ReSession

Order UP! 2014 SV233 coming to VT!

truekaotik    458

OMG, it's 125lbs in speakers.... Not hard to figure..

h20king    794

True your math is a little off just the rev 410 is 50 + LBS

DrNate    426

That makes my ears bleed just looking at it :):band:

truekaotik    458

I would love to know where you get your numbers? Let me guess, shipping weight? lol According to the WetSounds website, you know the manufacturer? Well according to them, The hang weight of a single 410 is 36.2 lbs ( X 1= 36.2lbs) and the hang weight of a 10 is 14.8 lbs ( X 6= 88.8 lbs)…. So who's math is off? I actually use math everyday for a living…….. :thumbsup:

Edited by truekaotik

DrNate    426

It must still be winter :)

• Like 2

ReSession    165

Talking about the 410's always gets confusing given the fact that each unit is a "pair" of speakers.. To clarify, I believe the goal here is to do 2 REV 410 units. Just like the picture above. While I don't think anyone has done it, I think it may be possible on the aegis tower with some creative mounting solutions. Definitely not possible on the gladiator, given the curved top.

Thanks for the clarification Matt! Yes, I can see the word "pair" has caused some confusion here! When I think of the word pair, I think of 2 identical sets of items (a pair of gloves, a pair of earrings, etc). In this case, I'm talking about two 2 Rev 410 units! :) Hope that helps?

h20king    794

True i also use math everyday for a living .no need to get mad but the weight given does not include clamps .so yes shipping weight is closer than posted weight

truekaotik    458

Not mad, being more realistic and not making assumption about something I know nothing about.... You said speakers but let's take it all into account.... If you want to add clamps, no problem. A stainless clamp rolls in weighing about 5lbs, let's add LEDs and a cover around 2lbs.... Givin the rev10 weighs in now just around 20lbs.... A 410 48 lbs all said and done... That comes close to 300lbs for 6 rev10's and a 410 huh?

You also made a assumption that two 410 would barely fit on a aegis tower and no way 4 would... Was this a wild guess as well? Have you done or even seen the aegis tower? You didn't realize it was tube style and clamps are used unlike the gladiator tower?

Welcome back H!!! :)

Edited by truekaotik

h20king    794

Tell you what .I have four rev 10's on order . I will put one on a scale when they get here and take a pic.Not going to ruin Gregs thread arguing with you.

Bongo Fury    640

Holy Shinto H…..4 Rev 10's!!!

RhuntIII    555

with all those speakers and clamps won't we need extra wire? How much does that way? :ice:

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

with all those speakers and clamps won't we need extra wire? How much does that way? :ice:

we will hit 300 #s somehow..... :)

h20king    794

True you are funny. I bet it is closer to 300 than the 125lbs you posted. You have a stereo shop go throw one on a scale and take a pic. And while your at it throw on a 410 that is if you carry the high end gear in stock. Not sure why you decided to get hung up on weight the tower will hold it.

rawinnin    73

True you are funny. I bet it is closer to 300 than the 125lbs you posted. You have a stereo shop go throw one on a scale and take a pic. And while your at it throw on a 410 that is if you carry the high end gear in stock. Not sure why you decided to get hung up on weight the tower will hold it.

There is the H that we all know!

Hey if True does carry "the high end gear in stock" you should do the H20 thing and ask for a BRO Deal!

Edited by rawinnin

DarksideR    1,679

LMAO! It definitely has been a long winter, hasn't it!?

Greg, it looks like I was misinformed about the Aegis tower being lower than the Gladiator. I personally like the look of the Aegis, and it does LOOK like it's a stronger tower. I've driven behind 4 rev10's on a Gladiator, and it freaked me out how much the tower moved on some of the bumps and dips. But I don't think they've had any issues for the last two years with them. BTW, those 4 rev10's sounded AMAZING!

h20king    794

If you Do Not Ask You Will Not Receive. I am going through Earmark like always so Don't worry Top Ramen they will take care of me. Have to Love a Bro Deal LOL

truekaotik    458

Where do you think I got my numbers the second time? I even texted a couple people the pic but I don't want to take that from you H so post up your revs pic for a gladiator tower that requires a stainless bracket as well. If you know a 410 fits on a gladiator as a 3some why not go that route? Lol. Not hung up on weight buddy, hung up on reality and the fact it can be possible when you know the tower your working with and what you can and can't do. Throwing out a guess as fact isn't helping anyone, especially to argue the fact from someone else... Do some homework and post up your finding bro :)

Hint: don't forget to look at the pic again to weight the right "clamp" they used....

Edited by truekaotik

h20king    794

when were we talking about a gladiator tower ?? Don't be shy post you pics and ill post mine when my speakers arrive. If you go back and read I gave a guestement not exact numbers. If im way off then cool that is better for all. I know my 485's and my 410's were super heavy and a huge pain to put up and take down for long road trips that's one of the big reasons we are going with four REV 10's this time. I have no experience with the REV 10's yet so if they do weigh 20 LBS or less im stoked. Less weight than The 410's means less tower shake and less stress on the boat. This is one of those times when I hope im wrong

dejoeco    59

when were we talking about a gladiator tower ?? Don't be shy post you pics and ill post mine when my speakers arrive. If you go back and read I gave a guestement not exact numbers. If im way off then cool that is better for all. I know my 485's and my 410's were super heavy and a huge pain to put up and take down for long road trips that's one of the big reasons we are going with four REV 10's this time. I have no experience with the REV 10's yet so if they do weigh 20 LBS or less im stoked. Less weight than The 410's means less tower shake and less stress on the boat. This is one of those times when I hope im wrong

Love my REV 10's

• Like 1