Troy    234

I added the asymmetrical plate to my factory power trim tab.

d62cac72c99c2f544a89ae56374f8cea_zps3b5a

2058723862a0468087808e44a5a2d1d9_zps90fc

9fd6cf534aae40fa3a0bf40a19f54982_zps4667

336d6ff861f60f262c08a22ab8af325d_zps0701

I forgot to take some pictures from below. More pictures coming soon. But the overall size is like the one Centurion sells.

My metal fab guy is willing to build more if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

LKASurfing    53

Wow!! That looks great! You increased the side all the way around! I am curious what that does on your hull. I had just added a wing but kept the same length of my current tab. Looks really good! What cost was it? what is it made out of?

RhuntIII    555

Nice Troy! It looks like the added plate does not go under the existing plate and bolts up to the sides. Have you run this mod yet?

DarksideR    1,679

That's sweet! Looks like Your guy does a REALLY good job! My fabricator buddy is finally getting around to making me a stationary A Plate for my Elite. I added a small wing(1") to the starboard side of the plate as well. I've got every finger and toe crossed that this will help clean up my goofy wave!

Troy    234

Hey guys! I added to the Tab on the aft side also to make it the same size at the Enzo plate if you bought it (something like 13 inches long). It is made out of Stainless.

I have not run it yet. I am still working on adding my dedicated ballast pump (wiring is done, have do drill my thru hull and run plumbing) and replacing my shaft seal.

if anyone needs info let me know. :thumbsup:

Troy    234

I know all the screws are not in.

5A046200-DFAC-4110-8005-8FEE6B83E1F5_zps

621D30E5-E9E3-47FC-B9C6-FD2CBBE1170A_zps

A6F7F3CA-A147-4199-9BFC-83C5D1B8FBFF_zps

9196C9A2-7644-47C6-A9BE-895C45DACDD9_zps

h20king    794

love it I was going to do the same to my new boat. Could they be made with just the flange to bolt to the trim plate without the lip?? if so how much??

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

bolt on to mine, which looks the same as yours, is a win! NICE... with or without the lip??? I will wait for your water test before deciding... Im curious as everyone else... what would it cost?

Troy    234

He said he could make more, somewhere around $175 for one just like mine. I am confused about the "no lip" part?

truekaotik    458

You have it boxed in like the factory plate, the new A tabs don't have a rolled up edge from Centurion.

Troy    234

Ahhhh. I bet his price would be cheaper on no having to box it all the way around.

acman    59

How do you think that would work bolted to a plate with one actuator?

duramat    462

I think it'll work fine.

Alot of us are in that scenario with the Lenco 101 series.

DarksideR    1,679

Cmon' Dura! Test that puppy out!

Troy. R    198

I think it'll work fine.

Alot of us are in that scenario with the Lenco 101 series.

Yep. The newer Enzos use a single Lenco also.

duramat    462

Cmon' Dura! Test that puppy out!

This week!!

• Like 1

Should work fine. I swapped my Stock plate for the "A" Plate on my 2013 Enzo with the single actuator and had no issues.

DaveO    0

I put one on my 2010 avy with single actuator and it rattled like crazy. The exhaust outlet comes out right on to it. It would probably be better on a boat with the newer single exhaust or sideswipe.

Shaka    146

I think it's interesting that you incorporated the old plate into the design. Are you at all concerned that the small gaps between the two pieces of metal will create turbulence or spray? Also did you consider just bolting an entirely new plate to the bottom of the existing plate? I guess that would put holes in the OEM plate if you wanted to remove the A plate at some point.

I'm debating between your method and the other I mentioned.

Troy. R    198

I put one on my 2010 avy with single actuator and it rattled like crazy. The exhaust outlet comes out right on to it. It would probably be better on a boat with the newer single exhaust or sideswipe.

I surprised and sorry to here that Dave. You're the 4th Avy I've heard of to do this mod and lake test it, but the only one to have a rattling problem. Did you try to figure out a way to get rid of the rattle, or just remove the plate?

Was the leading edge of your wing completely above the transome angle? I could see if the leading edge of the wing hug over that the turbulence might cause a rattle...