Shaka    146

Shaka,

I have been trying to find someone in SLC to fabricate a plate for me but I can't seem to get anyone to respond. Can you tell me who is doing your fabrication?

Kingdon sheetmetal in SLC. I'm going to do up a correct version of the tab instead of one that bolts on bottom of previous tab. Maybe we should team up and do two at the same time.

I was at Powell a couple of weeks ago and made some further observations regarding my version of the plate. To remind you folks I bolted mine to the bottom of the adjustable plate that was already on the boat. This worked great for cleaning up the wake on the goofy side and didn't affect the regular side. However there is a bunch of spray coming up. It's a minor annoyance but it's enough that I wouldn't recommend adding a plate in this manner.

An buddy of mine and I looked hard at what was happening with the plate while we were surfing. I found that due to the plate being mounted under the current plate that water would end up coming over the top of the wing and was causing turbulence that resulted in the spray. It's simply a matter of the plate being too low in the water. The fix is easy, abandon the idea of an undermounted plate and simply use the Duramat method. Find a piano hinge that fits the mounting area under the hull and weld the plate to the top of it. I figure this will put the plate about about a quarter of an inch above the bottom of the boat. I just need to find the mounts for my rams to attach to the plate.

sprocketeer    9

Kingdon sheetmetal in SLC. I'm going to do up a correct version of the tab instead of one that bolts on bottom of previous tab. Maybe we should team up and do two at the same time.

I am fairly sure that mine will be different from your since it is a Supreme. I would still go in with you though. I am going to just add to my factory plate so I can go back if it doesn't work (Duramat method).

I tried to upload my drawing but I guess the file is too large...

Edited by sprocketeer

sprocketeer    9

The regular wave on my S21 was great without much effort but I really struggled with the goofy wave on my S21.

I had an A-Plate fabbed up thanks to Shaka's contact and came up with this. The goofy wave pictured is with the stock ballast and cleaned up great with the A-Plate.

HUGE WIN!

2nbslmd.jpg

15yzsiv.jpg

2cdfkhu.jpg

Edited by sprocketeer

Shaka    146

Wow that's freaking awesome! Did you notice an increase in spray? I see flecks of water pretty high over the wake. This are hitting my rider in the face and making things a little annoying.

duramat    462

The regular wave on my S21 was great without much effort but I really struggled with the goofy wave on my S21.

I had an A-Plate fabbed up thanks to Shaka's contact and came up with this. The goofy wave pictured is with the stock ballast and cleaned up great with the A-Plate.

HUGE WIN!

2nbslmd.jpg

15yzsiv.jpg

2cdfkhu.jpg

Sprocketeer, you can order a Stainless Hinge and then just tack it onto your plate and elimate your factory stuff. I love mine, so nice to have a clean wave now! Looks good!

WakeDoc    471

Wow that's freaking awesome! Did you notice an increase in spray? I see flecks of water pretty high over the wake. This are hitting my rider in the face and making things a little annoying.

Dollar store googles

sprocketeer    9

The amount of spray the rider sees now is negligible compared compared to the mess (and spray) I had before the A-plate.

• Like 1

Troy    234

Just FYI. This weekend we had no wind to the lake was smooth and I did some wakeboarding. With the A-plate the wake was washed out where as before it wasn't at 22mph, I had to add some weight to the port side to clean it up. So just to let you know if you wakeboard a lot you might not like the A-plate on an Avy or make it a quick release some how.

Shaka    146

The amount of spray the rider sees now is negligible compared compared to the mess (and spray) I had before the A-plate.

I agree. Prior to the plate I had no spray but a crappy wave. No I have some spray and a great wave. I'm excited to see if my next iteration of the A-plate fixes the spray problem.

As for wakeboard my Enzo puts out just as good of a wake as before.

Shaka    146

Sprocketeer, you can order a Stainless Hinge and then just tack it onto your plate and elimate your factory stuff. I love mine, so nice to have a clean wave now! Looks good!

