but we've run that setup with 400lbs of lead and I don't think we were that low. Very sick wave! I feel like I should unwinterize...

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks guys, and I can't say enough good things about the FS33 wave. I love my FX22 wave, but I LOVE the 33's!

You shouldn't need to upgrade the 33 PNP bags. If you're having trouble getting the rubrail under water, I'm wondering if you're actually full. Do you see water spill out the side ports? And I've seen the bags self drain on almost every boat I've been on this year.

SurferAdam    168

Thanks guys, and I can't say enough good things about the FS33 wave. I love my FX22 wave, but I LOVE the 33's!

You shouldn't need to upgrade the 33 PNP bags. If you're having trouble getting the rubrail under water, I'm wondering if you're actually full. Do you see water spill out the side ports? And I've seen the bags self drain on almost every boat I've been on this year.

Yeah mine only recently started draining. Usually takes one fill override an hour to keep em full

CO Surfer    289

Here's the video from last Sundays goofy surf fest on SurferAdam's FS33.

Hope to get in a few more before hanging up the board for the winter!

Nice! Sweet wave.

Lak3surf3r    714

Nice video guys! Wave looks great too!

Dude. Maybe I haven't paid attention, but we've run that setup with 400lbs of lead and I don't think we were that low. Very sick wave! I feel like I should unwinterize...

I have 300 lbs of lead spread around my FS44 and without filling my pnps my rub rail is 2" under water. It was the same with filling the Pnps without the lead as well. the rub rail even touches the water sitting still. If I fill the PnPs its splashing off the carbon fiber and sometimes going in over the top of the vents. I think Dark is right and you arent actually full when you think you are or you need to dump some bow weight. Same as Adam said, 1 override and im splashing out of my vents.

Cdifranco    463

3m lexan and a cutting knife. Seal that vent up and remove it when surfing the other side!

Lak3surf3r    714

3m lexan and a cutting knife. Seal that vent up and remove it when surfing the other side!

They face up, and I very rarely weight it that heavy unless I have an ocean surfer in the boat lol.

Cdifranco    463

They face up, and I very rarely weight it that heavy unless I have an ocean surfer in the boat lol.

oooh I know what you mean assuming they are the same for mine as well. I will block them up when questionable drivers are driving. I have taken a few waves over that stopping fast of course isnt a big issue with the bilge pump doing what its there for but since I never take the boat out of the water all season I try to minimize any water getting in since the bilge wont suck up that last 1/4-1/2 inch of water.

I find my boat leaves condensation in the engine hatch if there's any water in my bilge

For me it was really a I don't know how to drive this boat surfing yet and I'm paranoid thing. Now I usually only run them if we are seriously listed or its rough rough out. I do think over the winter I am going to drill a single hole and put a stud in to mount a gopro. Used the suction cup mount all summer and it worked great but would be nice to have its own spot on each side.

stoked    1,039

oooh I know what you mean assuming they are the same for mine as well. I will block them up when questionable drivers are driving. I have taken a few waves over that stopping fast of course isnt a big issue with the bilge pump doing what its there for but since I never take the boat out of the water all season I try to minimize any water getting in since the bilge wont suck up that last 1/4-1/2 inch of water.

I find my boat leaves condensation in the engine hatch if there's any water in my bilge

For me it was really a I don't know how to drive this boat surfing yet and I'm paranoid thing. Now I usually only run them if we are seriously listed or its rough rough out. I do think over the winter I am going to drill a single hole and put a stud in to mount a gopro. Used the suction cup mount all summer and it worked great but would be nice to have its own spot on each side.

Why not just use a sticky mount so you're not drilling holes?

Cdifranco    463

I find the sticky mounts are not so sticky after baking in the sun all season.. I know some guys will say what do you mean I'm in Arizona or it's 110° And mine last but I have lost two go pros that way. Even with the floaty on it by the time you realize you lose it we backtrack half a mile and don't know really where it is. I agree I don't want to drill into the carbon fiber but I'm investigating options because I would like it to be an easy spot to where I can just screw it on and forget about it. I also hate the harmonic vibration sound that rattles through the plastic case

The good thing is I have seven months to figure it out the bad thing is I have seven months to figure it out...

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Use this: http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/jaws-flex-clamp/ACMPM-001.html

I've put it on the rear grab handle and the board racks. It does sometimes get water droplets on the lens when it's on the grab handle. Works really good with the newer style black square tube though.

SurferAdam    168

I have a go pro, it's sitting on the counter at my lake house still new in the box. How I've had it since 2013 and still never used it is beyond me, I guess when I'm headed out surfing I just have other things on my mind.

• Like 2

DrNate    426

post-1251-0-01013500-1445003428_thumb.jpg

Do not adjust your screen. What you are seeing is actually real :)

It's Oct. 15th and the lake temp is 88!

RHunt and I surfed our legs off yesterday

Edited by DrNate
  • Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

That's just too warm.

Said no one

chenige    84

30 degrees here in Michigan last night.

Cdifranco    463

30 degrees here in Michigan last night.

Show off! Just Kidding

Ha tonight and tomorrow night are suppose to be in the 20's for us. You guys are buying gas for the boat and were buying gas to heat our homes!