DarksideR

August 2015 pic and video thread

SurferAdam    168

Nice!! What ballast settings are you using for goofy?

I run pnp all full, starboard ramfill 100%, port ramfill 20%, cats -25, tab between 20 and 50 depending on how many people in the boat. I like 11.1-11.3 for because its easier to land air reverses, alley oops, 720's, so I've been trying to run around there for speed all the time but when I want to go for big air I'll bump it up to 11.5-11.7

• Like 2

stoked    1,039

I run pnp all full, starboard ramfill 100%, port ramfill 20%, cats -25, tab between 20 and 50 depending on how many people in the boat. I like 11.1-11.3 for because its easier to land air reverses, alley oops, 720's, so I've been trying to run around there for speed all the time but when I want to go for big air I'll bump it up to 11.5-11.7

Sweet, thanks!!

DarksideR    1,679

Threw together a quick one. Watch my kid be a dork at the very end showing off "his" lake. LOL.

Had an old friend come out who had never wake surfed before. Got up first try and even dropped the rope! But he fell pretty quickly after. We haven't been filming too much for a while, so I didn't have much to put into this. But my son riding wireless is there and is the best part!

• Like 4

Lak3surf3r    714

nice video Dark!

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

5c1b8f6a73372042a9c0af2ce9ab2a01.jpg

A before and after shot. Poor thing was filthy. e561d0b698651b0737f798611295e98c.jpg

Wish my boat had more red flake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

viking    491

Nice vid Dark. Awesome your son went ropeless! My wife and 9 year old got up first time about a month ago so it's exciting to see them progress.

If he keeps at it he'll be a pro before season is over. I'm hoping my oldest daughter can go wireless before season end and wanting my 7 and 5 year old to at least try to get up on the surfboard :)

• Like 1

Nick213    583

Nice vid dark! You get so far outta the wake on some of your cuts, I wanna try doing that! Your wife driving reminds me of mine, how they are really really focused and can barley throw a hade wave or talk to anyone lol. Your boy riding rope less, and filming a lot of that was really cool, he looks like he's having a great time :)

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks guys. He really does like being out on the boat now. THANK GOD! LOL. That last bit after the song ended of him filming himself cracked me up so bad. I had to put that into a video and share it! The wife is getting to be a little more at ease driving the boat now that we don't have water rolling over the back corner. And she's become a champ at handling the trailer. Puts a lot of the guys to shame at the launch actually. Not that that's hard. :)

• Like 2

this past weekend on slave lake Alberta just as the sun was going down about 10:30 pmpost-7149-0-89761700-1438871707_thumb.jpg

Hein    63

Photo of the boards we have been riding. I shaped/built these for kitesurfing years ago and they are working well behind the boat. They are/were quads but we've found that twins are more efficient so I covered the rear slots with foil tape and running FCS G-XQ small quad rears in the front slots. The white board had a thumb tail like the green one until I got out the jig saw.

Hein_wakesurf_boards.jpg

Edited by Hein
  • Like 1

Cdifranco    463

Just seen this on Facebook and had to share.

https://www.facebook.com/NickDanger420/videos/10205673834539928/

I actually laughed out loud at the bilge pump comment.

Camera man priorities.. Let me zoom in on this chicks as* real quick haha

• Like 3

jester    111

LOL, heard that. They're way past the bilge pump at that point. it's called abandon ship

Camera man priorities.. Let me zoom in on this chicks as* real quick haha

I watched that this morning well I was waiting for my crew to show up. The camera man was clearly distracted. boat going down or chick. that is a hard call. I was confused on what the bilge would do for you. Act as a little jet to push the boat around?

The bilge was running , you could see it shooting out the side ,full stream lol lot of distractions for sure, summer is so fun.

viking    491

Wow.........That was classic!

stoked    1,039

Just seen this on Facebook and had to share.

https://www.facebook.com/NickDanger420/videos/10205673834539928/

I actually laughed out loud at the bilge pump comment.

My favorite two lines:

"Dude is your bilge pump on?"

"I lost my beer in all of that"

DarksideR    1,679

Every time I watched the video a song keep coming to mind and this morning it came too me on what the song was.

LOLOL. If that stupid song gets stuck in my head now I'm going to hunt you down! LOL