BenHolloway    29

that port wave really needs some work, it may be big (I can tell) but it sure doesn't look ideal...

truekaotik    458

Seems cool! I'd like to see it in person because we all know a pic of a wave means almost nothing. The feel sure does though...... ;) Good post and now get out and surf it first....

Wylie_Tunes    146

Where you may run into issues is using aerator pumps, when using a aerator to pull the bag down you may have a potential to draw water past the check on the fill pump thus introducing more water into the bag.

Dont sweat it as this will not occur with an aerator drain pump. They can do a good job a raisining a ballast sac, they cannot draw enough vacuum to pull lake water through the fill plumbing.

• Like 1

Flyfish    5

Flyfish, it doesn't let any air back into the bag meaning that when water comes out is basically displaced with nothing, a vacuumed bag is an empty bag... Where you may run into issues is using aerator pumps, when using a aerator to pull the bag down you may have a potential to draw water past the check on the fill pump thus introducing more water into the bag. I'm still working out the kinks in my setup but Wakemakers has been a great resource for parts and advice it also doesn't hurt that I can stop by and poke around the warehouse if I'm really desperate for a wake fix...

I get it now. Thank you much for the explanation.

BenHolloway    29

Dont sweat it as this will not occur with an aerator drain pump. They can do a good job a raisining a ballast sac, they cannot draw enough vacuum to pull lake water through the fill plumbing.

Ive been hit or miss on this, I think it may depend on where your sack is wrinkled...

Wylie_Tunes    146

Ive been hit or miss on this, I think it may depend on where your sack is wrinkled...

Kinda personal dont ya think?

Ive never seen an aerator drain pump draw water through the fill plumbing in past 8 years selling and installing ballast packages. 6 feet of hose and 3 ft of lift will just about cuts its flow rate in half.

Your fill hose is coming into the top of the sac, right? Try adding a little elevation to the fill hose, so it has a downward flow to the sac as it comes out of the bilge. This also works to break the passive draining siphon, thus eliminating the need for a check valve on the fill side.

NW Boat Sports    232

that port wave really needs some work, it may be big (I can tell) but it sure doesn't look ideal...

Less than ideal... :)

Edited by NW Boat Sports

h20king    794

The wave looks great but I think Ben is comparing it to my wave so not a real fair comparison. I have my boat dialed.

DarksideR    1,679

That wave looks LEGIT!

And I gotta agree with Wylie on the syphoning. Never had an issue on my Elite with the aerator drains.

Bigcatpt    408

I think it may depend on where your sack is wrinkled...

Too much information....... LMAO

• Like 1

Bigcatpt    408

The wave looks great but I think Ben is comparing it to my wave so not a real fair comparison. I have my boat dialed.

H we all compare our waves to your wave now. Your wave is the new 40 foot wave we all dream of. There are no real fair comparisons since you bought your 226. :unworthy:

• Like 4

BenHolloway    29

Less than ideal... :)

Id have to shred it to generate true opinion... I still don't think the S21 is on the 226 level as far as cleanliness.

BenHolloway    29

Too much information....... LMAO

Really depends on temperature too...

• Like 1

NW Boat Sports    232

Id have to shred it to generate true opinion... I still don't think the S21 is on the 226 level as far as cleanliness.

That IS a 226.........

sprocketeer    9

is that a quick surf wave ??

Quick Surf appears to be deployed at 2:12 in the video

Audionly101    39

NW boat sports, what was the setup during your cool drone video? Was that all ballast full and quicksurf? Or a mix of surf side and starboard ballast?

BenHolloway    29

That IS a 226.........

its those damn pontoons... the 226 is right up there with the best wave I have ever ridden, maybe I'm just not sold on the quick surf i dunno :stuart:

NW Boat Sports    232

NW boat sports, what was the setup during your cool drone video? Was that all ballast full and quicksurf? Or a mix of surf side and starboard ballast?

Wakemakers sacs on both sides full, Surf left tab all the way down, port quickfill full, some water drained out of the starboard quickfill but not all....Just had another demo, so much adjustability with Quicksurf, Quickfill and Plug and play! You can fill everything and transfer back and forth or you can cheat a bit for the side you are riding on or you can full on list.

• Like 1