Can you get them from Centurion?

duramat    462

Call them up, tell them Dura sent you! .......LOL I don't think they would

N8 Froelich    12

They had a brand new FS44 at the dealer today, I snapped this picture of the a-plate. Thought I'd share for reference. Seems like they moved it up a little as opposed to being on the same plane as the bottom of the hull, the way mine is.

Anyone tried to order one of these from the parts department? probably way too much money for a bent piece of aluminum but it would be a quick alternative. I know on mine I'd have to fab the hinge some.

post-6448-0-63964000-1412395159_thumb.jpg

Bongo Fury    640

We added the plate to my 233. Purchase from and install was done by my dealer.

• Like 1

enzo on LI    79

I agree. Prior to the plate I had no spray but a crappy wave. No I have some spray and a great wave. I'm excited to see if my next iteration of the A-plate fixes the spray problem.

As for wakeboard my Enzo puts out just as good of a wake as before.

I added the a plate to my Enzo in an effort to better my starboard wakeboard wake earlier this season...badabing!!! No more lip rolling over at 19-23mph! I was and still am very impressed

• Like 1

RVR-RAT    269

We added the plate to my 233. Purchase from and install was done by my dealer.

X2... The price was surprisingly not that bad. I know it's not as cheap as doing it myself, but my time to chase material go back and fourth trying to get the angle right is worth the little bit extra I spent on the factory plate.

post-1061-0-46494100-1412559662_thumb.jpg

stoked    1,039

Just FYI. This weekend we had no wind to the lake was smooth and I did some wakeboarding. With the A-plate the wake was washed out where as before it wasn't at 22mph, I had to add some weight to the port side to clean it up. So just to let you know if you wakeboard a lot you might not like the A-plate on an Avy or make it a quick release some how.

I'm a little late to the party, is Rocky still able to make a plate for an 07 Avy? I can get you measurements tonight

• Like 1

ssgviper    7

I was so all over this mod until I read this post by Troy (a very credible Cent Crew member here :unworthy: ). I'm a bit reluctant to do this mod as I do wake board and surf. Dura (and others who have done this), please chime in!

Edited by ssgviper
  • Like 1

stoked    1,039

I was so all over this mod until I read this post by Troy (a very credible Cent Crew member here :unworthy: ). I'm a bit reluctant to do this mod as I do wake board and surf. Dura (and others who have done this), please chime in!

We hardly wakeboard, but I wonder if you can get around this by making the default position negative 5 or 10 degrees, pointing slightly up so it doesn't come in contact with the water as much?

Troy    234

I haven't Talked to Rocky in a while. Well ever since I tried to get him to build me a couple plates this summer for other members and He stopped returning my calls, I'll try and touch base with him again. Another thing that might help on this mod is if the addition of the a-plate isn't level/flush with the stock plate but "Up" some it MIGHT help. It appears that the new boats a-plates are NOT level flush the the bottom of the hull like MY stock plate is.

All in all, I would still recommend this mod for anyone with an Avy that surfs. To wakeboard, just add some extra ballast to the port side and all is good.

stoked    1,039

I haven't Talked to Rocky in a while. Well ever since I tried to get him to build me a couple plates this summer for other members and He stopped returning my calls, I'll try and touch base with him again. Another thing that might help on this mod is if the addition of the a-plate isn't level/flush with the stock plate but "Up" some it MIGHT help. It appears that the new boats a-plates are NOT level flush the the bottom of the hull like MY stock plate is.

All in all, I would still recommend this mod for anyone with an Avy that surfs. To wakeboard, just add some extra ballast to the port side and all is good.

Solid! I was thinking of making a full new plate removing the old one, then attaching the hydraulics a little further up the plate so that it sets with a slight upward angle. If I need to push it down some I can with the switch.

No need to check if you don't want to, found a guy in my neighborhood that will do it.