duramat    462

6'!!! Wow!

Tinkered and was pleased with mine just barely down past level. Totally loved adjusting even my reg wave for my boy

Bigcatpt    408

South and west of Provo marina you can find almost 9 feet deep out in the middle of the lake.

bhanson    12

Hmm cleaned up the goofy side but the wake was spitting in both sides. Way too much spray. I think my plate on the unbent side sticks out a little but. Too wide in other words. I'm going to have them cut a bit off that side and see what happens. The fact that Utah Lake is only 6 feet deep was definitely an issue as well.

When surfing regular, I had spray hitting the face of the wave, clearly visible in the picture I posted. Water was flowing out from the non-bent side of my A-Plate directly onto the FAE, then straight up into the air. I plan on extending my platform a bit and that may fix that issue, otherwise I will probably build a new plate with bends on each side so it diverts water past my FAE.

Bongo Fury    640

I'm stoked to get it out and try it.

attachicon.gifA-tab.jpg

RVR....is that plate from the factory?

RVR-RAT    269

RVR....is that plate from the factory?

Yes it is. I don't have the time or patience to get one made. Let's just say I got a GOOD deal on the tab. I am super happy with my dealer :thumbsup:

duramat    462

Yes it is. I don't have the time or patience to get one made. Let's just say I got a GOOD deal on the tab. I am super happy with my dealer :thumbsup:

Most Excellent

:thumbsup:

Shaka    146

I'm stoked to get it out and try it.

attachicon.gifA-tab.jpg

Tell me, does the right side of this tab extend all the way to the edge of the flat part or come up just shy?

Bongo Fury    640

Me to RAT.....Travis and the guys put one on at the start of the season. So far I am very pleased with the change!

adambomb2000    35

Hey could one of you fine peeps post a pic of your a plate showing the gap between the wing and the transom when the plate is at neutral position please? Want to start making my plate...

duramat    462
Hey could one of you fine peeps post a pic of your a plate showing the gap between the wing and the transom when the plate is at neutral position please? Want to start making my plate...

8e2uvy7a.jpg2upa8y4u.jpg7edy8umu.jpggy3ahate.jpgzy8eda8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adambomb2000    35

Awesome thanks Dura...it looks as though there is approx a 3/8" - 1/2" gap between the wing side and the transom. I just to leave enough so that when I bring the plate up, the wing side doesn't crunch into the transom

duramat    462

We kept the hinge right at the back close as possible

enzo on LI    79

Well after much procrastination I am finally letting you guys know my findings on the affect of the a plate on the wakeboard wake. My findings were at boat speed of 22mph and about 1400lbs of midship ballast (2 400 lb bags in the stock locations and a 750 in the middle of the main floor.) only me on board.

I had been struggling with the starboard wake having a mushy lip and occasionally rolling over to the point of making approaching the wake hard a little hairy to say the least. So I decided after much reading on here about the benefits of the a plate on the goofy surf wave to make my own and try it out.

I went ahead and made two seperate plates, one as a normal a plate with the wing on the port side and I also due to curiosity decided to make what I call a double s plate with a wing of equal size on both sides. I tried the double wing plate first as I really had a some doubts as to whether it would work. It honestly didn't do snugging for the wake on either side. I saw no benefits from this plate at all.

So I pulled boat from the lake and proceeded to swap out the double plate to the a plate in the landing parking lot. Put the boat back in the water and proceeded to try it out. I was amazed at the difference. The wake was super clean on the starboard side and there was a slight bit of foam on the top of the port side wake. From the looks of it the wake was going to be much better for more aggressive approaches.

This was over two weeks ago and as I said was by myself so no actual riding tests. But last Friday I got an opportunity to ride the new wake. There were 3 people in the boat and since I was only one with experience that was gonna ride I did not fill any ballast so it was kind if a light load. The wake was really good on both sides. Very approachable at any speed.

My question is...what's gonna happen to my regular surf wave? I have not had a chance to check it out as we don't surf near as much as I would like to. Am thinking I might shorten up the wing just a hair in length to try to balance out the wakes even further but am a lil concerned that I may be destroying my surf wave.

Here are some pics of the plates and wakes

I forgot to thank those that posted info in sizes to make these. It was a huge help. I cut the plates with a 2500 watt laser out of 3/16 5052/H32 aluminum. The wings I bent with a 190 ton 9 axis press brake. Way overkill but does a nice job.

Shaka    146

It's time for my contribution.

I had an A plate in SLC about ten days ago. I decided to just bolt it to the bottom of the existing trim tab. I found when I went to install it the right side of the plate extended slightly past the flat part of the bottom of the boat. Also the fabricator didn't quite get the angle perfect and it was slightly below 18 degrees. When I tried it out on Utah Lake the performance was crap. The plate overextending past the edge caused a very defined stream of water that, when hitting the white water sprayed all over the place. The depth of the lake also didn't help matters.

Before I left for Lake Powell last week I took the plate off and had the fabricator bend the wing up a tad and trim about a quarter inch off the right hand side of the plate so it was was trimmed back just slightly shy of flat part of the boat bottom.

I was really nervous because I didn't get a chance to try the modified plate before I left for Powell. I decided to leave it on and take my chances. First up were the natural footers. The plate didn't affect their wake at all with the exception that the plate made for a bit of spray coming up onto the rear hatches and getting whoever was sitting on those a little wet. Finally the goofy's got their shot. The plate made a huge difference. In fact a few guys commented that it was the best goofy wake they had ever seen. I was stunned how good it was and actually thought it was better than my natural side surf wake. It's crazy how this works but it does.

Has anyone noticed a bit of spray coming up onto the rear lockers? I've never had this before so I figure it has to be the plate. It's not a big deal but I want to fix it if I can.

7F2C6189-F653-42C1-9CD4-75CE2E5EC6A3_zps

E150C2B6-E933-4DF4-8F78-898B02A1D94F_zps

bhanson    12

Enzo, your port wake is definitely cleaner than mine with the APlate. Are those pics with 1400# or with no weight and a few passengers? My APlate did nothing to my regular-side surf wave, just cleaned up the "correct" side a bit.

Shaka, my APlate directs water right onto my FAE crossarm which sprays water on my regular-side wave, but nowhere near splashing people on the sunpad. One thought: if you bolted to bottom of existing plate then the edge of your APlate is sitting below your hull plane and I can imagine that causing some spray.

enzo on LI    79

That was 1400#s of ballast and me (190Ish) so call it 1550 to 1600. I was thrilled with the wakeboard wake but am nervous still about the surf wave. That said, your comments are making me feel a lil better

Shaka    146

Enzo, your port wake is definitely cleaner than mine with the APlate. Are those pics with 1400# or with no weight and a few passengers? My APlate did nothing to my regular-side surf wave, just cleaned up the "correct" side a bit.

Shaka, my APlate directs water right onto my FAE crossarm which sprays water on my regular-side wave, but nowhere near splashing people on the sunpad. One thought: if you bolted to bottom of existing plate then the edge of your APlate is sitting below your hull plane and I can imagine that causing some spray.

It's true and I thought of that. There's a good chance I'm going to have a new plate made hinge and all. Might as well now that I've confirmed it works.

sprocketeer    9

It's true and I thought of that. There's a good chance I'm going to have a new plate made hinge and all. Might as well now that I've confirmed it works.

Shaka,

Are you in Utah? Any chance you would let me try your test version on my Supreme after you have your new plate made? It looks like I have the exact trim tab that you have.

Shaka    146

Sure that's no problem. It will probably be a bit before the new one is made though. I'm going to be crazy busy for the next few weeks in addition to making some technical drawings for the fabricators.